Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude,keller missed HALF a season, Hill a third, and while Keller was out, Cumberland missed a couple games. Holmes missed twelve.

At least check your fcts before spouting crap.

And before revealing you dont know shit about football..try grasping a clue. The y,z, and skot guys all function UNDERNEATH. Hill was put in olace to push coverage over the top.Get it?

#5941 Hobbes3259, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hobbes I fully understand that you are in sanchezs corner,,,,but are you saying that had everyone been healthy and not one single injury and that if all was fine in the world that I would not have witnessed Sanchez double and triple pumping and throwing into triple coverage ?

3. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

This thread will have no end! Multiple sides locked in a deadly trench war, slugging it out in a brutal stalemate. A lot of you are making great points. I don't think it's as simple as "He's right, and that guy's wrong!"

This thread is great for passing time during boring office meetings!

4. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Nicely put!

5. Hobbes3259

Yes, currently the staff likes Cumberland, and Smith at TE.

Holnes,myou are correct, is a question mark,

Hill, is a year less green. I noticed, in finding your cute gif, you also overlooked Kerleys accelerated curve with Sanchez after last year. And the fact that Edwards will probably be back.

That means, left to right, hill, kerley, smith, cumberland,holmes, and or Edwards.

All of whom have a level of chemistry with Sanchez,

Now, in the backfield..we signed goodson, while keeping powell, and McKnight.

And i didnt even get to practice squad or developmental players.

Mr.Pot.

6. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

That recieving group is gonna scare the hell out of teams this year!

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hill played 11 games
    keller played 8 and IS NO LONGER HERE SO HE WILL MISS 16 THIS YEAR
    cumberland played in 15 games last year
    holmes played in 4 as i stated before....
    kerley played in all 16 games last year.

so there were "weapons" who werent weapons in many many of the games last year.

hill played in 11 games, so did he play well and open up the underneath for keller and cumberland and kerley or did he not? or did sanchez just suck?

you cant have it both ways, things dont work that way. either sanchez had no weapons and we need some weapons or sanchez sucked and we have the weapons we need.

make up your mind and let me know what your final answer is.

8. Penning10

Penning10 Member

Umm..I disagree. We did have it both ways...underwhelming supporting cast and an awful Sanchez...it wasn't just one or the other.

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

One group says nacho sucks. The other group says Nacho sucked because of his internal locus of control, er uh I mean teammates and coaches.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I've said this before, but I think it's worth repeating. Sometimes the answer not one or the other, it's that both stunk and helped create a bad team last year.

12. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Let me get this straight. I read:

question mark
    less green
    probably

That is your defense of your definitive statement that we don't need any weapons?

Kerley, Powell and McKnight were all on the team last year and you said we sucked because we didn't have weapons. Replacing Green with Goodson can not be counted as an upgrade to the offense. Keller is gone, Holmes is coming off an injury, Hill is still very raw. Then you want to talk about practice squad and developmental players?

None of that translates to not needing any weapons. It is wishful thinking.

Apparently not as much as you think. ^

#5952 Testaverde, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am talking about the supporting cast only. was the supporting cast underwhelming? ok then the team needs to address the issue and bring in guys to make the supporting cast better.

hobbes has stated here that mark sanchez failures were due to the supporting cast being terrible and the jets not having any weapons.

he then said in another thread that the team does not need to bring in any weapons.

14. drs23

drs23 New Member

Gang Green Nation,

Texan fan here. Not intending to hijack this thread though it seems kinda all over the place so I'll post this here.

I'm mocking for the Jets on my home MB so I've been researching you guys draft needs for several days. It looks like laxin has pretty much nailed it from what I can gather. It looks safe to predict that I can take Dion Jordan in the first. He's the highest rated OLB on my board. If he's not there I'm looking at Ziggy Ansah, though I'm really tempted to snag Chance Warmack since I think the OL is one of the main reasons that Sanchez shit the bed last season.

After that I'm looking to go BPA at FS/SS, TE, WR and hoping one of the feature backs fall to me in the third.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks...

#5954 drs23, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^The OL wasn't one of the main reasons Sanchez shit the bed last season, but I'd still be fine with Warmack as we are thin at the position.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

You should check out the draft section, its pretty active and has informed posters for the most part.

I do think Dion Jordan is a very good choice at 9. With Jarvis Jones being cleared medically (and Im assuming the reports that say the initial spinal stenosis was wrong, is in fact correct), he would definitely be a top my list with Jordan. After them two, I would look at Warmack and Moore.

If Geno fell to 9 though, I would probably take a chance on him though simply due to the fact that QB is such a need and the biggest position in all of sports. Also, in round 1 I would stay away from Mingo.

As for the rest of the draft, I would try and focus on bringing in offensive talent. In rounds 2-4, thats the real strength for offense in this draft. Gio Bernard or Lacy would be my favorite picks in the 2nd. WR, TE, RB and OL could all be upgraded. Safety as well assuming its BPA. Some of my favorite names for the Jets are Patton, Wheaton, Hopkins, Gio, Lacy, Franklin, Kelce, Escobar, Long, DJ Swearinger... QB is a tough position to judge this year. Nassib would be a good fit in the 2nd. EJ Manuel intrigues me in the 2nd as well...

Back to Sanchez.

17. Hobbes3259

At 9, despite Laxative trying to take a guard or a shittyQB way too high.,,Jordan,Jones,Ansah,Floyd are the likely choices.

Imo the order is also correct, because we have three picks on the DL,

The new OC will correct Sanchez..making the front 7 more muscular, amd faster gets him the ball more often, and keeps them off the field...over the last four years.,,theyve never had juice left late.

#5957 Hobbes3259, Mar 25, 2013
  18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets need OL because Moore could not be resigned due to his age and FA status, and Slauson is gone because Tanny and the FO F'd up his deal, not because the OL was awful in 12. They were not.

I say go OG in the first or second rounds this year. Skill positions will have to wait. Safety and perhaps LB are the other top needs this draft. After the recent cuts the Jets at LB after Harris might get decent play out of leftovers from last years squad from some of Davis, McIntyre and Mauga, but problaby not all three. But Safety might be even a bigger need. Probalby is.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ the coaches "like" shitty tight ends. I just love when people back up their own opinion with coachspeak or what "is" and then end up looking dumb when better players are acquired.

20. Hobbes3259

Who won last years Hampton award, which is voted on by the staff, and previous winners, like Revis,... Yeah hes shitty, hes 27, played pro rugby...college basketball, and survivedd a year in the NFL, seeing action in the last quarter of the season, then given the award, by the staff, and previous winning teammates.
    If hes earned their respect, then i will acquiesce to their judgement,its never possible to tell till the guy lines up...but being insulted by a fan of a team that thought Chad Henne was the answer, and whose GM is trying to keep Al Davis' memory alive going profligate, is ludicrous.

To be fair, the odds are against him...but. Phag fan...write it down now, keller and wallace will be bigger busts.

The jets have nothing but time invested in smith.

Youve got SEVENTEEN MILLION in Keller and wallace, and youre here kvetching anout Hayden smith?

Man it must be that depressing to be a Phags Phan.

#5960 Hobbes3259, Mar 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.