Sam Darnold's Return!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

It's based on the fact that only 3 weeks is a short time to sit out for an infection like mono. Unless the diagnosis is wrong, its jumping the gun

Vida and grkmanga31 like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sam and Mosley likely still out on Sunday. If so, that is tough, but you don't want to rush them back. Especially Sam.

On the other hand, the season is becoming out of reach if they keep sitting and the Jets keep losing. So when they do return, the season will already be over. Tough situation for sure.

Vida and grkmanga31 like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sounds like coachspeak. I.e. Darnold isn't playing, but I won't confirm it, so the Eagles will have to gameplan for both QBs. Not that they'd actually have to gameplan for Falk, it's basically just tackle the guy after the inevitable dumpoff.

Vida, ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Was he sick during that game and diagnosed later or did he get the mono after?

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The season isn't in reach WITH them. For as long as we have Gase and his system, we are going to be out of it.

6. HomeoftheJets

legler82 likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Same. Sit him. It's not worth it. Re-sign Fales.

Edit: Does Mike White even know the system yet?

#47 GQMartin, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  8. HomeoftheJets

If you want Gase fired, you'd better hope Darnold comes back soon. Because as long as Darnold is out, Gase has an excuse.

Vida likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's a fine line between "I want the coach fired" and "I want the potential franchise QB that our coach is going to ruin to maybe die".

Vida and stinkyB like this.
  10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I selfishly want Darnold back for this game as I am driving down to Philly to go see them play. My cousin just moved to Philly and bought a house there, so during the summer it seemed like the perfect idea to go visit him and see a Jets game. At the very least I thought they would be competitve. Without Darnold we are like a minor league team, if that makes sense. The Miami Dolphins have a better offense than us. Combine that with Mosley being out and its just going to be a non-competitive embarassment. There is normal football, and there is this Jets. The Jets don't even look like they belong in the league. I am hoping this is all extra pre-cautionary and Darnold is good to go. Mosley being out again is really depressing. I am at my wits end with this team. Trying to emotionally disconnect and just watch as a neutral observer but that will be hard because I will have a target on my back at the Linc, because Ill be damned if Im not going to wear a Jets jersey and root for my team.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Unless he's given full clearance, he feels great and there's 0% chance of injury to his spleen if hit hard, I don't want Sam suiting up. Philly's front 7 are very nasty. The way this o line has performed weeks 1-3 scares the shit out of me for Sam's health. Gotta think big picture here...

onefanjet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sell those tickets and take the loss my friend.

Vida likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold has been cleared for non-contact drills according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

Darnold had targeted Week 5 as his return date from a bout with mononucleosis but it is starting to look like that goal may have been overly ambitious. He is not as far along in his recovery as the Jets had hoped as he has yet to resume throwing, running, or lifting weights. If Darnold can't clear the necessary hurdles to play, Luke Falk would draw another start Sunday at Philadelphia.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So glad that months ago I turned down the offer of my nephew the Eagles season ticket holder to take me to this game. I wasn't interested in seeing the Jets lose in person (especially if they were getting blown out), and wasn't interested in being surrounded by angry Eagles fans if the Jets won. Looks like the former is a hell of a lot more likely than the latter, despite Philly's disappointing play so far.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Jesus, what a negative bunch of crap for Gods sake. I hope he stays healthy for the rest of his long, long career.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

neither is playing …. that is the latest word.

17. GasedAndConfused

form what i read the only player we get back this week is Q williams. seems like week 6 may be when we are closer to full strength. copeland and herndon will be back off suspensions that game as well. not sure what is up with DT but it's a hammy and he's old so i doubt we'll see him much this season at all. we don't even have any WRs. just robby and crowder pretty much.

18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Sheesh let the guy get his feet back and recover. Give him another week to see if he can do contact drills. If he can’t go vs Dallas, then Schedule his return for Monday Night game vs NE.

Vida likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

sam just said his spleen is still enlarged and they we rescan friday and saturday to see if he can play. in other words we won't know until saturday

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

0-4 after Sunday seasons over...