Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You didn't come close to answering the question, but I understand why. I made my point. The only thing you can do is dodge it.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oakland Raiders before Carson Palmer started 4-3.
    Oakland Raider after Carson Palmer started 4-5.

Carson Palmer joined the team in the middle of the season with no training camp or time to learn the playbook, he did it on the fly. Do you forget that whole thing, or is the NFL the video game Madden in your brain? Just plug players in and nothing changes except that player? Funny how for Sanchez you list everything going around him and the team, but for Palmer you don't address he was traded mid season to a new team with no time to learn the playbook or TC. Gotta be fair and address both circumstances fully, not gloss over one and meticulously pick apart the other one.

What is "much worse" to you?

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

How come you use wins as a QB stat but not these stats that are more directly linked to a QB? You never explained how Wins is not a meaningless stat, but comp %, yards, TD, INTS, INT % are? Again, QB stats take into account mainly the QB but has the offense around him. Wins take into the whole team around him. 1 out of 11 players vs 1 out of 53 players.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

as bad as Sanchez was this year he's still come through more than Palmer. One time Palmer has brought his team back and that was down 10 early in the 4th vs. an awful Jacksonville team. Sanchez has done it 3 times(Buf, at Was, at Mia).

some highlights from 2011:

3 TDs by midway through the 3rd at Den, Oak had 24-17 lead. Rest of game? INT to set up Den TD to make it 27-24 Den, 3 and out, 3 and out, punt returned for TD 34-24 Den, turn over on downs. Clutch! also threw 3 INts for game.

at Miami trailing 34-0 throws 2 4th qtr TDs. Impressive!

46-16 loss to GB, throws TD down 46-9.

up 27-14 after Oak fumble return for TD, lose 28-27

2012:
    down 22-6 late vs. SD throws TD.

down 28-10 to TB, throws 3 TDs in 42-32 loss. Great fantasy #s though!

55-20 loss to Bal, had a huge TD down 34-10!

38-17 loss to NO. another huge TD pass trailing 38-10 late

trailing 24-3 to Cincy throws another big TD. This guy is good!

trailing 20-10 to the mighty browns throws clutch TD to pull them w/in 3 w/ 6 seconds to play

Down 26-7 in the 4th vs. den, throws another clutch TD w/ less than 6 mins to play.

I change my mind, this guy is damn good. We should sign him at any cost.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im assuming you havent seen the team around him... Please name me 5 quality players currently on the team. Its THE least talented roster in the NFL.

6. nyjunc

We both know the answer(at least I think you do, I should say I HOPE you do), I am not wasting my time looking up old info I have already posted. if you want to find it do a search.

4-3 isn't better than 4-5? and they were 4-2 w/ Campbell.

Oakland gave up 2 1st rd picks for him so they thought he was capable. It wasn't an ideal situation but w/ isn't it interesting how Cincy got better after he left and oak got worse after they got him? he had a full training camp in 2012, right? he led them to 4 wins.

Palmer didn't have the issues Sanchez had and played in a horrible division in 2011.

The game is about winning, the QBs job is to win above all else. if a guy puts up horrible #s and helps his team win that is better than a guy putting up "great" #s and not helping his team win.

Carson Palmer doesn't put up #s or win

7. nyjunc

I saw that team beat us in 2011, they looked pretty damn good that day. McFadden did get hurt which hurt them but they still had more offensive talent than we had in 2012.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I think junc must be the one that invented ESPN's Total QBR. If the team wins then the QB must have played well

9. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Good.. We're screwed either way, get his mopey face and history of failure out of here. He can serve no purpose holding a clipboard. The fans would tear him apart if he played. And he is easy to tear apart

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am willing to bet that carson palmers problems last year can be blamed on the defense. its gotta be them.

oh and the bad wrs... and terrible coaching.

and al davis ghost.

those pesky stats, ltjf thank you for putting it much better than i could to nyjunc, i have come to the point where i have trouble putting together posts like that towards him.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

You seem to have this fascination with QB's who can win in "big spots" and have come back drives or games. Its truly amazing... you know, since Mark Sanchez has been one of the worst QBs in that sense in the last 2 years.

