Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sanchez played 6 road games, Kaepernick 1 road game.

kapernick took over a team that was in the ttile game the year before, mark took over a team that hadn't won a playoff game since 2004 and hadn't been to a title game since 1998.

Did you notice the weapons he had to work with? slightly better than what Mark had. Did you notice Frank Gore averaging 5 YPC?

what if the D isn't pushed around all first half and allows less than 17 pts? what if the D gets the O the ball back late? we'll never know. we were in that spot needing to take a chance late in the 1st half b/c the D was so awful.

2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Explain to me why it matters where total O ends up which includes the running game when we are talking about QBs performance under a certain OC. How does Sanchez get credit for the #1 and #4th ranked rushing O which boost a total O ranking when his passing was 31st and 22nd?

If the 2006, 2007, 2008 Jets and the 2012 Rams had the #1 or #4 rushing attack, Schottenheimer's total O would have easily been ranked ahead of the 2009, 2010 and 2012 Jets O he ran with Sanchez at QB.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yea 17 points is horrendous. How dare they give up 17 points on the road?.. that's just awful.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

And that is exactly why I just had to give up hope after this weeks OTAs. Just because its practice you don't throw whatever. 3 interceptions are completely inexcusable. He knows he's battling for his job, so I don't care if the receivers out there where all camp bodies. If the throw isn't there you don't throw it and hope for the best.

Smith had an interception, but I've read that it went through Mayo's hands into I believe McIntyres hands. After that he didn't complete as many passes as Sanchez, but I'd rather take 2 or less completions than 2 more interceptions.

5. nyjunc

17 pts in a half and if Pitt needed to score more in the 2nd half they would have just like they needed 2 1st downs to end it and they got it.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Well I kind of addressed this earlier, but you ignored it. so I'll refresh your memory.

2006 the passing game ranked #17 in yards #3 in completion percentage. They were #25 in total offense.
    2007 the passing game ranked #25 in yards #18 in completion percentage, #26 in total offense. *before Chad went down and was replaced with Kellen they were on pace to be in the top 10 in passing and top 15 in total offense (But injuries happen).
    2008 Ranked #16 in passing #5 in completion percentage and #16 in total offense. (and this with a QB who required surgery after the season).
    2009 (the Sanchez era) #31 in passing, #29 in passing percentage, #20 in total offense.
    2010 #22 in passing, #30 in passing percentage, #11 in total offense.
    2011 #21 in passing, #24 in passing percentage, #25 in total offense.

So lets see, in his 6 years with the Jets he had 2 seasons ranked #17 or higher, and if chad hadn't gone down that would have been 3.

In his 3 years with Sanchez only one season was better in passing offense than the prior 3 years, and that was the year that Chad went down and Kellen totally blew chunks for half the season (as much as i knock Sanchez he's no Kellen). He had 4 season with a top 20, 3 of them being top 15 and 1 of them being top 10 total offense season as the jets OC.

If anything this illustratest he while Schotty wasn't an outstanding OC, it's pretty clear Mark costs him his job.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's still part of the run offense though. It makes up the rushing game. Part of the rushing attack. Couldn't you make an argument Greene should be taken out because he doesn't provide as great as a receiving threat as LT in the running game? Brad Smith was part of the rushing attack.

Yes the defenses were not perfect in 2009 or 2010. If that's the standard you hold the defense though, it should be held for the offense too. And the defense has been a lot closer to being perfect for 16 games than our offense.

Act of god to stop Big Ben in the first steelers game? We held them to 17! In the following Steelers game we held them to 17 points again. Both times the defense forced a safety.

The Tebow game where we needed them to pitch a perfect game to win because 10 of the Broncos points came a pick 6 and then a drive that started on the Jets 34? What happens in this game if the offense doesn't give away 7 points?

I think if people think the defense carried Sanchez and Sanchez did nothing, that is the wrong line of thinking. But I do think that the defense was a great defense, not elite, and was very beneficial to the Jets in 2009 and 2010. Even if they gave up a late drive to Denver or Atlanta, you have to look at the amount of times the defense failed in those games compared to the offense.

Really? You complain so much about stats without context and using your eyes, your response to my post are stats without context. Consistency!

Nah if the Jets win it's the team, if they lose it's the team. Sanchez was much more of a vital part of the losses last year than the wins. Where as in 2010 he was a very vital part of the wins and the losses.

8. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

How dare they give up 17 points on the road while scoring a safety. That means the O had to score 16 points to win the game. :breakdance:

What if the O scored more than 3 points in the first half? What if the O scored when they had the ball 1st and goal on the pitt 2?

