Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that team had lost 5 of their previous 6 including getting smoked at home a week earlier to a bad Skins team. They were not a confident bunch, we had controlled play the entire 1st half. We only had a 4 pt lead but we had controlled play and momentum was on our side. If we hold them on 3rd and 10 from their 1 we get the ball near midfield where at worst we are likely up 10-3. The 99 yd TD changed their season, I have unfortunately had the opportunity to talk to numerous giant players about this play and they all point to that play as the turning point in their run that year.

There are TDs allowed then there are 99 yd momentum/game/season changing TDs.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh you mean like the Jacoby Jones TD with 42 second left to tie the game? You blame Peyton Manning for not being clutch and choking that loss away right?

Hypocrite.

I'm done with you. You're an unreasonable person who just likes to argue stupid, inconsistent points of view. Enjoy.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cmon dont be a defense apologist. Tebows Run iced that game.

The cruz 99 yard cartch was the game changed.

As was the 94 yard TD run in Tenn. those arent, plays the defense gave up. Revis giving the insde Slant to Stevie Johnson on a 7 yard play, is a play the defense gave up.

Giving up the whole field, is a back breaker.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, had Mark Sanchez and the offense helped the D out just a little bit early in Pitt in '10 (by keeping the ball longer, not giving away a TD, or GASP! by actually scoring themselves) then I think the Jets D would've been talked about like those teams.

They got caught off guard early in that game by Pittsburgh's physicality (happens to a lot of teams), but they recovered... I think they were still feeling the effects of trying to stop their 3rd top team in a row on the road. Which is a very under-talked about, difficult task!!

Even if, at the bare minimum, Sanchez and the offense doesn't have that fumble return for a TD and gets a TD themselves (Which shouldn't REALLY be too much to ask for) and the game is 17-10 pittsburgh at the half- I think the Jets win that football game. 24-3 is just too much to recover from.

Then you have a defense that shut down Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, 3 Hall of Fame Quarterbacks in consecutive weeks - ON THE ROAD!

Who knows what happens in that SB with Green Bay, but that run would've been talked about with the Bears, Baltimore, TB runs for sure... all they needed was a little help early and they couldn't get it. (in fact they got the opposite)

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So? The defense shouldnt have to be perfect all day to win. With Sanchez, it has to be.

And my question remains: where was the clutchness during the TEN game with the season on the line?

6. Hobbes3259

Call it what you will. But opening day, its Number 6.

And its a faiir bet that he can put together a decent season, under a decent coach.

7. nyjunc

Yeah same thing, mark was handed 14 pts by his STs and had multiple chances needing one score to win the game. The situations were exactly alike:rofl:

I love when people don't have points and instea dof actually countering have to make a spectacle of themselves to avoid the fact that they don't have a point. If you don't want to get involved in discussions w/ me then don't, it's your loss not mine but we don't need a proclamation- just do it.

After Pitt came out and had a NINE minute TD drive to open the game our offense did hold the ball for 4 minutes, ran 7 plays and had 3 plays nullified by a penalty so we didn't go 3 and out or give the ball right back to Pitt. Our O gave the D a nice breather and a chance to stabilize the game.

The O got us back w/in 5 pts, w/in 1 possession and we needed the D to make ONE stop. They even could have allowed 1 1st down but 2 would end it and what did they do? they allowed 2 and for Pitt to run out the clock but that was the fault of the O just like Pitt controlling the clock and going up 17-0 in the 1st half.

They recovered? while Pitt played conservative they recovered, then when we needed a stop more than ever they failed.

If we don't have that fumble return(he was blindsided immediately but for some reason it was Mark's fault, he was also throwing the ball and it should have been incomplete) Pitt gets the ball up 17-0 w/ great FP to end the 1st half. We are likely down 20-0 instead of 24-3 which is virtually the same deficit. We lost b/c w/ plenty of time late in the game the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

In 11 playoff losses Peyton manning has led his O to an average of 14.8 PPG, we allowed 16 so I wouldn't say we shut him down.

The D was outstanding at NE, really only let up 14 pts as the last TD was in garbage time.

Ben didn't have great #s but they didn't shut him down, he made plays to help them get out to the big lead then sealed it on the last drive.

