Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Both fumbles weren't his fault. One was Greene, and the other was Moore. Yes the INT was, he under threw the pass. I don't really care about the stats, we were one drop away from winning. That game was ours for the taking, but we just made too many mental mistakes. Sanchez had a few, Greene, the oline, Wilson, Davis, Hill, Kerley, Schillens everyone contributed to the loss, except maybe Dustin Keller. I'm not blaming everyone but Sanchez. I'm blaming the team as a whole, including Mark.

Hasselback? Huh? That HAS to be a joke.

What a moronic statement. Moore failed to protect him and that play was over in seconds. I saw him call out blitzes several times that were picked up. I don't know why it's so hard to realize the TEAM lost, not just Mark. Mark was the reason this game was even close. Hill catches that pass near the end of the 4th, we probably win. But it was a perfect pass that was dropped and it certainly wasn't the only one. It should never have even gotten to OT.

#681 Barcs, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm hardly the first to say it, and won't be the last. The position of Quarterback isn't just about passer rating, TD's, or Int's. I bet Mark could hit the uprights from 40 yards on a higher % than most other QB's in the league. But QB's take every snap, handle the ball almost every play. He has poor pocket awareness, and he's a choker. Without that safety, the Jets are 2 points ahead of the pats when regulation ends, even if Greene gets 1 yard and we punt. It's plays like that that ruin the entire teams spirit.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

So, Sanchez's inability to protect the football when he knows he is going to get hit is the fault of the offensive line? Talk about blind man love for a loser QB and being a moron... put that hat on dude.

He almost always fails to throw the ball away when he knows he'll get sacked. It seems half the time he gets sacked he will fumble because he doesn't protect the ball. That last play is proof of that.

Man up. Admit this team will never have ANY chance of winning the division until Sanchez is gone. Once you can face that fact, it gets easier. Denial.... is not a river in Egypt.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So Moore's inability to protect Sanchez from getting hit literally 2 seconds after snap is only on Mark. Blind man love?? Bro, learn how to read, I put blame on Mark, just like everyone else.

So by almost always you mean once or twice. Gotcha.

:lol: Shall we look that stat up and make you look stupider than you already appear?

:lol: I don't even care if I get banned. You're fucking stupid. The team doesn't need fans like you, please jump off the cliff or go follow another team. Sanchez brought us to the playoffs twice and it's still a realistic possibility. He makes mistakes, just like most other QBs in the league. Jesus Christ did you see Rivers last game? What about Eli Manning's pick that was just terrible? It's easy to hate on someone when you are too retarded to notice that there's 10 other guys on the field with him.

No, I never said Sanchez was great, or that he doesn't make mistakes. He's an average at best QB and we all know it. Saying we'll never have a chance is just utterly moronic considering the fact that he was integral in our playoff runs. Follow another team if you can't handle it. Sanchez ain't going anywhere.

#684 Barcs, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm just a racist for pointing out that Sanchez cost us yet another winnable game (that's two this year, in case you have trouble counting).

6. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if Pennington had had a decent arm or, at least, if he hadn't been bitten by the injury bug (about a million times)? He had such a head for the game.

Slice off Sanchez's head and put on Pennington's head. THEN slice off Sanchez's body and put on Testaverde's body. Then Sanchez would make a killer QB......

:)

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't believe people are blaming mark sanchez for this loss. It's mind boggling, do yo guys have any idea what you are watching?

8. jbiddy4

jbiddy4 Member

Do you? Dude is a loser.

9. TSC

TSC New Member

Interception on the Patriots goal line. Poor handoff which lead to two points. Fumble to end the game.

It's incredibly fair to say that Mark the biggest factor in losing this game.

10. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

I don't know about you guys, but as a Dolphins fan, I watched the game and saw a dangerous quarterback with a good arm who can complete different kinds of throws all over the field and move the offense. Especially with our secondary, he could conceivably play with few if any mistakes and win you the game. 21 other guys also got you to the point where the fumble lost you the Patriots game.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we had even an average NFL QB we would have won that game..the pass to Hill was an abomination .

12. JAG

JAG New Member

And if youre saying that youre a true fanboy which is ok it just isnt reality Sanchize does suck he's horrible. Take a moment and digest this, the Pats pass D sucks, badly. What you had was a shitty QB playing a crappy pass D and the shitty QB played better, period. Pats made Wilson look like a world better last week, thats what they do.

If this past game gives you hope good for you but he will never, ever be a good NFl QB

13. nyjunc

he gave our D a lead w/ just over a minute to play. he was a huge reason why we had that lead. he had a few bad plays(the INT wasn't devastating b/c it pinned NE inside the 5).

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

The problem is that anytime sanchez does anything well its like he is automatically absolved of anything he did poor prior to it.

I give mark props for that 92 yard drive that gave us a chance at winning this. excellent drive. but it doesnt change that he made a ton of errors in this game. and its those kinds of things that cost us in the long run.

