Sad- Bills and Jets were in the same boat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 16, 2021.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well he's like 12-1 since that game and lit up the league so maybe you needed to watch more than just that game

94Abraham and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Take a look at the numbers you are wrong. I wish Darnold was "shit" like this.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You watched literally his only bad game this season.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You surely don't think that was his one and only bad game. Do you?

5. IIMeanDeanII

6. IIMeanDeanII

Haha

The hard on that Jets fans have right now for Josh Allen is comical to me.

I've watched more than one game.

It doesn't matter though. I look at his game, his situation, and what's around him.

I'm not impressed. I think he will be exposed sooner than later. We shall see.

7. BrowningNagle

Dont you think he would have been "exposed" by now though? Hes a game away from the Super Bowl. If he threw a couple picks against the Colts and flamed out in the 1st round I might've agreed with you

8. IIMeanDeanII

He's been far below average for his entire career. Now he has weapons, a better team.

Listen. You like him. I don't.

I'm not going to praise a guy on one season of work. How many QB's have had a good year or two and then looked awful? Happens all the time. Nothing about Allen makes me think he is the real deal.

Like I said.. We shall see.

People on these forums get blinded so easily, happens all the time. I know why I feel the way I do, I'm comfortable with my opinion. It's subject to change. He hasn't done nearly enough for me to think this will be the rule, instead of the exception.

9. BrowningNagle

no, I dont like him. I wish he sucked. He plays for Buffalo.

It sounds like you aren't open to having your mind changed though and that's fine. I remember people in Detroit saying Favre sucked all the way till the end haha

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i wouldn't go that low.....he is still capable of a clunker at any time but he has improved so rapidly and IMO is a young clone of B. rothlisberger with better legs.

i thought he would be the eventual best of the bunch coming out in 18. but it still remains to be seen. but if jackson doesn't improve more as a passer than it likely evolves that way.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

I literally said my mindset Is subject to change In that very post you quoted. lol Depending on the trajectory of, Josh Allen. As of now. I'm nowhere close to anointing him the next great thing. I see so many flaws In his game.

Like I said. We shall see.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Whiplash can cause a concussion. I'm not a doctor though and it didn't look bad on the replay at all but obviously something got injured. hopefully not too bad

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a brilliant QB to lead a team to the Super Bowl, and that was the question posed. I don't think Allen is the finished product, and he may regress or he may continue to improve. But right now, he's a player who can make things happen for his team. Positive things. Out of nothing.

And weirdly, I've never hated the Bills, so I don't hate him. He seems like a great guy and I like the way he plays. I don't hope he fails because he isn't on the Jets, I haven't been blinded by anything. I've seen a young quarterback improve and he's playing at a high level right now, and he's entertaining. With the Jets out of the playoff hunt around week four these days, I look to be entertained.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

pages of GG being whiney bishes pissing on Josh cos our Savior is a vanillaSoftee bussssssssssssssssssssssst

smh

carry on

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Not really. I’ve been posting on here for like 9 years off and on. My life doesn’t stop because the bills are doing well.

Anyway, back to “busts.” They’re all starters and they’re all contributing heavily on a team that reached the AFC Championship. Also, 2 of the 3 guys you mentioned were 3rd round picks. What are you expecting from a 3rd rounder? A starter? A depth piece? Third round picks are not exactly expected to be world beaters. The fact they are starting is good. I don’t understand how it’s even arguable to say they are busts.

16. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I think you need to do some serious soul searching, my man. It’s called confirmation bias, where you hold onto opinions despite all evidence to the contrary. Be objective and look at what is happening

94Abraham likes this.
  17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If you think Josh Allen is shit, I imagine you must think Sam Darnold is the next Ryan Leaf

18. IIMeanDeanII

Confirmation Bias? You are acting like this season Is consistent with Josh Allen's overall body of work. It's not. This Is the first time this kid has ever looked this good. Ever. Even In college he didn't play to this level. I have far more reason to think Josh Allen Isn't as great as people think he Is, than evidence to suggest otherwise.

I understand that It is more likely that a bad QB will have a good season, then fade out. Than a good QB having a bad season, then fading out. You see It all the time. All the time.

Nope. Not confirmation bias.

You're cute though. Trying to sound all fancy. I dig It

Soul Searching? lol

I think you are counting your chicks before they hatch.. as they say.

He's only had ONE season of good play. ONE. Enjoy It while It lasts. For real, enjoy It. You should. First meaningful game the Bills have had since the early 90's. I can't take that away from you at least.

Overall. I get it. You want It to be true, so badly. So bad.

..and why wouldn't you?

I just don't think he's all that great. I think he will come back down to reality soon. I've admitted I could potentially be wrong, but, I'm confident I'm not wrong.

I watch him play, I see a lot of flaws. A lot. I think It's only a matter of time, I think this season Is a fluke.

It is unheard of to see a guy like Josh Allen make that type of leap In terms of improvement as a player. You don't see that, I doubt statistically even that you will find that level of improvement at the QB position with someone else at the position.

Like we've seen with, Josh Allen.

To me, that suggests a fluke. Fools Gold.

I watch him play, I wonder how the fuck he's having the season that he Is. Truthfully. That's the only thing that amazes me about It.

Like I've said many times...

We shall see.

19. IIMeanDeanII

We've all thought Josh Allen was shit before this year, with the exception of a few on this board.

I just don't dive Into the first hype train I see. It's not really that hard to comprehend.

Also. I think Sam Darnold Is better actually. Still do.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The thing that hurts is Jets fans have had to deal with 20 years of Patriots domination. Now, the same year they FINALLY take a step back, the Bills are on the doorstep of the Super Bowl while we still suck.