Salary cap

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, Feb 29, 2020.

1. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

With the salary cap going up.to 200 million 12 million higher than last yr. How.much do we have now before cuts?

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Sportracs says 57 million, Google says 66 million. Somewhere between those. Can make 20 -30 million on cuts.

3. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

After the expected cuts we should have around 75mil. But I just read an article by Cimini that if the players approve the new CBA, we’ll be able to defer 8 mil of Truman Johnson’s 12 mil cap hit to next year.

So I guess that’ll put us over 80

jilozzo likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Well shoot I just sided with the owners let's get this deal done!

5. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Anybody hear any new news on the CBA vote. I thought they were supposed to send the vote to the players this week ?

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I read something about the 5th year option cost changing under the new CBA. The upshot being that Darnold's 5th year option could end up significantly more by the time we get there. He is the first year if affects, which is typical Jets of course.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's OK though. If it keeps us from having to extend him for one more year and keeps him on his rookie contract then that's a win. All the grief in Dallas with Dak makes me worried about what Darnold will want. And he's a couple years behind, but Dak was far more accomplished even at that point in his career than Sammy.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

If he shows you some stuff, and becomes what they expected when they drafted him, paying him will not be an issue. If you have a guy that raises everyone around you, he’s worth the money. I wouldn’t stress about it after year two, because the Jets still have 3 years of control plus the franchise tag if necessary.

FJF likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. Quarterback is a little bit of a different story though. You disrespect your quarterback in a contract situation and your franchise will have a lot of hardship recovering from that. The Jets are already the joke of the NFL in contract negotiations.

This is an extremely important year for Darnold, for both himself and the Jets.

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It is important yes. You have just a couple cornerstone pieces. This offseason you decide who finishes the foundation, and this season you see if your rebuild is working.

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

FYI, current salary cap space (from two different sources) is displayed on the home page of this website. It's updated several times per day.

https://www.theganggreen.com/

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Didn't know it was there between the banners. Could you move it to the top right, just above the Gase-O-Meter?