Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

of course not, the top guys will see a drop in #s but they wouldn't be nearly as bad. The more important question is would they win? and the answer is no. I'm sure w/ a top[ guy we win maybe 2 more games but not enough to make the playoffs and we aren't going on any postseason runs.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Exactly, No Qb was going to the Pro-Bowl that played for the Jets last year. The only game we guarantee win with another Qb last year is Tennessee. Remember we won the Az game.

The offensive was a cluster last season from the RB, WR, O-line and most importantly scheme.

Why the hell are we judging Sanchez as a top 5 QB he is not. Will he be I have no idea but today those are unrealistic expectations for fourth year QB with they way he was developed.

Next year Sanchez will still not be a top 5 Qb but he can be top 15 combine that with his big play ability and we have a good QB. If we are expecting PM,DB,AR we will never be satisfied.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Big play ability?????? hahaha. big play ability for the opponents maybe...

But you are right about him being top 15. There's a good chance he will be among the top 15 backup QBs in the NFL next season.

4. nyjunc

I am not penciling him in as a top 15 guy, I expect if he gets to start he'll be much better but he has a lot of repairing to do.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't wanna get into a long back and forth but with better QB play we probably win the first NE granted that Sanchez actually played well in that game. But down the stretch the play calling showed that they didn't trust Sanchez in that spot to throw. That's why they ran the ball 3 times and kicked a FG.

We probably beat the Titans, Chargers and Bills with better QB play.

6. nyjunc

or maybe we lose by much more? you do recall he brought us back from 10 down in the 4th and gave us a lead.

Didn't Den run 3 times to end regulation vs. Baltimore? did they not trust Peyton? They wanted to run clock to not allow Brady a chance to do what he did.

We got killed by SD and Buf, the Ten game we win w/ better QB play most likely but remember every time our O scored the D gave it right back so how do we now that doesn't continue if we continue scoring?

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Ok you got it junc. I didn't wanna get into a back and forth.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I did provide the link, and if you followed it you would have seen your comments on Sparano below Hobbes ;)

9. 1968jetsfan

Always in context and if you read my comments in the thread I pointed out that the success had been against questionable defenses and over the next few games the Jets offense fizzled, well before the noted injuries took place.

yes context is your friend. Jets lost to Pittsburgh the following week scoring 10 points, struggled to beat a questionable Dolphins team, got shut down by the 49ers almost completely. In They played reasonably well against Texas, though their defense was abit suspect past JJ, and they did come to life against the poor colts defense. They played the Pats well but got destroyed by the Dolphins in New York.

In short the Jets offense played reasonably well against the most poor defenses ( we all know the Patriots defense almost always gets off to a slow start). But against average or better defenses they struggled, even before the injuries took their toll with HOlmes going down in week 4.

But in reality it was really a continuation of 2011 with the offense feasting against subpar defenses and starving against average or better defenses.

10. nyjunc

In that thread I had one quote:

"Time to get over it, so far so good for our O and SL is doing ok as well."

I assume I meant STs?

How was I saying how much better we were w/ Sparano and how much talent we had? I said all along I wanted to keep Schottenheimer so where is the evidence I was slobbering over Sparano and saying we had elite talent?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hindsight is way more fun than that context thing.

09-09-2012
    ****-To be fair, that's right. Sparano is not Bill Walsh. But our Offensive talent, is top tier. Number 7 total offense this year

Mind my own business? You ripped people all offseason for shitting on schotty and put the majority of the blame on sanchez. After week 1 you look pretty silly. Granted it's only 1 week but it's pretty childish to put your hands over your eyes and ears and scream "I can't hear you!" when you get called on it.

****-schotty sucks...this was obvious before we played a down this year (or played a down 3 years ago), and its even more obvious after 1 game, and it will continue to become even more obvious as each game goes by.

****-Wasn't everyone predicting the Bills to be much improved and to put a beat down on the Jets? Wasn't everyone saying the Jets would have trouble scoring against them and there "great" d-line? Yea - now that we owned them like we usually do it's going to go back to "well the Bills suck" - no big deal. You can't have it both ways.

