Same Old....Colts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Jan 20, 2010.

1. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

What factors make you believe that they will be able to run on the Colts D later in the game?

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the Jets defense, I know they will keep us in the game.

I always look at the opposition and what their defense can do to our offense, in regards to the Chargers I was not worried about their defense, I actually though our play calling early in the game did not exploit their aggression, we did not use any play action until the second quarter. It could be the Jets are scripting their first 10-15 plays and then making adjustments.

The Colts defense scares me because they can get to the QB without blitzing, and Bracket is one heck of a MLB. If we can slow down their aggressive style and hit some screens and draws, we just may be able to make them hesitate just enough to break some big plays.

3. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

I was the Pacer ball boy in 4th grade and a huge fan til they attacked the asshole Piston fans... I'd watch women's ping-pong senior tour before NBA or MLB... Thats just my opinion and maybe yours... If "THE PACERS" were the only sport, you, too, would feel baseball was a joke? Strange, but I can respect that...

4. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

The reasosn he just stated, "the colts have a small defense" that will get beat up all game and wear out.

Also, the fact that we have been able to wear down, and run all over every other team we have faced all season at the end of games.

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Colts are favored by 7 1/2. The question is - Is the Colts Offense better than the Jets defense. Again - 7 1/2 sounds like they are.

The manning website - you guys have some issues, that is borderline strange.

Colts 27-Jets 6

6. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

History or bragging rights?? I don't give 2 shits about the 72 dolphins and i highly doubt many outside the Colts fan base would give a crap about the 19-0 Colts... At this stage of the game 17-0 is no better than 11-7, besides home field which we own... I didn't lose any sleep over it... After seeing Wes Welker blow his knee up, i knew we made the right decision...

7. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

correct me if i'm wrong but weren't the chargers and theri better offense favored by 7 1/2 too.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that the Colt fans are so sure that they're going to win. But it's funnier that they believe they would have won in week 16 if they didn't rest their starters for one quarter. Colt fans are about to have a very bad offseason

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You were losing when we pulled the starters and we had the ball. What part of that sounds like you would have won. Peyton just marched down in 8 plays, making mincemeat of your number 1 defense. Come on. Are you guys good, yes. Are you going to be the Colts, No! Look, just be happy that you are were we are. You can send the Colts a thankyou letter for that. :up:

10. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Bingo!

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Here comes another dillusional fan with a horseshoe on his head. You still don't get it, and that's why you're going to lose on Sunday. Keeping the score close and grinding down the opposition is Jets football. When you stop to take your breath the Jets pounce. Jets did that with the chargers, and they were going to do that with the Colts before Indianapolis folded and became the biggest pussies in the history of pro sports for throwing away an opportunity for immortality.

12. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Let me just ask all of Peyton's Pussies one question.
    You pulled your starters when you were ahead so you would have won no matter what. What about the five times this season when you were behind going into the fourth quarter and won?
    You people should know better than anyone that if it's close, a game isn't over till it's over.

13. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You guys really need to read this. My god man. This is from one of your own.

Let's look at the tape.

In a little over two quarters of play, Manning was 14-for-21 for 192 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions, although he led two touchdown drives. He wasn't sacked and was knocked down once. And that was without left tackle Charlie Johnson, who sat out with a foot injury, but started against Baltimore last week.

His first and last passes that day, both to Clark, sum up the frustration the Jets had in getting to him.

On the Colts' first drive, Scott flushed Manning out of the pocket to his left. Yet he delivered an 18-yard strike to Clark.

On Manning's last throw, backup running back Donald Brown did a terrific job picking up blitzing safety Jim Leonhard. That gave Manning enough time to find Clark for 19 yards to the Jets' 7, setting up Brown's touchdown run two plays later.

Of Manning's seven incompletions, three stand out. All were, in tennis terms, unforced errors on which Manning simply didn't put the ball where it should've been.

Early in the second quarter, on third-and-goal from the 4, Wayne got a bit of separation from Darrelle Revis and was open. Manning threw the ball high and outside, and Wayne couldn't bring it in. Had it been low and inside, it's probably a touchdown.

Wayne had Revis beaten badly on the first play of the next possession, but Manning's throw was a bit too long, and Wayne came up empty with a diving try. It would have been a 40-yard completion, at least. Wayne had three receptions for 33 yards, but easily could have had five catches for 77 yards and a score. Manning also missed Clark, who was open on a deep route, on that same series, which led to no points.

