Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if i have learned one thing in this thread its that blowing holes in the other sides arguments is pretty pointless. they just dont seem to care that their point is incorrect.

and it has been working both ways in this thread for quite some time.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

How many more days til
    No mo sancho?

Holes...your argument is the Titanic 7 feet from the iceberg.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

So your saying in 3 of Sanchez's 4 years, at least, receivers werent running the right routes? 3 seasons of 18+ interceptions, 4 seasons never breaching 57% completion. 4 seasons of never putting the ball on the ground fewer than 9 times.

I could buy it if his stats suddenly fell below his career norms for a season, but 2012 is pretty much the same as his baseline.

His sub 55% completion rate is his baseline, 3 out of 4 seasons now have been below 55%.
    his 13 TD's is just a little south of his career baseline being above his low point and only 4 TD's short of his second highest total.
    His 18 Int's are pretty much dead on his carrer baseline, 3 seasons of 18+.
    His yards per attempt at 6.4 were pretty much dead on to his career baseline with 3 years of either 6.4 or 6.5.
    His Sack % of 7.0 was roughly in line with his career baselin of 6.7% in two of his other 3 years.
    In other words in just about every way 2012 was pretty much dead on to his career baseline.

It might be different if one year he had EVERYTHING above his career baseline, but the reality is every year he's been on his career baseline in all but one category.

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Sorry Nacho haters but this is From ESPNs great, NOT! Cimini:
    Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg told me that Sanchez's "completion percentage and accuracy percentage have been sky high up to date." (In Mornhinweg's grading system, he considers them separate categories.) He told me that Wednesday afternoon -- after Sanchez's three-interception stinker in practice. I kid you not.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Great, now Hobbes will defend him for an entire week using that one quote.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bah...it's only OTA's.

It don't count.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I pretty much quoted verbatim what Rex said. Rex said Sanchez made a mental mistake on the handoff and that he turned out the wrong way.

He didn't specifically use the word fullback, but when the head coach said you made a mistake on the handoff, it is pretty easy to figure out who the ball was supposed to go to.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...9-0c52a1ac5110

Sanchez confirmed the ball was supposed to go to the FB and said he was thinking of a different play in his head.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-famous-fumble
    Greene himself also said the ball was supposed to go to the FB. I can't find Tony's quote but he said the same. No sane person believes that all of those quotes are just a conspiracy to cover for Green's mistake and Sanchez is just taking the blame for it because he is a great leader.

How you still blame the buttfumble on Greene and Moore is mind boggling. :lol:

Who cares what Moore said back in October? Who is arguing that Sanchez threw his players under the bus back then? I really don't care what the other players say from 7 months ago. I have a quote of his that came out of his mouth a few days ago where he is clearly throwing the receivers under the bus.

I'm sure it's true. It doesn't specify if the completions are to the offensive players. :) He threw 3 picks on 15 attempts, so there's a 20% completion percentage right there. Add in the ones that did make it to the receivers and I am sure it is well above his career high completion % of 56%. :rofl2:

#9507 Testaverde, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

9. Hobbes3259

Why do your links 404?

doesnt matter, Ill take your word for it.

Yeah, I guess Collinworth should know better than to believe his own lying eyes.

#9509 Hobbes3259, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  10. Hobbes3259

Armand. It doesnt matter. Hes under center opening day.

So, its just a matter of you guys basically rooting for the team to fail.

Sorry your boy Geno is foing to be seeing the game from the sidelines.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Not a matter of my boy Geno, it's a matter of Sanchez is very unlikely to be the answer the Jets need at QB. If your going to play ball control offense and focus on defense you can not win consistantly with a QB who is inaccurate at short range, has never regardless of his recievers completed as much as 57% of his passes, isn't a big arm QB and, worst of all, takes miserable care of the ball.

Bottom 1/4 in stats, Most fumbles over the past 4 years, most Turnovers over the last 4 years.

Sanchez supporters call last year a fluke, but statistically he was basically the same as 3 out of 4 seasons, under 55% completion, at or over 18 intercepetions, at or over 9 fumbles, between a 6.7 and 7.0 sack rate, around his career baseline in every single category. What you saw was Sanchez exposed in his full glory without an elite running game to support him.

If Geno peforms well in the pre-season the Jets have to take a look at him and see if he at least takes better care of the ball and if not and they're in a position to draft a higher upside QB next year they'll know to head that way.

The number of QB's who turn things around in one year when they're consistantly around their poor baseline is about 1 in 50.

12. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

C'mon guys. The best thing we can hope for is that both Sanchez and Geno can perform at least average. That way, if one QB (whoever is starting) gets injured, then at least we have a reliable backup.

I understand that some of the Jet fans on this forum dislike Sanchez because of the turnovers and inconsistencies for the past 4 seasons. But why not be optimistic about having both QBs perform good within this system? I'm not worried about who starts day 1, because I trust that the coaching staff this year will put the best players on the field, let it be Sanchez or Geno.

If anything, maybe this off season will make both Sanchez and Geno better QBs due to competition.

13. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

That's it?
    That's your reply?

Could this be the first time I see you admitting you are, and have been, wrong in a subject where you've ridiculed others for seeing it differently?

#9513 Swedish Ale, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I agree.

While in my mind Sanchez is gone after 2013, its worth it to have him improve either A. because Geno isn't ready or B. because a ready Geno gets hurt.

and yeah god forbid he's improved enough to start himself as well.

This year is about seeing what we have in our QB's, one expensive option that thats shown ability at times but has regressed and one cheaper younger question mark.(and oh yeah that national championship winner with the weak arm and good brains)

Lets see who wins out, I don't think its set in stone no matter what our perceptions of the QB's are.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rooting for the team to fail would be putting Sanchez under center. That would be an organizational decision to tank the season.

Geno will see the game from the sidelines. When Sanchez does mop up duty against Buffalo. I'm glad you see things with common sense now :)

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So if Geno's not ready, we should just throw him out there anyway because he's not Sanchez? I hate to say it, but Sanchez has experience, if he's the better guy in camp, he should be the guy behind center on day 1.

17. alleycat9

i saw this picture and it made me think of this thread. 5 more days hobbes 5 more days.

[​IMG]

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, our OC turns his lonely eyes to you..."

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Is it 5, I thought it was 6. That's even better news!!!!!!!!

20. alleycat9

5.... 6.... its just a number really :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.