Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not true, sanchez may have played the worst or close to it w/ Kolb last year but last I checked Sanchez didn't have a Larry Fitzgerald. Sanchez has had the most success outside of Brady and w/ comparable talent Sanchez would easily be #2 on this list until Ryan Tannehill proves he can win in this league- which may happen as soon as this year.

Matt Moore is a "great" QB for losing teams, ask him to win meaningful games and he's terrible. Kevin Kolb has never done anything in this league.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

if you cant see how thats just a cheap shot at sanchez then i dont konw what to tell you

5th? there are only 3 other starting qbs...

5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I definitely agree on Kolb. Due to his injuries, he's been trending downwards and we still don't know if he was anything special before that. Moore's career is more a flatline and his play is consistent. It's hard to argue that he's not at least as good, if not better, than Sanchez is right now -- we just don't know what we're going to get out of our QB this year.

Hopefully, if Sanchez wins the competition, he proves the analysts wrong. It'll be his last chance.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well, in January,,,we can assess how right the "journalist" was...i would say, lets remove Brady from the equation....hes got the rings.

On that list, who is the most accomplished QB?

Kolb, on his third team.

Matt Moore is hot garbage.

Tannehill..maybe..maybe not...did he get to the AFCCG in his rookie year?

Ummm No.

This article, is another example of sports writers ignoring facts, to pimp every team not named NY.

Brady, has earned his stripes. But so has Sanchez, if you are taking into account kast years injury plagued season, hes done far more than anyone on that list.

Fact, not apology.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The game athletically and speed wise is completely different now, much more enhanced. But the rules now let you get away with a lot less physically and athletically.

Guys were smaller back then but they took more legal beatings and hits than the players do today. But the hit todays that are legal are less but more likely harder and faster than the ones back then

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

That list is clearly a cheap-shot at Sanchez. Having said
    that, every quarterback on that list not named Brady, is either,
    unproductive, or unproven.

9. Hobbes3259

Laxative, we arent arguing starts. But hey..,if you wish to make the argument that holmes, Hill, and Keller did not miss significant time, or.,,that week week one the 41 points Sanchez put up was a fluke, thats cool. But.., do you really mean to assert that the skill positions were not decimated by injury last year? Really?

10. nyjunc

I think it's more about the "what have you done for me lately" mentality of the media which transfers over to the average fan. We all know Mark was horrible last year, the lazy media and average fans don't see the circumstances like they should.

11. nyjunc

To be fair the O "only" scored 34 pts week 1 but could have scored 50 if they didn't shut it down the last qtr and a half when the game was over.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Only Sanchez homers disagree with that list. All other football fans agree with it.

13. Hobbes3259

And the turd jumps back into the punchbowl.

14. Hobbes3259

Yes, youre correct.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Outside of Brady, I don't think anybody in the league would look forward to starting any QB on that list (except for maybe Jacksonville).

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The difference between Sanchez, Moore and Kolb thus far is that Sanchez was a very high draft pick and has had a full opportunity to show his worth. He's failed to make much of that.

Any average QB gets the Jets to the AFC Championship game both years they went. A good one goes to the Super Bowl. Put Matt Moore on those teams and he's Dilfering in the aisles.

17. nyjunc

How come a 3 time NFL MVP and future HOFer w/ a similar roster in 2008 couldn't even get us to the playoffs w/ an easier sched and no Tom Brady to deal with?

Put Matt Moore on our '09 or '10 teams and we don't even make the playoffs. Matt Moore is "good" on bad teams, as him to win meaningful games and he can't do it.

I thought you knew the game better than this.

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The list should read:

1 Tom Brady
    2 Ryan Tannehill
    3 Kevin Kolb
    4 Matt Moore
    5. T. Jackson
    6. R. Mallet
    7. D, Garrard
    8 & 9 Whomever the Blls and Jets draft at QB in this years draft.
    10. McElroy & Sanchez

No way Sanchez is the 5th best QB in the division. He is not even close to 5th. There are very few teams in this league he could even compete to be the 2nd QB. There is not a player in the top 9 that any team would not take instead of Sanchez regardless of salary.

#6678 Noam, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  19. laxin

laxin Active Member

The immaturity is strong with this one...

Im not arguing that Holmes and Keller did not miss significant time. Im arguing that the players you continue to name did not play a significant amount of time like you are saying. Its clear that they didnt play that much, yet you try to continue to use their names as support to your weak argument.

Oh, and yes, week 1 was clearly a fluke. Did it ever repeat itself, or Sanchez ever repeat his performance? No, because it was a fluke (assuming you actually know what the definition of fluke actually is) and it was against a bad defense with an even worse game plan.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I'd put Sanchez at 3rd in a list of 4 (unfair to judge Tannehill after only 1 year) with a "versus Brady index" for relative purposes:

Brady: 100.0
    Moore: 74.5
    Sanchez: 73.0
    Kolb: 66.0
    Tannehill: INC.

#6680 joe, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.