Sam Darnold (Main Darnold thread)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 30, 2018.

1. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Do you really expect rookie Darnold to be tearing it up against the #1 defense? Especially when the run game isn't working? This team has been playing against good defenses the past 3 weeks, give me a break.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Danrold doesn't take the Jets any farther than Sanchez did.

Sanchez got the most out of that team, and if the Jets defense had held Manning down the way the Saints did the following game (17 points + pick 6), Sanchez would have been in the Super Bowl, to bad the defense shit the bed.

dogg likes this.
  3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You need to put that post in Cmans excuses Jacksonville edition.

50ShadesOfGreen and dmarz45 like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Goff Wentz Trubitski are all tearing up the League THIS year...give the kid a break and let him have a year to learn!

Fire Bowels and Mac..thats a good starting point ..Give SD a good OC and HC

God willing the Jets go the way of LA and Chicago dumping their CS for some young blood

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I would say let McCown play at this point. He’s already developing bad habits with throwing off his back foot and sailing a lot of passes with all the pressure. He should of had 3 INTs today with just bad decision making. Let him sit awhile. Especially against some of the tough defenses coming up still.

ouchy and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Look, how many deep balls has Sam thrown to these guys, compared to McCown who has thrown thousands? You Darnold haters are way off base.

7. ColoradoContrails

When you're a rookie, 4th game, and constantly under pressure, how accurate do you think you're going to be/ Pressure is cumulative - you get pressed on the previous plays you don't simply forget it. This is why I changed my mind after the Browns game and want Sam to sit. The longer he has to play with these conditions, the more it's going to set him back. And this is also why I said they should've fired Bowles before the season. Macc has got to be seeing his prized acquisition going down the tubes and being sick to his stomach because the CS can't develop him.

sackexchange likes this.
  8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Ok so if you fire them, who would you hire?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I respectfully disagree. Better QB play wins us the division in '09. We finished 1 game behind the Pats that year with a very good roster that had a 2 year window to win it all. That team could've won 11-13 games and at least 1 home playoff game. Sanchez made a few plays in the playoffs, but he didn't carry us to victory in Cincy or San Diego.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Soxx?

Morons!

#30 Rollo Tomassi, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2018
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Why stop there? I wonder how he would do with a top 5 coach, number 1 WR group, top 3 TE, he should also only play with any one of the top 2 referee crews. It's the only way we'll know if Darnold is any good

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look.

When the Jets draft anyone in round 1, he must post HoF numbers starting from his rookie season until his retirement, regardless of the situation given.

Anything else is a total bust. Got it? Time to learn? TIME TO LEARN?? TIME TO LEARN!?!?!?!? Who has time for that here in NY?

So Sam is Sanchez 2.0 all right. He is a total bust. Absolutely.

13. ColoradoContrails

So let me get this straiight - Bowles is given 5 years to learn OJT, even after two consecutive 5-11 seasons, Williams is still being given slack despite the fact that today was his first sack in how many games, Adams is given slack because he's got so much "football sense" and you just know he's going to be great (someday), BUT....DArnold in his 4th game, against one the top defenses, with a shitty OL, mediocre receivers, and a dummy for an OC and HC needs to be playing like a 4 year veteran, not a 4 game veteran?

Got it!:rolleyes:

dogg, Freddy Mondo, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  14. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Looks like the hype was just that he looks clueless out there. What did you expect that we actually found a franchise QB?

15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The troll machine is strong tonite.

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

It may be too late to right this ship even though we're only 4 games into the season. The OL is dog doo - they have no recourse since they have no options at their disposal to improve on the personnel.

Darnold is displaying the 'happy feet' syndrome , all too common with young QB's with very little protection. If those want to insist that he stay in and learn, well, if you give a student in an open field a book to read but at the same time he's surrounded by hungry alligators, kinda hard to concentrate.

And the secondary? New Jack City? More like, No Backs, shitty.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That’s quite a slanted analysis. After leading 17-3, the offense did as little the rest of the game as the defense did.

Sure, the defense failed to hold the lead, but that doesn’t absolve the offense for not getting anything in the second half. And what position leads the offense?

Brook! likes this.
  18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I always think back to Peyton Manning’s and Troy Airman’s rookie seasons. Their teams were terrible, but given time to throw you saw the flashes that showed they were going to be big time players. I’m not saying Darnold will be as good as either, but even with this shitshow of a team around him you hope to see flashes of brilliance. Haven’t seen that so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Stupid post title, but I am getting concerned about his footwork and form. He is missing open receivers when he finally isnt get pressured. I am ready to fire the entire FO and coaches right now. Only we could take gold and turn it into shit. We gotta be the dumbest franchise ever.

dogg, ColoradoContrails and Wahoo like this.
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

4-0.