The D had a chance but failed to show up in the title game. The difference btw NYGs '07 & '11 runs and our '09 & '10 runs was their D played big time D in the title games, ours did not.

8. nyjunc

you don't have to be perfect to hold a QB who can't throw to at least a FG when he gets the ball at his 5 w/ a few mins left in the game.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The one in triple coverage was definitely a product of the QB. There were at least 4 games this year that we lost directly because of Sanchez before Tennessee.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The defense didn't give up against Tennessee. We had four turnovers that game. FOUR. The fact that we were in a position to win either says something about our defense or says how awful Tennessee is. Tennessee scored zero points off of our turnovers.

A good offense should be able to put up 2 touchdowns with ease. A good quaterback should not be throwing interceptions like he's working for Vegas. Plain and simple. Your boyfriend blew it.

11. BrowningNagle

No - the difference is the Giants had great QB play and the Jets did not. That's why currently the debate over Eli Manning is whether or not he is a Hall of Famer and the debate over Sanchez is whether or not he belongs in the league and if the Jets can cut him sooner rather than later...

The Jets D was outstanding in every single playoff game the Jets won in 09 and 10. The only losses occurred when they weren't "outstanding".

Considering all of those games were on the road against top competition - I'd say that's the definition of having a tremendous defense that carried the team. I think most would agree with me, but somehow you like to argue that Mark Sanchez was the reason they won..

Considering you have such shamefully wrong opinions on the Manning brothers, I think it's safe to consider you wrong here too. Have you ever thought that maybe the rest of the world isn't wrong, but maybe you, yourself have no idea how to judge play at the QB position?

12. Hobbes3259

Would you care to check the receiving stats from that game?

13. BrowningNagle

Not that it matters - but the offense had 5 turnovers that game. 4 Sanchez INTs and one fumble.

Nobody would argue that game falling on the defense unless they are trolling. I'd say it's not worth your time to argue that particular game with Hobbes because he's obviously trolling.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So when he cant get it done its everyone else, but when the plays are made its Sanchez's clutchness? Understood.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That was the first TD the D gave up that day. They were perfect until then.

Denvers other TD came off an AWFUL Nacho pick six.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

My gf bought me two jersey's...Sanchez and Revis.

It is going to be a pity and a waste when I have to get rid of them. :(

17. nyjunc

Really? Is that why in both title games TOs set up the "great" Eli Manning in FG range to win it? at SF he threw TWO balls up for grabs where the passes were so bad both times 2 SF DBs collided and the ball fell incomplete but that was great QB play!

The difference was the defenses. The NYG D held the GB O down then in OT picked off favre and set up Eli and the NYG O in FG range. In SF Eli led the Giants to 10 pts in the last 3 qtrs of the game- BOTH scores were set up by fumbles. The first was recovered at SF 29, the 2nd in OT was recovered at the SF 24.

The Jets D was outstanding in the playoff wins and in order to keep winning they would have had to keep playing outstanding just like the Giant D but unlike the NYG D our D folded in the title games.

I don't argue Mark Sanchez was the reason they won, never have. I love how you guys need to make things up.

Peyton is a choker, how am I wrong? Eli is not elite(though he is the opposite of Peyton in January). I'm right on the 2 of them, I'm right on Sanchez, I'm right on 90% of what I discuss on these boards- thanks for asking.

18. nyjunc

That's great but when the game was on the line what did they do? THEY FOLDED like they have so many times before.

Our O sucked, we had Jeremy kerley as our #1 WR most of the year, Chaz Schilen started multiple games, Clyde Gates got extended playing time. We needed the D to win games, the O gave us leads multiple times, the D gave it right back each time.

NO ONE is saying it's all the D's fault, the O obviously was a major contributor but they weren't solely responsible like you guys try to pretend they and Sanchez were.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Those are the only 2 I have left from this current team. Hopefully I don't have to get rid of both! I still think deep down inside, that we will end up keeping Revis.

#6219 Barcs, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  20. BrowningNagle

I think this says it all Junc, unbelieveable, but thank you.

That quote is a perfect representation of both your cognitive (in)ability to analyze football and your arrogant, stubborn manner of displaying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.