Sanchez is clutch (plus other random musings)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Luckily, Miami has a 28th ranked pass defense.

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Humongous Rex is way hotter!

3. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

damn even i hadn't realized it's been that great

this is why i'm never afraid of the pats, just feel like we are always in those games and play them tough straight up

4. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

If Hill makes that catch in the 4th qtr, we win the game and Sanchez is a hero. People just need something to complain about because we lost.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The 6 fourth quarter comeback wins we had in 2010-2011 under him. The fact that we turned a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter into a tie game on our own 6 yard line by Sanchez going 10-12 on those two drives for 100+ yards. One of those incompletions being the Hill drop. Those two drives are before the ST forced a fumble for us to take an easy lead. I mean I thought that's slight clutch going 9/10 for 92 yards and a TD down 10 points on our own 6 yard line with the longest running play being McKnight for 4 yards. Then defense forced a 3 and out and he hits Keller for 21, we run twice and then hits Hill but its dropped. You sound like the guy that thinks Kobe is still clutch because he hit a late shot in a close game to take the lead. But the only reason the game was close was because Kobe took a 10 points lead and turned it into a tie game before finally saving it. The only reason Eli needed that throw yesterday was because he threw a pass straight to a LB after an RGIII turnover. His stats compared to Sanchez yesterday were very very similar. Except one played RGII and forced 3 turnovers, the other played Tom Brady.

You are wrong. Everything can fall on one person only. There are no variables or situations, everything falls on one player. :rolleyes:

6. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

This is pretty eye-opening. I think the perception of Sanchez as clutch stems from his elevated play in two postseason runs as well as some 4th quarter comebacks in 2010. I think his insane 3rd down percentage in his first game against Houston might help too.

I don't think he's clutch, I think he's streaky and can be very good when he's on. Yesterday wasn't an example of a clutch QB stepping it up in the 4th quarter and being let down by his defense. It was an example of a QB being "hot" and getting let down by his team. Sanchez is far from the only, or biggest, culprit here but I that notwithstanding, I don't think he's necessarily clutch.

7. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

so eli's not clutch either right, cause the same arguments apply

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

No, they don't apply. Eli's a 2time Super Bowl MVP. He's in a bad stretch of games right now, but he's shown he can do better and play at a top 5 level. Sanchez is a young QB that is pretty clearly regressing and (rightfully) has doubt circling his future with the club.

I know you rock a semi-chub for Sanchez at all times, but you need to get your eyes checked if Mark Sanchez is reminding you of Eli.

9. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sanchez has made some clutch plays, which are gradually fading into ancient history. We've all seen them. A lot of times, especially in the 2010 regular season, he's gotten the ball into his playmakers' hands (Holmes) on high percentage throws. People are disproportionately wowed by this. There were like 4 times where I'd give Holmes way more credit than Sanchez that year.

Look, the bar is set pretty low here. If what you expect out of your QB is to not make mistakes first and foremost, then the bar is set low. When the defense keeps you in games, that allows the QB and the offense more opportunities to pull one out. You cannot rely on those opportunities consistently being there in today's NFL. You are not being proactive if you do.

This Jets offense under Sanchez was never proactive, really. It's success was run and play defense, hang around, and hopefully be put into position at the end. Sanchez is not a proactive guy on the field. He's a game manager who relies on people around him more than a modern-day QB should. If the run game and defense don't pick up the slack, you have what you see today and last year.

It's all pretty simple.

10. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Again it amazes me that some of you actually thought this loser was any good. You really think everyone is wrong but het fans are right. I've never bought into this current group , Rex , Sancheeze and Tanny. Never! You guys need to stop being homers. Sancheeze is literally one of the worst QBs in the game and has been since he was drafted. He sucked with weapons , he sucked with a great oline , with shitty and this terrible oc. Wake the fuck up. He sux!!!

Clutch , you fuckin serious!?! The way we make fun of other QBs like Gabbert or Tebow. Well that's what everyone thinks of Sancheeze. Sad part is he's back next year starting. Were not even close to contending. We need help in almost every single area. It's a fuckin joke! And its starts with Rex , Sancheze and Tanny! Fire the big three now!!!

11. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The TD toss to Keller in the 4th was pretty clutch.

Greg McElroy must really be awful.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]8czruk1hrc8[/YOUTUBE]

Clutch fumble right there.

Yeah. He's so god damn clutch.