Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BleednGreen247

/thread ended on first post :rofl:

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Seeing the Sanchez apologists squirm is so enjoyable.

Unfortunately, him remaining the starting QB will never result in a championship for the New York Jets.

One day we'll be free.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They fucked him up. Picking him too high was part of the problem. Throwing him on the field right away was part of the problem. Allowing the talent around him to decline was part of the problem.

Hell, giving him the extension and then trading for Tebow was part of the problem. It's just been an all-around mess that gave us a few thrills but is going to cost us heavily now for several years.

I suspect Woody is going to view the entire stretch from 2008 to 2012 as a horrible boondoggle that cost him millions when he finally adds it all up. What he does then is anybody's guess.

Stafford is the wrong comparison. Freeman is the guy the Jets could have had instead of Sanchez and without trading up. I don't know what the answer is there. Tampa Bay hasn't done much better by Freeman than the Jets did by Sanchez after 2010.

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yes, it definitely has to be be bad route running or something else because EVERY stat that goes against your savior must be wrong. Stats dont apply to someone like Sanchez. He is above them in a Sanchez lover's mind.

5. june19

june19 Active Member

really a bad pick,thats all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Normal QB rating is nice. Good indicator, slighty difficult since the highest score is a random number and decimal point. QBR was supposed to make it easier to judge QBS, where 50=average game. However, since ESPN won't release the formula it isn't very trustworthy. Basically imagine if QBR said Sanchez was the best QB in the league one week (it did, last week), wouldn't we want to know how it came up with that? We can't tell. It's a bad idea but it gives ESPN another thing to talk about. Think about it. They say Brady gets a 30 QBR for the Seatlle game, then they can spend 20 minutes going on how Brady played poorly because he had a 30 QBR. How did he get this QBR... ESPN assigned it to him.

Both. Sanchez wasn't NFL ready so we threw him the stating job, told him to play against how he played in college, and asked him to win a Super Bowl. Sanchez hasn't helped himself much when given opportunity, but the Jets haven't presented much opportunity.

You realized you just quoted a poster who said Sanchez was a top 30 QB as a Sanchez lover? So thinking Sanchez is one 6 worst starting QBs (since the options were 20,25,30) is a Sanchez lover :breakdance: hahahaha

Ever think there are multiple reasons why something can happen. Take the super bowl pass from Brady to butterfinger Welker. The throw was bad, but Welker put two hands on the ball. Welker should be expected to make that catch, especially with nobody around him, but it was a bad throw since he overthrew Welker with nobody around him. 2 things contributed to a bad play. 2 things! Not just one person on a 53 man roster.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

False. In the playoffs, Sanchez was the reason why the Jets were even close to the Steelers. The Jets defense completely collapsed in the first half.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We never had a true offensive mind on this squad - one that can take pieces and make it work. If we blow it up and the Chargers fire Norv, Norv Turner should be here as an Offensive Coordinator. Have him bring in a young QB coach that is hungry to succeed. Get a new GM (demote Tanny somehow) and give Sanchez another year. That year look for a new QB in the draft. It would be a slow process but Norv Turner is an excellent play-caller and he's got a strong offensive scheme, he's just a bad head coach I hope the Chargers accept that soon.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm glad the OP postes this article.

3 things stick out in this thread

#1) Ahhh, good ol' (or not) QBR. The rating ESPN is so ever desperately trying to push. QBR is a joke.

#2) This point:
    So how badly is Sanchez performing? Since the start of the 2008 season, no quarterback has cost his team more net points than Sanchez, if replaced by a league-average quarterback. Sanchez has been worth minus-75.0 points to the Jets over the course of his career -- ?worse than JaMarcus Russell, Derek Anderson, Jimmy Clausen, et al.

I stopped reading after this.

#3) Yup, ESPN still sucks.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I have 3 Jets QB jerseys: Namath, Pennington, and Tebow. Sanchez is not a QB worth pulling for because he is not a leader or a proficient player. I lived in denial for 3 years blaming Schotty for his eratic play, but I was wrong. Sanchez is just not cut out to be a NFL QB.

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Is there really a point to debating this anymore? Either you like him or you dont. However we got the fucking Patriots this weekend. I am not in a good mood after watch the panzi Yankees (Mets fans dont even comment because your team is the biggest joke in baseball), and I wanna see the Jets win by 50.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Funny how your list had to add "leader" there and you couldn't leave it at proficient player only.

Do you have Mangold's jersey or is he not cut out to be a center on this team?

13. feldspar

feldspar Member

I don't know how anybody could argue with this, which is probably why nobody even tried to. Some of the other posters with ridiculous arguments just seemed to ignore this.

14. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

What did the offense do in the first half besides give up points?

15. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

stats like QB and QBR are made up so couch potatoes who never played the game can follow and understand what's going on.

my eyes tell me all i need to kno

16. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

what did the d do but have some big fat ass nigga scramble every play for first downs

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but an overthrow/underthrow is only what it appears to be. If the receivers route is too shallow, but Sanchez pass is right where it is supposed to go, it will be an overthrow. If his route is too deep, and Sanchez pass is right where it is supposed to go, its an underthrow. Then of course, there is the pass that is what it appears to be, a receiver runs a good route, and the QB misses the throw.

Anybody should be able to conclude that working with a shitty corps to start with, would likely increase this stat. Then when you remove the 2 consistent pieces and have a revolving door in the WR/TE corps due to injuries over the first 6 weeks, is it any surprise Sanchez would be at or near the top of that list? Hell if you had told me he wasn't I would have been in total shock.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The stats aren't good. So any statistical argument why Sanchez has been an effective QB will fail because there aren't really any categories he's been even average at.

But you can't just say they all suck and they all lie because they're a reflection of what happens in the game. They can absolutely be misleading, but for the most part, the best quarterbacks have the best statistics (at least in some important categories) and the worst quarterbacks have the worst ones. That's not really debateable.

Sanchez has been durable, and he has won 4 road playoff games. The guy has always been someone who needed time to actually play and learn how to make reads. I don't think the issue was starting him from day one because he needed the experience. The issue is he hasn't shown significant progress learning from his experience.

I still think there's time for him for him to turn the corner and be a quarterback you can win with. I doubt he's a quarterback that can carry a team on his back, but I still think he can be solid.

The problem is the talent on offense has deteriorated each of the last two years, and Sanchez hasn't shown significant improvement. He improved from year one to year two, though year one was pretty awful. Year three, turnovers were up, but he produced more touchdowns and he produced in the red zone. Plus, the talent was bad.

He's not that good, but I still think it's too early to say he's not the answer. It's six games into a season that we're 3-3 in. It's not good, but it's not bad either. The offense is finally healthy now, minus Holmes of course, but I think Keller was a bigger loss since he and Mark are better in sync.

And of course he has more negative points for any of those QBs, he's played more than any of them.

Having a bad supporting cast has to do with some of these numbers lately, when he should be making his major strides. But Sanchez himself needs to improve. Give him a stable offensive cast and see how he does.

19. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Oh well, i had never seen bad stats on sanchez

now that you showed them i totally changed my mind

#319 Levenhagen, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  20. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

If I recall correctly - when ESPN came out with their own QBR it was supposed to account for a QBs impact on the game. That was the problem. Some analyst sits in a room watching the game and makes their own judgement that is weighted into the formula. I never trusted it. You might not like the NFL formula but it is the same it has been for years and is measurable. No one is tweaking it based on their opinion. Now maybe you trust ESPN to be objective since they have never been known to have an agenda. :)

I am not knocking the article but I would base the discussion on NFL stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.