The interception on the pass to hill. the thing with this play isnt only that he threw the pick, but he made not 1, not 2, but 3 rookie mistakes on one play:

1) he took forever to throw the ball on a route that was initially open, when had he thrown it sooner would have been at least a completion for a long gain, if not a TD

2) after he waited to long, he STILL threw it, and drastically under threw it, giving the play no chance

3) after waiting too long, he should have checked it down to greene in the flat. he had FOREVER to find him and get it there, and there was no one within 20 yards. and thats not an exageration, 20 yards. that play goes for a big gain.

on that play sanchez missed 2 pretty easy chances for a huge play, and turned it over.

also, on that 92 yard TD drive. 4 plays before the touchdown sanches has the tight end ruetland un covered right over the middle for about a 4 second count. he has all day to throw. he locks in on one guy, and throws it away. yes we scored on that drive, but he missed a 25 yard gain on a play where he had unreal protection and a blown coverage. you can miss those as a 4th year player.

the drive for the FG he hits keller on corner route. its a 20 yard gain, but keller is wide open, the protection is solid and sanchez throws high to wear keller has to leap and tap his toes in for a great catch. we wouldnt have blame keller for not keeping his feet in and a good throw there allows alot of RAC yards. again, that needs to be a better throw

first half, kerley runs a deep crossing route. the cornerback is sitting there waiting for it, sanchez throws it right to the corner. luckily it is tipped up, the defender falls and kerley comes away with it leading to i believe a FG. again, decent protection, bad decision, bad throw.

the fumble at the end. thats on sanchez. ball protection is #1 in a situation where a turnover literally ends the game.

the fumble on the greene handoff. thats 1/2 on sanchez half on green. for both of them, you are inside your own 5, ball protection is #1.

In short:

- too many turnovers(especially in opponent territory taking points off the board)
    - too many high/behind/low passes that at the very least prevent run after the catch
    - too many missed wide open targets on errant throws
    - too many missed wide open targets on lack of vision

these are consistent week to week. im nto giving sanchez an 'F' for the game, because he did make some throws. but its still a C for me given the protection he had, how open guys were, and how bad the pats secondary is. and worst is that a C+ probably wins the game

15. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Exactly. Sanchez is just not the future of this franchise. He had his chance to win this game and he's not going to get another pass defense as soft with as many wide open receivers as he had yesterday. Tebow is even worse. It's too late this year but without a doubt the Jets need to get another QB in the early rounds next year.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It's no secret that I'm not a Mark Sanchez fan, but to say this game was lost solely because of him is just as stupid as saying he played no part in the loss. Did he have a nice game? Yes, his best of the season, albeit against the worst secondary in football, but he was far from awful. Did he play a part in the loss? Of course he did. Once again he was at his worst at the worst times and turned the ball over with a chance to win the game. Tuck the ball, take the sack, live to fight another two plays (it was second down). However, Stephen Hill's drop, Sparano's conservative play calling and our continued inability to cover the TE were also factors in this devastating, heart breaking loss.

Mark Sanchez is not the long term solution, but he was not the only problem yesterday.

17. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Great post, I agree almost 100%.

Sanchez deserves a lot of credit for pulling himself together and putting the Jets in position to win yesterday's game. But, at the same time, the Pats played like shit and the only reason that we needed a big comeback in the first place was because Sanchez was useless for most of the first half.

The thing that really concerns me is not that he makes mistakes, but that he makes the exact same mistakes that he's made over the past three years. I don't know if that falls on the Jets coaching staff or on the QB himself (or, more likely, some combination of the two,) but it makes me seriously doubt how much better Sanchez is going to get.

Can we win a Super Bowl with Sanchez as QB? Of course we can -- shit, we've almost done it twice already. But he's a league average quarterback at best, and it's always going to be an uphill battle with him under center.

18. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

This sums it all up. He is almost a full second behind the actual play. Even on crossing routes, he consistently throws behind his receivers - forcing them to turn back and fall over - gain of 3 yards when it should be gain of 5+.

Its obvious now, Sanchez isn't going to dominate any game. He cannot make all the throws as we have now seen. We will piss away another couple years with this kid. Now there is no way Id want Tebow over him, so don't think I am even suggesting that.

19. nyjunc

1)how do know what his read was, he was locked in left and saw Hill too late.

he did a poor job on that play no doubt, that will happen in games w/ any QB.

when he ahd Rueland he was running for his life, it's easy to say seeing the replay but he was in a jumble trying to escape pressure.

not every throw will be perfect, he was high to keller but it was caught, he throw some better balls that were dropped.

here's the bottom line. Eli throws a terible INT to allow wash back in the agme, he gets a chance to atone and Wash blows coverage and leads them to TD. NYG D then holds, Sanchez made a poor play early in the game, he atones by giving D late lead and as they always do the D blew it in a big spot.

Is sanchez inconsistent? absolutely, does he need to become more consistent? absolutely but a huge reason we were in that game and had a chance to win was b/c sanchez carried our offense through the air while our top 2 backs averaged near 3 YPC.

20. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

Sanchez gave the team a lead and handed it to the Defense to hold the lead and they blew it. During the whole second half no one even touched Brady.. no one came close to touching him which is known as the blueprint to beat him. We let them march down the field and take the game back.

Sanchez does make retarded mistakes though..not throwing the ball away. not seeing open players, holding the ball way too long and never feeling pressure or holding on to the ball. He had a good game but as a QB (especially one that fumbled the ball away to lose the game) the game is going to fall on you.

Stephen Hill still catches the ball with his body!!????? If he had better fundamentals than a 6 year old girl he would have caught that ball and we would have won the game. That sucks.. and Sanchez is going lose a little faith in him.

We should have won that game but we didn't..it feels like shit. that doesn't mean we write off Sanchez completely..lets see where the rest of the season goes and then make a decision at the end...stay tough everyone..it won't feel worse than this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.