****-This thread is a little too early. The Jets proved yesterday they're extremely underrated... the offense in particular... but Schottenheimer had six years to prove he needed to go. Sparano needs more than one game to show he's the real deal.

****-I do agree with that ... it was only one game. But the people who were overreacting about meaningless preseason games need to put way more stock into one regular season game than they put into the preseason.

****-Absolutely. Jumping off a cliff over the preseason is incredibly dopey.

****-i dont think it is....sparano called a tremendous game, and from what we saw i doubt he will suddenly start calling schitty like games...the upgrade is apparent.

****-i mean the same ppl that we're killing sparano in pre season are now on their knees blowing him. the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. we may be an improved offense this yr with him but we arent gonna be fucking Oregon like we were yesterday

****-The philosophy is there. I see all the same things you see. My immediate reaction is that the coaching change was the correct move. No more dopey motions, no more retarded flat passes with no blocking. It LOOKS great.

****-I love the way people suddenly change their tunes after the fact. Bills fans have been posting here for the last month talking about how the Bills are going to destroy the Jets and analysts were saying there's no way our line could contain Williams. Now the Bills just suck, it has nothing to do with the Jets playing near lights out on all 3 teams.

1968jetsfan-Before judging one way or another I'd like to point out two, what should be, very obvious points.

1) it's only 1 game.
    2) The Buffalo secondary just isn't very good and their defense is suspect.

Repeat the success next week against Pittsburgh, who while getting older, are a good defense. By repeat the success I don't mean 48 points, just the flow and game performance. One game means nothing in terms of how the offense will function, especially against a suspect defensive unit.

Names were redacted to protect the innocent, homers, and dumbasses.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Recall what I blamed Nacho on, from the previous posting? If nothing is going right, then throw it away, and play the next down. That's what you should do as a QB. On 3rd down? Throw away, punt and hope the defense will hold it for you. Ryan's defense will more than get the job done for you anyway.

So why force it and throw a pick? Or worse yet, wait for the open WR that does not exist? That's what is wrong with him. He has to think quick. He has to be decisive. That's what Sanchez has been anything but.

His short pass does lack touch. That much I can agree. But you know what? When Tomlinson was catching the ball from the backfield, did you hear anything about the short pass deficiency? Only that one reared its head when stone hand Greene kept dropping gimme passes over and over again. (Yeah... that good-for-nothing sack of shit, if you forgot about him already.) Sanchez has not been that 60+% passer everyone wanted him to be, but so what? It's not his fault that receivers keep on dropping the ball, is it? If you can't count on your receiver to catch the pass, how can you be a confident passer? [This is why I slam T-Bomb so harshly. Sanchez really had something special going on with Braylon early in his career. T-Bomb literally bombed it. Blast it away, my friend.]

Part of the reason is his piss-poor and shoddy throwing fundamentals - sight adjustments, footwork and committing too early. Sure. Blame that all on Sanchez - but like I have been saying for a LONG TIME now, that one squarely falls on Cavanaugh. I wanted that fuckoff gone so bad.

It was so bad that, defenders could just cue on Sanchez's throwing motion then defend re-actively, instead of making Sanchez force the issue. Hell, I would be watching where Sanchez is looking. I might even get a lucky pick 6 by doing just that.

(And Jets implemented that 3-second-beep bullshit to make him get rid of the ball quickly - especially when the system doesn't even make sense. Good fucking job right there, I tell ya.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

By now, I am inclined to think that Sanchez is a lost cause. I would be glad to see him prove me wrong, but I don't bet on that. His mechanic is completely shot, his confidence is shot and I even worry his stinger injury would still be there when it counts deep in the winter. He is as good as gone, if you ask me. (But know that, he has a lot of promise, only Jets fucked him up real bad.)

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-quarterback-before-training-camp/related/

We don’t care what the prevailing thought is,” offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg told Mehta regarding the view that the fight won’t be resolved before the start of camp. “We only care about our competition here.”

