Sanchez Does Enough to Keep His Job

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 15, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how do we know? he was looking left for a long time so obviously the primary target was on the left so he didn't see when hill was open and the S wasn't far from Hill anyway.

midfield may be a stretch but him saying "my bad" doesn't prove a thing, he always takes responsibility no matter who makes the mistake. I credit Wilfork.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

OK. Credit anybody you want. After a while the results are going to add up though

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dink-dunking expert? Sounds to me like you didn't watch the game. Sanchez hardly threw any short passes, or if he did, he was ineffective at that.

Most of his completions were of the intermediate/longer crossing route variety. He actually could've looked at the dink-dunk short passes MORE than he did, or at least improved those throws. The 3rd and 1 incomplete short pass, on the 3rd quarter field goal drive, a couple overthrows on his short passes early in the game. Hell, on his INT, he had an absolutely WIDE open rb/te in the flat- he could've throw it underneath for big yardage.

He was the complete opposite of dink and dunk last night and he has pretty much been that way all season, ignoring/screwing up the short passes... Once again, you've proven you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they do, he wins much more often than he loses.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I just saw the video of the handoff (I was at the game yesterday and hadn't seen the replays). That is not on Sanchez. As Wilfork is completely blewing up the play Greene had to re-adjust his route and hit the ball with his top-hand.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Looked to me like the ball was slipping out of his hand as he was handing it off which was what led to the handoff being botched. The announcers said that too, not that that means anything, just saying.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

backup QB there is no way no how that tebow will start for the jets barring injury (even then it might not be Tebow) . its not going to happen. Tebow barely gets on the field and hardly ever when he really needs to.

From the jets' 20 yard line? direct snap up the middle

From the opponents 3 yard line needing 2 for a 1st on a 3rd down? slant pass to Schillenz.

The Jets coaching staff did not want Tebow and they have no plans for him.
    There is no other offense.
    There is no back up plan.
    He will never start even if Sanchez throws 20 straight INTs Sanchez would still take the field on the 21st drive.

He will continue to contribute quite a bit on special teams and is worth the 4th round pick but forget Tebow starting over Sanchez , IT IS NOT HAPPENING NOT EVER.

I am not saying it would not be a good decision to try something different but the truth is Tanebaum and Ryan have way too much invested in Sanchez anyway. Its sink or swim with him and I for one hope it is swim. The only thing worse than seeing Tebow not play when you know he could have helped turn some losses into wins is seeing the team that took him lose.

#87 CowboysFan, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. Potzer

Potzer New Member

There's truth here. It hurts, but its truth.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I believe that Sanchez this week had a chance to completely shut down the Tebow talk.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'll have to look at it again more later -- the Pixelation of the video may have distorted the view enough to look differently than it was --

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

U mad, bro?

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No not really, I really meant what I said. i have been saying it since the Steelers game. You really do not agree with it?

He does not need to shut anyone up about anything. Tannebaum is all in with Sanchez . As long as Tannebaum is GM Sanchez is QB as long as Ryan is coach, Sanchez is QB. Ryan has poured a lot of effort into Sanchez and has had great success with him, you cant take that away . A few bad games will not mean he is benched. A bad season will not mean that either. Sanchez is the starting QB of the NY jets as long as Ryan is head coach and Tannebaum, is GM. that is great that is fine. That does not mean you use Tebow so stupidly though.

I really think there is potential though to have been 5-2 instead of 3-4 or at least 4-3 leading the division (100% certain on the latter).

if Tebow gets the last drive against the Texans (this one is definitely arguable)
    if Tebow gets two QB dives at the 3rd and 2 form the 3.(this one is NOT arguable)

That is a big deal IMHO and a big missed chance. It does not mean Tebow should be the starter etc. but he could have helped.

#92 CowboysFan, Oct 22, 2012
  13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Predictable. You did not read one word I wrote, otherwise you would have noticed that I said Sanchez's job should be safe and that I don't think Tebow should have the job. BTW, I created this thread weeks ago, and you can clearly see by reading the thread title that I think Sanchez should keep his job. Which is also why the last sentence I wrote was...

You guys really try so hard to see the version of a Tebow fan that you want to see.

Lastly, Sanchez played well enough, but "great" is a stretch. You can't get an "A" on your report card if you fumble the ball on the possible game winning drive.

#93 Backup QB, Oct 22, 2012
  14. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

I wish the same. He was very dumb not going to Jacksonville if they really wanted him. New York is full of ignorant people.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Atheist Tebow Fan is a fuckin hilarious username. Looks like you fucked it up tho.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

No he wasn't, because if the truth be told the only reason Tebow wanted to come here is to get his face showen even more. Like him or hate Tebow is all about Tebow. Yeah he walks around and plays this Mr goody good guy, but Tebow just want to market him self. The was proven that he choose jets over jags.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

He would be the starter right now over Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne because the coach would have caved in because they are 1-5. Though I believe that it doesn't matter who QB that team they would still be picking top 5.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

BrowningNagle, you are really starting to annoy me. I am presently annoyed.

Or perhaps, it sounds like I watched the game, but interpreted the events differently than you did. I don't see how you would feel qualified to question my integrity, but so be it. I watched the game.

You speak to me as if we were familiar, when clearly we are not. In any case, I disagree with most of your viewpoints.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

By his own words, Tebow said he went to New York because it gave him a "bigger platform."

Take whatever meaning out of that you wish, but I tend to think his priorities aren't about becoming a better quarterback. If he wants to go build hospitals and preach, then that's fine. He should go do that. His name recognition is out there now as he is one of the more recognizable names on the planet right now.

I do think he gets a little too cute with the cameras though. He strikes me as one that kinda plays up that "humbleness" a bit much. Kinda strikes me as a phony when he does that. Remember when he went to that broadway show and had his picture taken with those skantily dressed women? nothing wrong with that, IMO, but his handlers had that pic yanked off the internet. That kinda bothered me. I realize he made a pretty good living off his squeaky clean image, but he really came across as a phony with that. Coverup is always worse than the crime, as they say.

He definately knows how to strike while the iron is hot though. Probably knows his NFL career as a starter will be short lived. Get the biggest platforms while he can. A+ capitalist.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He's a businessman like many athletes are now becoming. New York gives a better place than Jacksonville. I know a lot of fans who joined here during the trade tried to rationalize that somehow he had a better chance to start in NY than JAX, but it just wasn't true. His best chance of starting here was injury to Sanchez.