Yeah, 3 years ago Mark lead some game winning drives and showed up in a few big games. Its obvious, that those games have won your heart. The reality of the situation though, is that those games are few and far between at this point.

You also seem to dismiss the fact that some QBs dont have to lead their teams back from deficits because they already have the lead. Maybe if Mark didnt throw and interception there or fumble the ball here, we wouldnt have needed a heroic come back. Other QBs can still be great without having to lead those heroic comes backs. Like Michael Crabtree said, I would rather have the game buried away at the half.

If Mark still had that "gamer" attitude and role, there would still be hope surrounding him. Within the last two years, he has lost his MO. He seems to have lost his leadership abilities and the competitive nature that many loved about him back in his 1st two seasons. In NY, Im not sure if its possible to regain that back. He may clean up some of his footwork, and maybe his mechanics with better coaching, but I have a hard time believing that the mental aspect will come back, and be even better.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

Who was he throwing to? His best receiver was a 5th round rookie. But like I said, if u can, name 5 quality players on he Raiders.

Its pretty hard. It just shows how bad the team around him is and was. It hasnt gotten much worse from a talent perspective either.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Raiders last season had more play-makers than the Jets - McFadden, Brandon Myers, and Denarius Moore. DHB still had like 5 TDs - that's prob better than our Clyde Gates lol ... McFadden sucked because they ran a zone-blocking scheme and he doesn't fit well. I didn't fit Holmes and Keller into the equation because they were injured all year. If everyone was fully healthy, the Jets would have better weapons I guess. McFadden is a beast when healthy.

Right now however, the Raiders look worse than the Jets...

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This sounds like the Jets, except the Ghost of Joe Namath with semi-decent knees lives in the SB3 VLT.

15. feldspar

feldspar Member

LOL, it's amazing to me that you side-step the whole point. Let me spell it out for you again.

You say this:

"you guys give credit to the team when he wins, and blame the QB when they lose."

OK?

Then, in the next breath, you turn around and say that Sanchez led the team to six wins last year. You include the Arizona game in there, where Mark Sanchez was an enormous liability until he was benched.

Don't know what anybody else did in the history of mankind has to do with this.

Apparently, you like to credit SANCHEZ winning games as long as he played in them.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....
    Meet Hobbes, he is in love with Mark Sanchez and not a big fan of logic, reasoning and anyone who might critique the subject of his wet dreams.

17. feldspar

feldspar Member

What's the Left Guard's job?

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Leave your mom out of this.

Ive been crtical of Sanchez, ive merely pointed out that ...mitigating circumstances dictate further observation, like that neat trick with the tongue over the lower teeth...

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Oh, not at all. He playednat times, so badly....its amazing we got past 4.

My main argument is to last years injuries,schottys incompetence and AFTER HE WASALLEGEDLY mentally shot, he stepped up on a big spot little time leftj left after being benched, and made a money play.

Mentally shot guys dont.

Look, if you contend someone woukd have been good last year with that rash of injuries cool.

Or if you think Schotty is a good OC.,,cool.

Otherwise the guy deserves this shot.

#6059 Hobbes3259, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. feldspar

feldspar Member

Wow...just wow.

You've managed to side-step my ONLY point for the second time, even though I could not have been more clear about what that point is. It's like talking to a brick wall.

We'll try this again.

You said this to Jets fans: "you guys give credit to the team when Sanchez wins, and blame the QB when they lose."

Then you mindlessly give Sanchez credit for the Cardinals win, something he had absolutely nothing to do with.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? Because it's a very important point.

Please, just say something that demonstrates that you recognize what my point is. It's not very difficult to grasp what I said.

I would elaborate why I think this is an important point, but we would like to keep you on point here. Paraphrase what you think my point is...

#6060 feldspar, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.