Same. Old. Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Apr 24, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Tony Richardson is about to retire, and this FB we got was one of the highest rated.

Faneca isn't the player he used to be.

Your a same old Jets fan. Most of us here aren't. We aren't going to expect failure anymore.

Look at all the moves we made this season. Look at Rex..same ol' Jets my ass.

2. finomenal

finomenal Banned

@Doogstein

That was a tough one. We need a TE bad, but Parcells and Ireland stick to their board, and they felt the value wasn't there. I don't mind. The Dolphins have had so many holes for years, so I'll pass up a TE for a front 7 defensive player any day. And come now, we've been bad for long enough now. Jimmy drove the franchise, Wannstedt ruined it, Saban did some good things...but, eh..Cam Cameron was a bafoon. It's our turn now.

@IgnatiusJReilly

Hartline is a WR. He's a fourth round pick from last year. It was a good draft for the Jets too though. Your team doesn't really have that many holes. Dirty Sanchez just needs to continue to progress.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

You just got here and you're calling out people's fandom? C'mon man...As I read the post, I knew who he was talking about...and still couldn't come up with the guy's name either. He actually makes good points...I'll take function over form every day of the week.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I know who he is. The fullback thing is an inside joke here.

5. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Was does me just getting here have anything to do with it? I've been around the site for almost 2 years but always had a free email account that I wasn't able to register with. I've been a Jets fan since I started watching football 15 years ago and can call out whoever the fuck I want. I knew who he was talking about as well. That's why I said what I did. I'm not going to argue because there's no point in it. There's enough beef between other members on this site that I don't need to add to it. So I'm just leaving it at this.

6. finomenal

finomenal Banned

@IgnatiusJReilly

I guess if you told me, it wouldn't be an inside joke anymore, huh lol...

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Correcting him is one thing, but calling out his fandom is just dick. I tried to relay that thought to you in the nicest way possible, and you took it as a challenge to your fandom. You reap what you sow...

8. ........

........ Trolls

I've been meaning to ask you about your username. Are you a precociously young Jewish doctor? :smile:

9. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Honestly I can tell your not a troll like the other Fins fans so I won't treat you too bad..... But I hope and pray that you never have your time. The day the Fins win a Super Bowl will be a very sad day for me. I'm probably one of the biggest Fin haters on this site. Not to say we all don't hate them but living in South FL my whole life gave a me a deep in my heart and soul hatred for them. It's very rare that I'll ever give the Fins credit for anything they do. So take my above post as a divine miracle because it may never happen again :smile::finssuck: <----- had to throw that in there

10. ........

........ Trolls

Let's just say it started in response to the "Toby Gerhart is a FB" nonsense and soon extended to Danny Woodhead, Jim Leonhard, Eric Smith (?), etc.

11. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Again it's hard to figure out how people say things to you over the internet because you can't hear how it's said you know what I mean? I apologize for calling it out and am going to forget it happened. In the end regardless of how hardcore you are your a Jets fan which makes you OK with me :up::beer:

12. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

LOL no but I've been told I look like Doogie Howser and the name stuck. So I took Doogie and combined with my last name of Goldstein and BAM.... Doogstein.

13. finomenal

finomenal Banned

@Doogstein I hear you. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, so I know what it must be like.

14. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Why dump Faneca? The organization felt he was the weakest link of its vaunted offensive line, and it couldn't justify paying the biggest salary ($7.5 million) to the least-productive lineman. But this is what makes you scratch your head: The Jets will save only $2.25 million by releasing Faneca. That's because they owe him $5.25 million in guaranteed money, one final kick to the stomach from his five-year, $40 million contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?id=5133084

There's 1 source on the Faneca $$$ Ignatius...

15. ........

........ Trolls

That says nothing about the offset if he signs with another team. It's just the "this is how much he's guaranteed to make this season". It even states that he'd get paid that much by Woody if he sat on his ass and didn't play this season. Most NFL contracts with guaranteed money include a provision that guaranteed money is offset by money paid out on a new contract if that player is cut. They were talking about it when Vick was considered a potential cut this season:

This doesn't seem like the informed opinion of someone who has looked at his contract. Until I see his actual contract with the lack of an offset, or hear someone mention that his contract specifically excludes it, it's much more likely that his guaranteed money is offset by a new contract amount.

#95 ........, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  16. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Wheere the FUCK is the facepalm button!!!!1111!!1!!!!!

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If theyre so worried about saving money for next year, then why isn't Gholston gone?

18. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

There's a reason why you're just a fan and not a coach for the New York Jets.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

calling him a "fan" is a bit of a stretch too.

20. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

myself and others have said it many times before.
    its not "same old jets" its same old jets fans.
    fuck that noise. i'm excited for the season.