:up: Seeing Hobbes get toasted never gets old. :lol:

#9448 Testaverde, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  9. displacedfan

This is such a terrible excuse. I can flip it, with the Pitt defense needed a stop, they got one on the GL. They let the Jets score the other times in the half :breakdance:

Credit should be given to the offense and defense in the second half. The GL stand is where the comeback started to unravel. Can't spend that much time and come away with 0 points. We saw in the previous week with NE in the playoffs where they had that long 4th quarter drive but ended up with 0 points when Brady and Branch couldn't connect on 4th and 13.

The Jets played so poorly in the 1st half they needed to play perfect in the 2nd half of the Pitt game. They couldn't do it, because perfection is a tough task

10. displacedfan

I think it's too early to judge with OTAs and with WR sitting out. The preseason is where we can accurately start to judge if Sanchez has made improvements. It will be a different team defense coming at him with hopefully a healthy offense.

Granted reports of his throwing interceptions will always be discouraging, but I don't think we can put any weight into those reports until we see him throw in the preseason games. Should be a much better test

11. displacedfan

Very misleading. The defense giving up 17 points was PART of the reason we needed to take a chance. The other PART was because the offense put up 0 points. If the score was say 13-17, less likely we take a chance and just regroup after half. Same argument if the score 3-10 or 0-10. Both units were part of the reason why.

12. nyjunc

I didn't post stats w/o context, I simply posted Gore's #s. I don't post rankings. You stated how much better he was w/ kaepernick, that simply wasn't true.

The O's scored at a similar pace,they won at a higher % w/ Smith and Gore was much better w/ Smith.

they put us in a 17-0 hole in the FIRST HALF.

It wasn't Mark's fault we couldn't run it in.

The O never had a chance to win it so we don't know what would have happened, the D had a chance to get them the ball and failed.

13. 1968jetsfan

True, but the Jets offense didn't do the defense any favors, the defense was gassed in the first half.
    the Jets had 5 possessions in the first half, only one of those 5 possessions was more than 2 minutes, 3 of them were 1minute 4 seconds or less. Defense never got a chance to catch their breath, in the firsts 30 minutes the offense held the ball for about 8 minutes in total, the other 22 minutes the defense was on the field.

yes the defense got beat up in the first half, but the offense was doing absolutely NOTHING and the defense was just gassed.

14. nyjunc

Pitt's O set the tone w/ that long TD drive to start the game. Our O on a freezing day was watching from the sideline, when they got their first cracked they moved it and gave our D rest but it didn't help. The D allowed Pitt's O to dictate the game.

15. nyjunc

first drive Pitt has it for 9 mins and scores a TD
    we get it back and go on a 4 min drive giving them rest

it didn't matter.

we only had 3 drives before the fumble, 2 were 2 mins or more. the drive after the fumble there was a minute left so it's hard to hold the ball in that spot and they did go down and get a FG. Of their 5 drives they did have 2 7 play drives.

The O entered the game trailing, the D allowed Pitt to set the tone. both units struggled until the 2nd half but with the game on the line needing to hold Pitt to one 1st down we couldn't do it.

16. 1968jetsfan

Additionally Junc the Jets offense only managed a meager 17 points in the game, and then only becasue the Steelers were playing a soft defense to prevent the big plays.

17. displacedfan

Again very misleading. For someone who hates stats without context, you rely on "crushing", "momentum", and "tone" a lot. Things that can't be measured let alone known unless you are on the field.

Let's look at this.
    Pitt O goes and scores 7 points.
    Jets offense stalls at the Pitt 44 and punts.
    Jets defense intercept Pitt.
    Jets offense goes 3 and out.
    Jets defense lets Pitt kick for 3.
    Jets offense goes 3 and out.

Sorry, the offense can't blame their failures on the D. They had their own problems that day not related to the defense.

18. 1968jetsfan

Laugh the ultimate "the dog ate my homework" excuse. So what if Pittsburgh scored first? Or even second? The offense just laid down and DIED. The offense did NOTHING, nadda, zilch to help the defense, or the team, win the game. I'm not going to say it was a stellar defensive effort, it wasn't.

But that DOES not give the pass ot the offense, in fact if Sanchez was such a big game QB it's the perfect time for him to step up and bail out the defense, just like the defense had done for him so often over the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

But yeah Junc whatever, marks flawless, A big time QB at least puts points on the board in the first half, Mark isn't a big time QB..if his defense doesn't play nearly flawless ball they don't win.

19. nyjunc

17 pts in 25 mins of possession time. based on that if we have the ball as long as Pitt did we score 24 pts. You want to say the Steelers were playing soft well their O relaxed, if they didn't they could have scored 20 o us like Indy did the year before and if Indy kept attacking they could have scored 40 on us.

20. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

The Jets D controls when the Jets O scores? It wouldn't have been 17-0 hole if the offense played better. They shut Pitt out in the second half. They allowed 17 points all game on the road against Pitt. Pitt scored 31 on Bal the week before. The D never should have been put in the spot of needing another stop. It was the failures of the O throughout the game that put them in that spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.