Sanchez interception today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Nov 27, 2011.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]
    Can we not exaggerate here? He's done it 3 times this season. 6 times in his career (48 games).
    You do recall that Florence didn't score on the play, right?

#201 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Exactly. He didn't see the corner underneath. Peripheral vision. Sometimes Chez makes some atrocious reads (see: the pick six @BAL, Sean Lee INT Week 1, vs NE, @DEN). Fuck, they've been back breakers. I think this one could be added to the list.

He's been fucked over by the OL this season, but he's contributed to the clusterfuck at times as well.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You could pretty much put the TD on the offense, though, because the Bills starting at the 10 yard line is unfair to pin on the D. Akin to a pick six.

Anyways, splittin' hairs. I should've said "turnover machine" instead. And alot of those turnovers result in 7 big ones for the opp. That can kill a team.

#203 Jake, Nov 30, 2011
  4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

As I was watching NFL replay last night, I realized that the 4th quarter in the Buffalo game wasn't nearly as flawless as Rex would have the rest of us believe. There was a point towards the middle of the 4th where he made another bonehead throw into traffic, to no less than 3 Bills DB's, way outside of the reach of the downfield receiver.

5. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

When you call the offensive coordinator a "pick six machine," that implicates more than one play. Blaming the OC for every bad decision that not one, but two quarterbacks have ever made is stupid.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

They're not all just bad decisions.

They're poor play design.

Like having Ole Noodle Arm routinely trying to throw outs that go back for 6.

That's called not adapting your playcalling to suit your players strengths and weaknesses,

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If you watch the video, Greene was actually still engaged in his block when sanchez first makes the decision to throw. The one still picture is a little deceptive because it's where Sanchez is already in his throwing motion.

The video also shows that you might be right that it was a bad read on Sanchez's part, and he might not have seen the Bill undercutting the ball for whatever reason. However on the NFLN last night, Sanchez said during the replay that he expected Santonio to sit down on the route, so it might have be partially a mix up between the two of them as well.

I'm not trying to absolve Sanchez of any responsibility here, but given the game situation (Down and Distance, location on the field, your players) they should have never called that play. Maybe Shotty needs one of those color coded wristbands that Sanchez wore in year one.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If that's the case: he didn't even use a second read, decided to throw into what he thought was triple coverage, turned out to be quadruple coverage.... That's an even more retarded decision than before. He's gotta start locating those DBs underneath!

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

FFS he didn't HAVE a second read.

10. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Is the second read Fireman Ed?

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

somebody should tell schotty you arent actually allowed to throw to the 12th man...

12. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Whatever! who cares! he was INTERCEPTED throwing into cuadruple coverage, he sucks! the fact that that was the only option he had or that it was almost impossible to get out of there alive doesn't matter... who cares if the pictures prove otherwise, I don't care whatever you say or whatever pics you show proving he was sent to the war with a slingshot instead of a proper arm, you won't change my mind!

/stubborn-blue-fonted-post

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

There was no second read, that is what I'm saying. When he made the decision to throw Greene was still engaged. Unless he was going to throw it at Greene's feet (probably a good idea) he wasn't going that way.

It's totally possible Sanchez made a bad decision, but that doesn't change the fact that the play sucked, and the game situation it was called in sucked even worse.

14. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

So lets see..options Sanchez had
    a) Try and run out of the endzone/ get out of the pocket, despite being surrounded by defenders. Risks include: safety, injury, ball getting stripped and recovered for a TD

b)Throw it away, get flagged for intentional grounding
    Risks: Almost guaranteed safety

c) Try and get the ball to his ONE(1) receiver that was running a route, despite coverage.
    Risks: Interception, Pick-6

So of all these very bad options Mark had he chose the one with the least amount of chance for disaster and the best chance of something good happening. The ball had a chance of being incomplete or caught for a first-down. The other two options both pointed to almost guaranteed safety or DTD.

This was simply shit play-calling, end of story

[​IMG]

#214 Dirty6Sanchez, Nov 30, 2011
  15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is a good mediation. I'm not absolving Schottenheimer's idiocy of fault at all. I'm saying Schottenheimer's idiocy doesn't give a QB a pass when he's making decisions like Chez made in this scenario.

16. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Schotty only gave him ONE CHOICE TO MAKE WITH THIS TERRIBLE PLAY.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

17. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Sometimes I find it easier to create some imaginary friends and try to explain them this difficult concepts. They usually understand them, which is less frustrating.

18. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

I don't think that would have been a pick if schotty atleast had a plan b screen after the play action or something besides the one receiver double covered with a safety undercutting. Sanchez makes his share of bad decisions but it was either force one in or give up two points.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene is the other option. Hasn't this been established?

Alright, you guys obviously don't see how this was a putrid read by Sanchez despite the predictably retarded play design ala Schittsnap. I'm done with it.

20. The Mak

The Mak New Member

When Sanchez dropped back, Shonn Greene was engaged in a block behind the goal line while Slauson pulled over to the right side to puck up the DE. The DE was making fast work of Slauson while Greene finally released from his block and barely got out of the end zone, 4 yards short of the line of scrimmage with the LB in his hip pocket not looking back in for a dumpoff. If Sanchez throws it at his feet at the point in the screencap it's intentional grounding since the ball never get back to the line of scrimmage and Sanchez is in the tackle box. Safety.

Get lost.