Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes yes all those many years he was 27th ranked but top 10 best.

i can give him rookie blues in 09, i can give him mediocre but improving in 10 but in 11 he was not good he lost his team and should have lost his job.

he has been overall mediocre, he had a few bright spots but lets not get carried away and say he reached full potential and was a great leader of the team.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Over the last 3 seasons the Jets ranked 22nd in pass attempts per game out of 32 teams. the Jets averaged 29.7 pass attempts per game, the NFL Mean avearage, meaning an equal number of teams above and below the break point, is 33.3 passes per game.

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

Exactly. He made a few plays that some guys still look at now and that's why they still like him this much. I think it's best if we just go our separate ways.

Honestly I've supported Mark, but as you said ranked 27th in the league, you can't help but think that if we had a top 15 QB those years that we would of won a lot more games, and possibly have gone to the SB. I understand that he did good in the playoffs, but a top 15 QB could of possibly done better.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He wasn't mediocre in 2010, he was very good and a huge reason we won as much as we did.

2011 he was closer to mediocre, probably a mid of the pack guy.

2012 was the only bad year he has had.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

And like I said before, he did come big at some spots and make good plays, but to determine if he was a good QB or not all you have to look at is the number.

12 TDs to 20 INTS as a rookie is bad, but he was a rookie let him slide.
    17 TDs to 13 INTs in his second year with all the talent around him tell you that he was pretty much carried to the playoffs.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

C'mon man. Since when is 17 TDs to 13 INTS good? Yeah he made a few plays, but the numbers don't lie in this one.

7. 1968jetsfan

Problem was they weren't an abberation in 2012, He tied his second highest interception total, granted he did set his career high in fumbles at 14, 4 more than his previuos high of 10 (twice) and 5 more than his career low, 9.

The only reason Flacco is ahead of Sanchez on lifetime Fumbles is he's played 18 more games than Sanchez.
    But your argument falls apart on the turnover comparison, Flacco has thrown 13 less interceptions in 18 more starts, and over 620 more passing attempts.

It's not even a close comparison. Additionally Flacco has thrown far more touchdowns over his career than Sanchez, has a lifetime Completion percentage 6% higher than Sanchez and we won't even start talking about yardage or any of the other stats.

Bad argument on losing turf. You know your desperate when you start saying turnovers are over rated, or calling them punts.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ok i disagree with you about 2010, he showed some promise that year but also still had a bit of a hangover of the issues he had in 2009. but thats not really important at this point. i will give you that he was very good in 2010.

so overall at this point in his career he had a rookie year which he played like a rookie, he had a very good year, a mediocre year and a bad year. can we agree on that?

9. 1968jetsfan

Hey good news! mark is a top 3 QB.

In turnovers.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

To be honest I was still kind of rooting for Sanchez to come into camp and win the QB battle and turn his career around, and then I heard that he threw 3 picks in OTAs, one to Damon Harrison.

I still hope that he can turn his career around for us and win the QB battle, but that's all it is hope. I come to realize that it most likely wont happen.

And that same way that I hope that Sanchez wins it, I hope that Geno wins it. I want Geno as the Jets QB of the future, but I still want both QBs to play well.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

awww...that's so sweet.

Group hug!

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Can't hope for something bad to happen to a player on your team. As long as the guy is a Jet I'm rooting for him. No matter who it is.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that.

I like Sanchez...I may clown around about it, but he's simply got to play better. And by better I mean lots better...along with the rest of the offense.

Sanchez has his own history to overcome.

'09-28th
    '10-27th
    '11-23rd
    '12-31st

That ain't good.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Playing QB is a growing experience and their are plenty of Qbs that have developed later especially one with Marks limited college experience. When evaluating Mark you cant' just look at his number you have to look at the decisions he is making and are they correctable he is only 26.

To me Mark can make all the throws and has a gunslinger mentality (that is his problem) He would be great with Calvin Johnson type receiver to bail him out on bad throw. The jets did not have that ever the closest was Braylon. A good running game helps all Qbs and if you don't have a good running game you better have good receivers. Well the Jets had neither last year and top that off with average to below average o-line and a horrible OC.

The jets defense was not spectacular last year either meaning Mark forcing more and more. The first NE game is a great example started off slow got hot with some great throws then tries to do to much and fumbles.

The question is can a proven OC (the first one he has had) cut out his mistakes? We will see I can tell you one thing one day of OTA's tells us nothing with a brand new offense.

If Mark steps up this season we win 10 games Geno starts 6 at best and hope he shows promise but his first few starts will be ugly.

15. nyjunc

when he helps us win 11, when he has 4-5 late game comebacks, when his D blew multiple leads and his run game was mediocre most of the year.

Pretty much.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well considering Geno only threw 6 picks vs 42 TDs last year, those bad moments didnt happen too often.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

Run game was mediocre? Jets finished 4th that year in rushing yards, defense finished 3rd.

I wouldn't say that he lead us to the 11 wins, he was definately a factor in them, but other than the couple comebacks he was a liability on the team.

Like I said before, other than the few comebacks, had we had another QB throw more TDs, this team wins more games.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Listen it does not matter what Mark has done the question is what can he do going forward. The Haters say he has topped out and is what he is the supporters think he can improve.

Haters- Look at his stats no getting better

Supporters- Look at the Circumstances he performed under

Here is the truth of it and I wish the media and fans would just be patient. If Mark is as bad as the Haters think he is he will show it through out camp and the season and be gone. If he is salvageable like the supporters think we will know soon enough also. Just Let it play out.

19. nyjunc

mediocre most of the year, LT had a great start but after 4-5 games he averaged about 3 YPC the rest of the year. Don't be fooled by the #4 ranking, that included over 300 meaningless yds in week 17 when we rested players, it also included all the reverses and WC Brad Smith stuff. Our run game was good but far from great.

Maybe the other QB throws Tds in meaningless times? we can't say we'd win more, "better" QBs w/ better talent seem to struggle more in January than Mark did.

20. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Are you paying attention? Hobbes is blaming all of Mark's problems on Schottenheimer and asked for offensive rankings. Since we are talking about the QB, I posted rankings for the passing game. 2008 isn't the only year that I posted the passing game ranking from. I know you hate Favre, but try not to get stuck on 1 season. We have 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2012 to look at without Sanchez at QB. All but 1 of those years the passing game ranked higher without Mark than it ever has with Mark. Mark only had 1 year that ranked higher than the worst year Schottenheimer had which was when Pennington was injured for half the season.

You are a bigger fan of Schottenheimer than I am. You don't believe that Schottenheimer is to blame for all of Mark's problems either, but since 1 of the years that Schottenheimer's passing O ranked higher includes Favre, you are happy to argue against yourself. :rofl2:

It is so funny to me how someone can blame Schottenheimer for all of Mark's problems and then go on to talk about Mark getting it done in the playoffs when Schottenheimer was the OC. I'm sure the 31st and 22nd passing offense is what got it done in the playoffs. It certainly had nothing to do with the #1 and #4 ranked rushing O and the D holding opponents to 16 PPG. :breakdance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.