Sal Paolantonio: Jets fielding offers for picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NEJets, Apr 24, 2013.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You don't draft QB for the current year, you draft him for the future. In fact, it's not a bad thing to have his first year be a throwaway - less pressure.
    However, I wouldn't want to spend a 1st round pick on QB, would rather they draft one in later rounds.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOLOL....wow. Just...wow.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah. I'd like to think they have someone they think is a potential game changer at 9. If not, get more picks.

Won't be pissed either way. Lots of holes. Just fill them with quality guys. If they don't then I reserve the right to hate the shit out of Idzik down the road.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Rex in under contract through 2014. There is no reason to extend him at the end of 2013.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I don't think there is much in the way of game changers in this draft but there are a bunch of solid pick ups and why I am hoping they trade back with both firsts for a couple of extra picks. They may not get a star but if 3 out of 4 become solid players if can build a nice base for the future. If they try and reach on the 9 and 13 I have a feeling they may get one player the is a step above the rest but miss on the other. Of course all just the opinion of a normal fan and not a big X's and O's person;

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If this is true, we now know why Jets hang on to TT.

Please let it be true.....

7. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

You can't have a lame duck HC in New York. He'll either be let go or extended at the end of the year.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Vikings and falcons may be the ones on the move higher.....Seattle possible but less likely.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you rarely see any coach go into his final year without a new contract. this will never happen here in new york.

i am still thinking that he is done after this year.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There are game changers in every single draft. A lot of them. You have to hope that your team can find one or five.

They don't necessarily have to be projected in the first round, either. I think you know this, but you have been reading too many moron mock drafts and 'expert' columns to realize it.

Easy to do this time of year. Same with the years when those guys predict a shit-ton of game changers. They don't know either.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Probably didn't word that right. There are certainly game changers but I think it will be harder to find them this draft and if the can drop back a little to pick up a couple of extra picks a little later in the 1st and early 2nd it will give them a better chance of picking one up.

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

A "Direct" hit on 1st three picks...amazing

Last two drafts saw only:
    Wilkerson and Ellis ( Ellis has to be better than Pouha right ? )
    Coples and Hill ( yes I believe they will be great starters )

This year I can truly say, staying pat on draft position worked out GREAT! I was all for trading down but the New GM did an absolutely GREAT Draft, best one since Abe and Ellis years ago.

3 starters in the draft this year for sure, 3 absolutely game changers here.

Best Draft ever and Idzik is "The Man"...CB, DT and QB all set for Pro Bowl, mark it down

13. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Idzik "Did" the damn thing

3 Pro Bowlers in 1st 3 picks..."love it"