Salehs press conference plus latest jet rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Feb 4, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not the previous draft. back when they had watson and wanted to protect him.
    in 2018 they were 11-5
    in 2019 they really wanted to protect watson. so they drafted titus howard in the 1st who was a 4th round talent at best and then max sharping in the 2nd who was a mid rounder as well talent wise to be their bookends, then traded multiple 1sts to miami for tunsil, which they are still paying for, moved howard to RT and scharping became a left guard. so essentially in 1 off season they blew a 1st and a 2nd on draft picks, plus traded 2 1sts and a 2nd. and it backfired. their line still isn't fixed, they didn't have a 1st in 2020 and didn't have a 1st or 2nd last year. blowing your wad to protect a QB isn't always the answer and isn't guaranteed to work. they spend 3 1sts and 2 2nds in 1 offseason to protect watson and their line is bad and watson doesn't want to play there regardless and they are a bottom team and trending down

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Hack days? Hackenberg never even started an NFL game. You would have been better off saying the "Darnold" days, but that's your boy, right?

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did you watch any video of Hack, even at his "best" at PSU? I can't believe you'd make this comparison! LOL!

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? Dude, you need to spend some time looking at film of players in college. If you had bothered to look at video of Zach his last year at BYU and looked at film of Hack, there is no way on earth you could have said that they looked similar even if you had never watched a football game before. You embarrass yourself when you post stuff like this.

PJ4Ever and Rockinz like this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Jermaine Johnson’s stock is rising and he will probably crush the combine. People are starting to talk about him in the realm of Thibodeaux.

Don’t be surprised if he goes before 10, and he might even be in play at 4 for the Jets. If the rumors are true, the Jets may go Johnson at 4, trade back with the Steelers who go up for Malik Willis and take London at 20.

6. GasedAndConfused

i we take an edge at 4, they better wind up being a stud. there is a lot of edge talent ehre, i hope JD picks the right one and doesn't overvalue someone. late risers personally scare me a lot. at least johnson had the production in college though. 4 positions I really want to focus on scouting for the draft is EDGE, TE, WR, and LBer

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That would be quite the rise for Johnson. I never thought he'd go higher than the early 20's.

If we trade back to 20, I'd like to land Lloyd.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I follow so much draft content it’s probably a little crazy, and the one thing I’ll say about Johnson rising is that so many people talked about how much they like him and how many traits he has, that I couldn’t figure out why he was projected as a late 1/early 2 for so long. It seemed inevitable that he would project higher than that because no one ever said anything bad about him whenever he was brought up.

He has prototypical size, length, speed and power, can play the run, and put up pass rush numbers in the ACC. I don’t know if he warrants 4th overall but he’s probably going to go in the top 10

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm not comparing Zack with Hack. I'm comparing the sentiment.

"We don't need watson/mahomes we need to see what hack can do"
    "We don't need (fill in the blank) we need to see what zack can do"

So many folks said they could see hack's poor play and knew he wasn't the guy and we should at least looked at other QBs.

What are you seeing in zack that would lead you so say "we don't need to look at anyone else"? Is it his one decent season against scrubs (except for costal carolina that came in and kicked his ass)? Is it his last place finish in his rookie season? What is it about zack that is so much better than hack that GM Mac was an idiot but we are all geniuses?

SOJAZ, BrowningNagle and Ralebird like this.
  10. bicketybam

Who said that?!

Mac was the one who passed on Mahomes and Watson and God only knows what he was thinking. But that guy is long gone and will never work in the league as a GM again. Hackenberg was also a second round pick, not the second pick in the draft

Again, the comparison should be to Darnold. We gave Sam 3 years and that was the mistake. The even bigger mistake was drafting him over Allen.

11. GasedAndConfused

he does some like a JD type of guy too. interesting he could be the pick at 4. unless the jets feel they can trade down at 4 and take him a few spots later. It does seem like edge and WR will be our 1st 2 picks

12. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Eh i think it's going to be a stretch to see him in the top 10. Good player but he doesn't have anywhere near the explosiveness and bend that Hutch and KT do. I don't see why Karlaftis is ahead of him though. They seem like they should have similar value, but then again, some see Karlaftis as a top 10 pick (he's not).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

99%?

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That was not him. That guy looks like he has potential.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Literally no one thought about looking what Hack can do. He was laughed at as soon as he was drafted and 1 year after people were shocked that he was still in the plan for Mac.

That being said, Mahomes/Watson GREATLY outperformed their hype before the draft. It's crazy when you think about it now and how young top rated QB struggle early on in the NFL.

As for Zach he has way more talent than Hack, not even comparable and he has shown flashes. I am not against drafting another QB if needed but you clearly have an agenda toward ZW from what I've seen. Darnold our last top rated QB got 3 years. At some point it would not even surprise me if the Jets throw the towel with Zach (after 1 year) and then establish himself somewhere else. The talent is there, the execution and decision making is lacking.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you talking Berrios or Wilson lol ;)

cval likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

people struggle with that on this board. mention a situation and they automatically assume you are directly aligning the people involved. I got what you were saying. When you have the 32nd ranked QB it's a disservice to not keep an open door for a potential upgrade. This is professional football after all.

If Zach Wilson doesn't welcome competition then he should play better than worst in the league. Fortunately, Wilson does seem to welcome & get motivated by competition, which makes people's takes on this board - that he deserves the starting job unquestioned - all the more misguided

Ralebird and Footballgod214 like this.
  18. Footballgod214

Someone gets it!

19. bicketybam

We got it. You just used the wrong QB to make the comparison.

cval likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

did i?