Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Brad,

As far as McElroy is concerned, I feel like I have made my points and do not want to be a broken record. I have heard your arguments and those of others. The fact is you do not know he is bad, but are in effect taking the Jets not playing him as proof that he is not any good. I can't make that connection/asumption, in large part because I have no faith in their judgment and am near certain there are other agendas at work. But enough about that.

But.. in the quote above, I fear you have once again jumped the shark here. You in effect are saying they are playing Sanchez as some kind of conspiracy to take the focus off other problems with the team?

Uh, that's a stretch. Among other things.

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

The only conspiracy is that Rex refuses to bench Sanchez out of some sort of blind loyalty or CYA type move that would expose picking Sanchez as a mistake.

Do you think that the coaches don't know what McElroy or Tebow are capable of? Do you think they are entirely ignorant about our pathetic run game, porous line, and scrub receivers?

It's not necessarily to take the focus off of the other problems. Like Rex said, Sanchez gives us the best chance to win. As bad as this offense is, we don't need to downgrade at QB.

If we're going to talk conspiracies, maybe we should question why the Jets were given the most front-loaded schedule of any team in the league after trading for the most popular back up QB in NFL history.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

As I said chance. Chance is the key word. Chance cannot make up for crappy scouting and poor talent evaluation. I'm sure if you look back at the drafts from 2000 to 2010 there are more successful players who were picked from 1-10 than from 11-20 or 21 to 32.

#3223 LeonNYJ, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. socaljetfan

At 9-7, we have a better chance at winning a play-off game than we have of drafting an impact player at 6-10.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Again, I have no confidence in what the coaches are capable of, whether assessing their own players or really much of anything at this point. Ryan after all said this was the best team he's ever been associated with before the season began.

The CYA move is an entirely reasonable theory. But I don't want to only focus on McElroy. I just want to make sure he's not the answer before I spend the next several months talking about how the Jets should replace Sanchez with Kyle Orton.

Assuming it's not McElroy, of course.

Heh.

6. LeonNYJ

I want them to go 4-12, but do you actually think that they're going to run the table with this team? And if they do, they may not even make the playoffs. Steelers have the tie-breaker over the Jets no matter what. So if the Steelers go 3-2 then the Jets have no shot for that spot.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Not if more than one team goes 9-7.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and I would be willing to bet the complete opposite. point is both of our positions are simply speculation, but the odds are in greater favor of my position.

the question becomes do either of us know enough about all the players in the NFL to make that judgement?

9. socaljetfan

No, I don't expect them to win every remaining game. I don't believe you expect them to lose every game either.

Obviously, I want this team to win as many games as possible. I think going 9-7 without Holmes and Revis would be a pretty good statement to the league and I think we've seen enough that the front office know that massive changes need to be made.

I think 7-9 will end up happening realistically.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

When Sanchez took that shot from Moores left cheek it looked like he took 2 shots from the sniper in the grassy nole

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I finally got the courage to watch Ass Fumble. I have now watched it about 30 times. I still do not know what the hell was going on there. Did he close his eyes and run? Because otherwise he ran in a straight line to Moore's ass. Either that or he really wanted to give Moore a rim job.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I actually thought it was a great place to hide...

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You're missing a few of HUGE aspects that are different between the 2006-07 Giants and the 2011-12 Jets. First, the front office wasn't a joke like this one is. They never lost control of the team, there was never chaos, and when chaos started to try and crop up, they dealt with it. Second, the Giants had a lot of talent on that roster, the Jets have been in a downward spiral for a couple of years as far as talent goes. Third and foremost, the Giants are able to overcome injuries, they are able to plug players into holes that are left by those injuries and they draft WISELY by building the core, not going after big names like the Jets do.

I hate the Giants, I bleed green and have for 32 years - but the comparison between the Jets now and the Giants in 2007 have to stop. They have no basis in reality other than a struggling 4th year QB.

14. The_Darksider

I'm still waiting for the solid draft picks. Wilkerson may be the only one. Keller is jello-solid, not solid. And Kerley has some potential. Not a single guy on that list is unequivocally good.

#3234 The_Darksider, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  15. The_Darksider

Yeah, great comparison. Brady was practically unknown, didn't have a cult following, and hadn't played misleadingly well for a team the year before.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Listening to Collingsworth analyze that play, you would think that Wilfork lifted up Moore and hurled him into Sanchez's face. I heard Moore was pissed about that and I don't blame him. I've watched that play about 20 times and there was no way Moore was manhandled the way Collingsworth described it. That fumble was 100% on Sanchez

17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Collingsworth described it that way because he couldn't believe someone would run like that right in to his own lineman and not be watching where he was going.

But that play does hightlight Sanchez's biggest issue, of a lot of issues, he panics and loses his focus.

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]BZmOfkC9sjs[/YOUTUBE]

I hope that you can all take some humor out of this like I did. Don't take this as me not being pissed about the team either. I still do not know where the fuck Sanchez was looking, where the fuck he was planning on running, how he actually collided with Moore's ass (Moore is not that much taller than him), and how the hell did he manage fumbling on the play either.

19. LeonNYJ

Francesa was right about one thing. If you watch a play like that days later and it's still funny, it's a classic that people will remember for a long time.

20. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

1. I'm pretty sure the Butt Fumble established joke status.

2. It's really just ignorant to say starting Tebow will make you lose the respect of other players, coaches, and teams. Unless you actually work in the NFL, you don't know what players and coaches are respected. I also think Denver was respected WITH Tebow for turning their season around, making the playoffs, and winning an upset game in the wildcard round. And the last time I checked, it was points and victories that mattered, not "respect"

Hell, the team I love is lead by a QB that will never be given his due (for long). I'm pretty sure those championships he won still count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.