Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not fair.

5 of the 7 "fantasy stats" were positives.

Well, for Sanchez they were positives. He could have done worse.

He did win us 6 games.
    I blame to defense for the losses.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hobbes & NyJunc may be onto something.

Defending Sanchez is kinda fun.

Dealing with reality sucks.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hobbes I can understand because he all but admitted on a couple occasions that he derives self-worth from the performance of his football team. So with that said, I get his defense, even though it is obviously silly for those of us who aren't delusional.

Junc is still an uncrackable nut at this point. Who knows what motivates his refusal to acknowledge reality.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Up next-

-Why cutting Gholston was a big mistake.

-How the Jets ruined Bubby Brister.

-Joe Namath: One lucky bastard.

-Turnovers: how to tell the bad ones from the ones that are just bad.

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

And how New Coke never got a fair shot by consumers.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

are we at 28 days till no mo sancho?

yes yes i think we are!!!!

junc junc are you out there?

7. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

junc doesnt post after business hours or weekends/holidays.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wait..are you saying all of his posts come at the expense of his employer?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Evaluating Sanchez.

Apparently, its the out of context hate thats fun.

The haters have needed the June 1 designation explained a dozen times, so they could stop theor third grade Calendar Math.

10. Hobbes3259

How many times do you need the designation explained?

11. Hobbes3259

That may be the gayest attempt at a personal attack, ever posted in the forum.

Yes, the defense is silly. thats why ue hasnt been cut.....

12. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Yep...

His drunk uncle Hobbies takes over during off duty hours:beer:

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yes but Sanchez is still more to blame for that TEN loss than defense or ST. The defense let up 14 points. At that point, you expect your offense to score more than 10. If you think 14 points is too much for D/ST then you are holding the defense to EXTREMELY high standards.

The TEN game matters because that's when it really seems Sanchez was gone mentally. Making TERRIBLE decisions regardless of talent. Making TERRIBLE decisions without regard to game situation. That's why that game is focused on. It seems like a game from his rookie year, except it was a game from the end of his 4th year. And it wasn't one game in a streak of good games, it was the worst game in streak of bad games. It's disappointing that mentally he seemed off. That's the toughest thing to fix and that's why we have NO idea what Sanchez we get next season. We have NO idea because there no way to prove mentally how he bounces back. Remeber heading into 2012 we heard it was a different Sanchez, throwing the ball with more zip, better footwork, more of a leader. Mentally that showed for maybe 3-4 games then we saw him slip to his bad habits too quickly. It started end of year 3 then some spurts where you couuld say "maybe he is on a hot streak now" then disappeared.

You cant make that huge jump that NE scores. That makes no sense except taking a one sided view because it favors yourself. There is no guarantee they score, there is no guarantee we make the FG. But you don't know if we get the 1st down. Throwing the pick was probably the second worst thing there, fumbling is probably the worst. That INT isn't a good punt, that's taking a team out of potential points. If we were on our own 40, 3rd and 18 and he chucked an INT to the 2 yard line, yeah I get you. But potential FG, no that's removing the chance for points, not a good punt. It was a bad decision, a bad throw, and he read the defense late. What ever happened to Sanchez scrambling when there is green in front of him. He never does it anymore. Just bad decision making most of last season.

14. Hobbes3259

Of course it is. When the defense knows its coming. And you predictably go outside the numbers.

Pass heavy, means 1st and second down. Not third and long.

Though, that 3rd and 8 with three minutes keft, hitting Cumberland in stride in triple coverage for 30 plus yards was a money play.

But even that throw, was between the hashmarks, not outside tue numbers.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lulz so we're giving Sanchez credit for hitting Cumberland up the seam on 3rd down, yet somehow also bailing him out for a 3rd down play that never happened because he probably wouldn't have converted it.

Again, I love being an average fan

16. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Seriously? :rofl2: You compared a Sanchez Int on 2nd down in FG range to a good punt? :lol: You are the gift that keeps on giving!

Let me do what you think you do for others. Allow me to impart some knowledge. Teams converted passing 3rd downs at a distance of 7 to 10 yards 34% of the time. Sanchez threw that pick on 2nd and 8. If we could have gained just 2 yards on 2nd down, the average 3rd down passing conversion rate for a distance of 5-6 yards jumps to 43%. Not exactly remote odds for most NFL teams.

You make a lot of assumptions in your quest to compare the pick to a good punt.

#1. You assume that we can't convert a 3rd down when we had the ball on 2nd and 8.
    #2. You assume that we can't score anything other than a FG.
    #3. You assume that we can't stop NE from getting at least a FG when we did just that on the previous drive.

That turnover didn't work out for us. It took points off the board. We could have potentially scored a TD, held NE to get the ball back and kick a FG to take the lead.

But we have Sanchez at QB, so you are probably right. On 2nd and 8 on the NE 36 we shouldn't expect Sanchez to be able to get us a first down. A pick in that situation is like a good punt. :lol: Good job Mark! The average fans won't recognize what a great job you did by throwing that pick, but the SuperFan has your back. :breakdance:

#7716 Testaverde, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let me see if I can explain this for the average fans that have flooded this forum. I'm a new member of the Sanchez Defense Team, so bear with me.

That int. was the play to make.
    See, there are bad turnovers and then there are turnovers that are bad.
    Bad turnovers look bad but are actually good once you extrapolate out the worst case scenarios along with some wishful thinking.

Remember, Sanchez only looks bad. Once you understand that not only does he have substandard talent around him, the defense is also suspect and can't hold a slim lead for longer than three quarters. They look good, but they are bad. See?

So basically, Sanchez is probably one of the better players on the Jets. He only looks like the worst.

Don't worry if it seems confusing.
    It's very difficult for the average fan to understand.

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm learning so much today!

can I be a sanchez defender? it looks like fun!

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This "bad is actually good" thing is great!

I feel like George Costanza when he started doing the opposite.
    I may have to stop masturbating.

Utilizing this new perspective, I predict the upcoming season is gonna be great. It will look bad, but that's good.

I'm the master of my domain!!!!

20. Hobbes3259

It was a big play with the game on the line, in an obvious pass situation....

But the larger point was where he wasnt asked to throw it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.