Sam McGuffie: The Best Running Back I've Ever Seen.

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Mr Electric, Jun 7, 2007.

1. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Wrong. He benches 355, 15 reps of 225. and weighs almost 200. Vert is 41, and his shuttle is 3.8.. 3.8

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah...He'll probably be up to around 200 pounds by the time he enters college as a freshman. This guy isn't just a workout warrior, he's a freak.

He only leaves his feet when he knows he has one or two guys left to beat...it's not like he's jumping over the defensive line and getting killed by linebackers. He's leaping over safeties and burning the corners as soon as he hits the ground. His accelleration is phenomenal.

How McGuffie compares to other top prospects:

SHUTTLE - #1 All Purpose Back.McGuffie: 3.83
    #1 Wide Receiver. Julio Jones: 4.69

40 Time - #1 All Purpose Back.McGuffie: 4.32
    #1 Athlete. Will Hill: 4.40

Bench - #1 All Purpose Back. McGuffie: Max of 355
    #2 Running Back. Jermie Calhoun: Max of 285 (Outweighs McGuffie by 25+ pounds)

Vert - #1 All Purpose Back. McGuffie: 41 Inches (6'0)
    #1 Wide Receiver. Julio Jones: 41 Inches (6'4)

#22 Mr Electric, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the kid looks phenominal. reminds me of last yrs stud Noel Devine. but with more size and slightly more power.

the only 2 negative things i can say about him are. the jumping shit is gonna have to stop. he'll get himself killed. and lastly, his OL is fucking perfect. the kid is too fast to stop but he has clear blocking for at least yards past the line of scrimmage on like every play.

still, that cant take away from him. comparing him to reggie bush? yes when hes running the ball thats fine.

but can this kid catch like Bush who could convert to WR today in the pro's and still have a all pro career.

4. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

I didn't know that race was a factor.....

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

it is if your white! WHOOOO WHITE POWER!

nah in all reality its exciting to see players in a position theyre not usually in. why do you think black qb's recieve alot of criticism or press hype?

race isnt much of an issue to me but if it wasnt(to the media/general population)Tiger Woods would just be another white guy whos really good at golf.

#25 Coach K, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not racist at all, but I'm just glad that their are now possibilities that white players have the potential to be superstars at positions other than QB.

Dan Connor, AJ Hawk, James Laurinaitis - All White and possibly the next Hall of Fame type of linebackers in the NFL.

Tom Zbikowski...not the best at his position, but it is very rare that a white player becomes a playmaker in the secondary. John Lynch is WAY overrated, not since Seahorn has there been a good white defensive back. Adam Archuleta is my boy, but all he can do it hit, and maybe pick up a fumble and run it back for six every now and then.

Sam McGuffie has a chance to do something that hasn't been done since the old school days of football. Dominate a predominantly black position and open up more opportunities for other white players that have the athletic ability to play running back.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Wooow, hold on MrElectric. John Lynch is overrated NOW, but in his best days he was consistently one of the best safeties in the NFL. Since he left Tampa it's been downhill, but he was terrific in his prime.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He is a GREAT leader and I could see him being a GM or a coach after his career is over, but I think that he is overrated. Just because a guy can put a hard hit on someone after the play is over doesn't mean he should go to the pro-bowl every season over a more deserving player. I just think that there has always been at least 4 or 5 more safeties in the league that play better than he does.

Just my opinion though...

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ionno. i disagree. unfortunately I live in Tampa, but one of the only things that made watching a Buc game worth it was Lynch. He wasnt just a run support safety. he was a field general. he always read assignments and had Peyton Manning like ability to recognize plays based on formation alone.

hes been overrated the last few yrs., but that guy was definitely a top Safety in his prime. im sure there were more safeties with more rounded stats (more picks, or passes defended) but they didnt bring wins like Lynch did. the bucs were always a defensive team and Lynch was crucial to that team.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah, I agree that he was a "field general"...I made the point that he is a great leader and a smart player. He was a quarterback at Stanford, so he knows how to read defenses and make calls. I'm just saying others are always over looked because Lynch plays on playoff caliber teams every season.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sam McGuffie committed to the Michigan Wolverines today. Together he and Ryan Mallett should make that team a championship contender for years to come.

12. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Sickk, just where I wanted him to go. I get like every michigan game where I live.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

BOO! Was hoping he'd go to FSU so I could see him in person.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

15. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I'm going with Armando Allen from ND as the next Reggie Bush!

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's a white running back, that can do a flip over a guy. He has to be one of the best athletes that I have seen on rivals.com if not the best.

17. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

19. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Ok, in a couple of recent RB-related threads I noticed Mr. E mentioning McGuffie. Lo and behold, I found this 2 and a half-year-old thread started by Mr. E himself!

I remember watching his highlight HS videos a couple of years ago, and here's a college video:
    [YOUTUBE]PyHf48BcSvA[/YOUTUBE]

So what are the draftniks opinions of McGuffie a couple of years later (MrE., GreenHurricane, WW85, etc..)?

He's listed at 6'0" and 200 lbs., so decent size, and he's obviously fast.
    Since his spectacular high school career, though, he's kind of been off the radar. Missing a year of football because of a transfer will do that, i suppose.

20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

About his freshman year at Michigan, From Wikipedia:

"McGuffie suffered three concussions during the season."