Sam Darnold's Return!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 24, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Maybe you're serious then. Yikes. Either way, this is a stupid conversation based off a very stupid point and I blame myself so I'll drop it now before it becomes a thing.

2. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

As do I, but
    Jets.

LAJet likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Browning in theory they matter in reality this team will lose A LOT of games this year and in the end Darnold health is all that really matters

Vida and Noam like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will say this again = when I was 22 I had a mild case of Mono = I lost over 20 pounds and I was in zero condition to play basketball ( never mind Football ) a month later, in fact my Basketball season ended and it took me months to get back to normal. I know medicine is amazing these days but IMO ( and yeah I am no doctor ) there is no way Darnold should be playing this week if he hasn't even practiced or touched the weight room --> it is stupid to rush this kid back to what I will continue to call "MEANINGLESS GAMES "

Vida likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He said he's only lost 2 lbs, and that was a week ago. He said he feels 100% and would be ready to go if his spleen wasn't enlarged.

You think Sam wants to get himself killed? I don't.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NJF ,,,,,,you think Sam wants to sit and watch ? The kid has not been cleared to lift a single weight or practice yet but yeah what do I know , I had mono and am speaking from my experience.

Vida likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but when you were 22 they were using leaches to treat diseases and you spent the dark hours wondering if that fireball in the sky was going to come back again.

mute, Vida, NYJFOREVER and 4 others like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In the old days they would have bled him. Leaches are for pussies.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Remember when Chad Pennington returned from injury against the Eagles? That was a fun game. Vinny started and threw that flea flicker to Santana Moss, but then Chad came in and looked pretty good. Not enough though as the Eagles hung on for the win. I was hoping Sam would make a similar return this week, but if he is not 100%, I am cool with not risking it.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Unless over the past 10 days this team has figured out how to get our offensive schemes corrected, I wouldn't want any QB, never mind Sam back there. They should put both RB back in and run an option play with no QB on the first two downs. Have Bell throw the ball as an option. LOL

#110 LAJet, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Vida and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If am a MD advising Sam and the Jets this entire discussion we are having now prob/hopefully is at the forefront of any final decision

I would also check to see if I paid my last Malpractice Insurance premium

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is true and we also used to get much bigger snow storms back then but I stray

FJF likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I find this very offensive as those leaches hurt like hell

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sammy D ain’t no bitch

dawinner127, FJF and cval like this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

So, Sam lost 2lbs and you lost 20lbs. You sure it wasn't baseball you were playing?

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

God damn it how did I miss that one?

NY Jets68, MoWilkBeast and Noam like this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

So, I have Eagles fans friends, relatives and a client in Philadelphia who's a huge Eagles fan. Plus there's the elephant in the room of the Jets never ever winning against the Eagles in their history. I've sat through two or three of them amongst all the home games I've been to. I remember Randall Cunningham's big second half. (Might just be two games, they don't play each other much...) Anyway, I wait four years each time for another crack at them, but it seems we never seem to play them at full strength. There's always some aspect that's off. Maybe we're NEVER at full strength. But this year I thought maybe this might be the year despite the game being in Philadelphia. Foolish thoughts filled my head about driving down there and getting a group together of those I know to make a party of it. Sam gave me hope this summer. Now this. Thankfully I didn't put the big plan in place, but what a disappointment. Without Sam and CJ I feel like I did heading into the last two games. There's really no chance of winning Sunday. I would not say that if it wasn't the Eagles in Philly, with our track record. I just can't imagine a victory scenario.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

IMO darnold should NOT return this week.

that would be the quickest recovery from EBV i have ever seen.

mind you this is not college physics class he is returning to. its the brutal NFL made even more brutal by the jets stellar OL.

Vida likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sam should play as soon as he won’t die on the field from one hit to the wrong spot. If his spleen is deemed to be regular size on Thursday then lace em up on Sunday.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Disagree. If he goes out there with a normal spleen but he isn't in football shape, he's risking other injuries. The last thing we need is for him to play after getting cleared to practice a couple days before and then missing the next six weeks with a muscle or joint injury. Play him when he's ready; I don't think that will be against the Eagles but hopefully the Cowboys.

Vida and Noam like this.