Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ukrainian mail order.

The_Darksider likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

He must be shopping the senior section.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Word is Woody has a big, fat

bank account.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

She's holding his purse... ;)

5. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Mmm, it does match his necklace...

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Name one.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What, you want me to flip this podium over on the floor? HUH!?!?

[​IMG]

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I was thinking something similar but with Jim Schwartz…

barfolomew likes this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The man is totally incapable of nuance. Blows my mind. Good coaches and GMs don't lose 2/3 of their games over 3-4 years.

SOJAZ and Borat like this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is tangential to the point, but anyone notice that Saleh seems to have lost significant weight this year? Between that and the hostage crisis pressers I think he's truly in over his head and has no idea how to make this better.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Notice.. no necklace for this photo? I guess its only when he's around football.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed. I think he’s barely holding things together here

the guy has like 12 kids or something anyway, maybe being a head coach isn’t for him. And that’s fine, he seems like a nice guy, he should dedicate his time to fatherhood and not the Jets IMO

REVISion likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hear he has a background in finance. Good fallback.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He does every year. I hate being in position to defend him on anything because frankly I can’t stand him at all. But he lifts a lot during the offseason, and doesn’t really have the time to during the season. Go back through his tenure and you’ll see it’s a trend with him, along with losing and being clueless on how to coach.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Now that he lost weight, would JD actually fire him? You know how he likes fat people ;)

abyzmul likes this.
  16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

With Saleh, we have a very good defense…not elite like you say…but I do think part of that is having to be on the field so much and having to press because they know the offense will just hurt more than help. If our offense were even average, I think our D would be showing much better. Playing with a lead, playing inspired…all of that matters. Instead, they get deflated every time because we do so many three and outs. I also think that a more creative defensive coaching approach would help make the D even better. Let Sauce follow the #1…although Reed himself is also very good…would be nice. A few more surprise blitzes would be nice…like when we sent Sauce against Miami last year and he got the hit…just throw in some stuff.

But on offense, it’s like Saleh is a total no show. He has no answers, he has no creativity, and it just feels like he doesn’t even do anything on that side of the ball other than let the OC run the show. It’s like he adds zero value. And while I like our D, that’s only half the team, and you can’t be that way as the HC.

Watching this game in Cleveland really hit home for me how piss poor coached our offense is. So many pre snap penalties, delay of game, false starts through the roof, illegal alignment, 12 men in the huddle. That offense was a fucking clown show.

And I know Woody is just thinking yah, but when Rodgers is there, a lot of that will go away because he knows how to run an offense…but man it’s just such a poorly coached unit.

Between that, and the record…three straight losing seasons with a lot of blowout losses…it’s just not good. And certainly warrants a firing.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH its debatable how good a defensive coach he is.

He was only a DC for 4 years, and in his first two years his defenses were ranked 25 and 28. But they had great drafts on the defensive side, including using picks 2, 3, 7 and 14 overall on DL. They landed Warner and Moore in the 3rd rounds, Greenlaw in the 5th, and assembled a lot of talent. His 3rd season they ranked 3rd, but that was with a stacked roster, and they went to the SB, where his defense blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead and gave up 21 points in the final 6 minutes. The next season it was ranked 14th. Since he's left the niners their defense has been ranked 9, 1, and 3.

When he has a lot of talent he is decent. "A monkey could run his defense". But when he has to improvise and get clever, you're out of luck.

#257 ouchy, Dec 30, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    SOJAZ, Ralebird, teamgreen and 2 others like this.
  18. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I like it. He's an asshole like Gregg Williams, but he can coach. I'd take either one right now.
    I liked Saleh so much at first but I don't know if he has improved at all as a coach.

mezzavo likes this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah Saleh just needs a competent QB + OLine. He didn’t want Becton at LT, he had no choice. We don’t have a LT option on the team.

I think JD made a huge mistake with this versatility approach to the OL signings. It just caused guys to get hurt being moved around.

This is all JD fault. from day one signing Zach when Darnold + picks were better option.

JD needs to hit this draft and FA like he did with the 2022 draft. I doubt it though.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he does? sweet might just get my application in to be new head of scouting