Whatever adjustments the Jets made at halftime didn't work, as Manning went 4-for-4 for 61 yards on an 81-yard touchdown march and finally seemed to be finding his rhythm. It's likely he would've put up more points, and he probably also would have felt the backside pressure that resulted in the strip sack of rookie backup Curtis Painter, which resulted in a Jets' touchdown. If Manning is in there, he might have averted the sack.

Manning also didn't have the services of wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who sat out that day to nurse a minor injury.

It's also interesting to note that the Jets' running game didn't get going until after Manning was removed, as 136 of their 202 yards on the ground came after Painter entered the game. Other than Brad Smith's 106-yard kickoff return for a score, the Colts were much the better team in the first 39:24 of that game, and the Jets must play much better this time around to win.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

It amazes me how people keep saying the Jets are all hung up about that game.

Bottom line is that game is ancient history. As a Jet fan..that team isnt the same team that played the last 3 weeks. This is the NFL when a switch can go on at anytime when a team is talented enough...and the Jets are.

No...you are correct...we are not the Colts. You are not the Jets. You live on a short medium passing game with no running game to be found. We live on a running game with not much of a passing game.

You also state that Peyton..how did you put it? Marched down on 8 plays..blah blah blah. You cant have it both ways. You were losing by a point and Manning had himself a drive..and thats it? Thats the end? That tells us that Manning will pick up where he left off and march down the field all day on Sunday I take it?

My gut feeling is that this will be a very hard game for the Jets to win because we are still behind the 8 ball at the qb position.

But to sit here and make it sound like this is a no brainer win for the Colts is just outright stupidity.

Manning is 8-8 in playoff competition. 8-8. His playoff stats do not come close to his regular season stats. Nobody can argue with that.

Lets see what happens.

15. jaywayne12

Again...meaningless. It means nothing this week.

The only thing that lines up with the way the Jets have played is the last paragraph. The Jet running game took off against the Colts...the Bengals...the Bengals again..and the Chargers in the second half.

And it will again this week....because thats what great offensive lines do to undersized defenses. Will the Jets be close enough when it does to matter is the question..everything else is just a waste of time.

16. Maximus

Maximus New Member

So Manning is 8-8 in those playoff games. Well sporty. Here are his stats.
    16 games 4600 passing yard 26 touchdowns and 18 ints. Not a bad season. If Sanchez would do that, he would be the second coming.

I just argued it, because you guys dont let the facts in way of the truth.

17. jaywayne12

Sporty? I swear you guys are part of Canada...anyway...wow...26tds and 18 ints?

I guess I needed help making my case after all. He had 36 and 16 ints this year about right? 26/18? I have to tell you...lol...I didnt know that...sounds sporty to me.

18. jaywayne12

Oh..and maxumillien,

Your boy threw for 26tds his rookie year..but beat our boy by 8 ints his rookie year...Manning had 28 ints his rookie year.

Sanchez would need to throw 4 on Sunday...and 4 in the super bowl to match that. Imagine if Manning made the playoffs his rookie year like Sanchez did? He would have ended up in the 30's.

19. Blue Shoe

Blue Shoe New Member

dude....

The Colts are going to lose because something some Colt fan on a Jets forum said?

fo rillz?

20. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Pats fan here. Jets have a legit shot at the upset. Hot team with a great mix of defense and running. Very similar run as the Giants 2 years ago and NE in '01.

I think your D can hold the Colts to under 20. Revis will stop Wayne and they'll double Clark. Take away the short passes to Clark and force Manning into deep drops where they can get some pressure on him.

The problem for the Jets will be finding a way to score 20 against a very quick defense. I don't think you can count on 4 yards every 1st down like against SD last week, plus you have to put points up against Indy early - falling behind by 2 scores will be tough in that stadium.

Sanchez needs to have a big game, and by that I mean something like 15-20 for 160 yards, no Int's or fumbles. A lot of 10 yard completions to keep possession. Edwards has to really step up. And when you run, run right at Freeney and Mathis and take the starch out of them.

If the Jets can win or tie the TO & special teams battles, then I like them 19-16 in a low scoring game. Indy fans blow, they don't realize what they're in for Sunday. And it would be sweet to see them lose to the team they let into the playoffs when they quit a month ago.