Sanchez = Clutch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That is true.

Only when they give an F- effort on offense do they lose. When the offense is an F-, the defense is an A on losses.

Pretty shocking.

I bet this team plays A+ football in January. They are just saving the best for last.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Agreed. They haven't played 60 Minutes of great football to the best of their ability yet and they are 7-2. Today showed that they are improving. I think they will continue to improve through the rest of the season.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'd say he's more like the gas pedal then the clutch. Pressing the gas gets you going, the clutch allows you to change gears so that's more like LT.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I agree that the offense is ready to take off.

The patience for the chemistry between Holmes and Sanchez is getting there. Braylon is doing well as the deep threat. Cotch will be missed for the next few games. Keller is beautiful over the middle. And LT and sometimes even Greene are doing well in checkdown situations.

The offense just can't stall in the red zone.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Red Zone offense play selection needs to improve. Going to the gun in the red zone is something Schotty likes to do that I don't agree with. You tell the D that are not running the ball and that makes it easier to defend. I agree w/you on the developing chemistry w/Holmes its an area where we should see consistent improvement week to week. Sanchez is improving, you said it - the word is patience. You can tell the game is starting to slow down for him and he is letting the plays develop more instead of forcing balls into coverage.

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Where was it said that Cotch will be out for a few games?Didnt sound good after the game but was it officially announced?

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He really fucked his groin up. He'll be out for a while.

Nothing was officially announced, but it easy to see he'll be out a while.

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

He will be missed but I have faith others will step up in his absence.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

From Cimini's twitter:

@RichCimini WR Jerricho Cotchery (groin) could be out a while. Will have MRI tomorrow. QB Mark Sanchez (calf) says he expects to play nxt wk. #Jets

Later:

@RichCimini Word I'm hearing tonight is that QB Mark Sanchez (calf) will be fine to play nxt wk against Houston.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

That catch he made today in OT was amazing ! Despite being injured on a 3/9 from our 37 he stayed in the play, got open and made a diving catch for a clutch first down. Kept the drive going, changed field position and may have prevented us from giving Cleveland the ball w/a short field. Instead we drove down and Folk missed from the Cle 29.

11. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I hope the Green Bay game showed you that when the Jets get away from the ground and pound, they don't score.

The problem the last 4 games has not been the ground and pound. It's been asshole play calling, turnovers, dumbass penalties, asshole play calling in the red zone, and asshole play calling on offense. Plus some asshole play calling by Brian Schottenheimer.

The offense is balanced just fine as it is. Nobody can stop Tomlinson and Greene late in the game. Why that leads the Jets to forgo a 4th & 1 that they've been converting all game to let Folk make another garbage 47-yard attempt is fucking beyond me, but that's beside the point.

I love Sanchez as much as anyone, and I was thrilled by his late-game performance today (as I was against Detroit and Denver). But that does not mean the Jets should let a second-year quarterback, who notoriously lets his mood affect his game, start chucking the ball 35 times a game. He has dodged some serious bullets as far as interceptions this year, and I don't need to flip out when Schottenheimer comes up with some harebrained bullshit like a designed rollout after three straight effective run plays moved the chains. Or, alternatively, snapping out of the fucking shotgun in the red zone on 3rd & 3 when (AGAIN) the run game has been extremely effective up until that point.

/rant

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Sanchez is going to be a great QB, and soon. We'll still see some inconsistencies from him this year, but man this kid has it all and he's already starting to look like a guy that gets it. Great move by the Jets to move up and get him.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am w/ our QB. There will still be a bump in the road from time to time as he does take some chances but he is the reason we are winning now.

14. 624

624 Banned

Unreal how clutch he is

15. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yes.............Filler.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't emote for about 50 minutes of gameclock.

Then in the last 10, I know its time to actually get crazy about stuff because the Jets seems to start the game in the middle of the 4th quarter.

17. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan New Member

I love Mark, but he never pulled off a "clutch" performance in college when the game was on the line and plays breaking down around him...something we all were wondering if he could do.

It's evident now that he is capable of doing that in the NFL, good job kid.

18. 624

624 Banned

In College I just meant that his best performance came on the biggest stage...in the Rose Bowl

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He is a true leader at this age and will be for a long time

20. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan New Member

Agree, but the entire offense was on fire that game.

To put it in perspective, John David Booty had two great performances in the Rose Bowl as well, also the offensive MVP. John David Booty.