This approach suggests that the Jets would like to go with Geno Smith, and that they prefer to spend July and August getting him ready in lieu of making him fight for a job he’s already destined to have.

No need to start a new thread to announce the obvious.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Or maybe they just don't give a shit what the BS media thinks or says?

15. 1968jetsfan

Depends on what your deeming as short pass. If your refering to behind the line of scrimage then yes, with an elite back Sanchez basically got up to the league average on passes behind the line of scrimage, actually a little lower than average but close enough to give it to him.

But, if your talking 1-10 yards,aka beyond the line of scrimmage he falls down to around 59% between 2010 and 2011....those are bread and butter NFL passes. Sanchez averaged between the two years around 68.5%, he was over that at 72% in 2011 and below that at 65% in 2010
    Christian ponder last year 65% in the 1-10 range, 83% behind the line of scrimage
    Big Ben was 70% in the 1-10 range and 77% behind the line of scrimage
    Ryan Fitzpatric was 66.4% in the 1-10 range and 82.5% behind the line of scrimage.
    Andy Dalton was 68% in the 1-10 range and 80.4% behind the line of scrimage.
    Though there is one QB at short range I found that Sanchez pretty closely stacks up to on short range passes.
    Brandon Weedon, 62.7% in the 1-10 range and 69.9% behind the line of scrimage.

and after having looked though QB's one thing has become obvious, I was wrong...on screens behind the line of scrimage sanchez still falls about 10% short of the NFL average, and I didn't even look at the really good QB's.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ummm...hardly. One Mike Florio is generally wrong, so you should go 180 degrees.

If you actually read Mehtas article, that Florio stole from, MM says, Lee is working overtime with Smith on his footwork.....

Now, consider, that prior to having Smith fall to them at 39, the Jets brought in a cripple, to allegedly challenge Sanchez.

(article last week said severl AFC execs indicated he was spent).

The object now, when Smith wasnt a consideration, is the same as it was then.

Buying Sanchez some level of respectability to avoid the continuing media circus.

If you are talking about deciding before pre season, logic dictates its Sanchez job to lose.

FCOL, Smith is still learning to operate from under center.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I prefer to go with it's Smith's job to lose.

18. 1968jetsfan

And last year a 3rd rounder noone expected to hear from beat the expected, and fairly well regarded, but not exceptionally well, incumbant for the Qb job and led his team to the playoffs.

Sanchez is a QB who the Earth has fallen from beneath him. If Geno even plays as well as Sanchez in the pre-season the job is his.
    Geno is hardly a cripple, he's not RG III, or Andrew Luck...but then again neither is Sanchez.
    if there is a cripple involved it's Sanchez, the league leader in fumbles over the past 3 years, the league leader in turnovers the last two years, top 5 QB in turnovers and fumbles over the past 4 years (and probably in the top 3, but I didn't research back far enough to confirm that).

#9038 1968jetsfan, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  19. Hobbes3259

Except...its not.

There is no winning Scenario for the GM...unless Smith outplays Sanchez through the preaseason, by a large margin.

Its not that complex...less so with Garrard gone.

Sanchez is getting 8.5, no matter what.

Sanchez at least has something of a resume.

If the Jets, rush to hand the job to Geno, and it doesnt work out, the GM looks bad, on twp fronts, the pick and the decision.

Cant cut Sanchez. You are down to one (maybe) playable QB.

If Sanchez goes into opening day, and struggles...everyone comes up looking good.

If Geno goes into opening day and struggles, not so much.

If they are shortening the time frame (which, fwiw, I am not buying...because that looks like no competition), then its clearly to proceed status quo.

20. Hobbes3259

Youre comparing apples and oranges. Matt Flynn was not a player, and had been in an NFL offense, but hadnt seen significant time, so was for all intents and purposes, a relative unkown.the issue being discussed was what it means if the Jets are shortening the time frame

Clearly that favors the incumbent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.