Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Oct 22, 2020.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Joe D. and the Johnson's better look VERY CLOSELY at how and why Tannehill suddenly went form Bottom Third of all QB's to Top 10, maybe Top 5.

Is it all because he left Adam Gase ? I honestly don't know.

From Peter King:

Comparing Tannehill to all quarterbacks since opening day 2019 (minimum 10 starts) proves his efficiency and his downfield production.

Highest-rated quarterbacks since opening day 2019: Tannehill 116.0, Russell Wilson 112.1, Drew Brees 112.0, Lamar Jackson 109.3, Patrick Mahomes 105.9.

Highest yards per attempt since opening day 2019: Tannehill 8.95, Dak Prescott 8.26, Jimmy Garoppolo 8.20, Wilson 8.19, Jameis Winston 8.16.

Who knew? Tannehill, since taking over as Titans quarterback one year ago this week, is the missing piece for a team that can grind it out and be explosive in the passing game too. There are many amazing things to his story, but this one might pop the most: To acquire Tannehill, the price was the 135th pick in the 2020 draft, a fourth-round pick. Such is the craziness of quarterback-mining in the NFL. Tennessee spent the second pick in 2015 to pick what the franchise thought was its franchise quarterback, Marcus Mariota. But a year ago tomorrow, coach Mike Vrabel benched Mariota and started a guy the Titans paid peanuts for. That changed the course of current Titans history and gave the best teams of the AFC an unexpected major rival.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Please let's stop acting like Tanny wasn't putting up good numbers under Gase in Miami; because he was!

Gase arrived in Miami as HC in 2016.

Tanny of 2016: 13 games played. 2,995 passing yards. 67.1% completion percentage. 19 TD's/12 INTs and a QB Rating of 93.5.

Tanny of 2018 (injured 2017): 11 games played. 1,979 passing yards. 64.2% completion percentage. 17 TD's/9 INTs and a QB Rating of 92.7.

Gase only coached Tanny for two seasons and both years Tanny had more TDs than INTs, completion percentages of 67% and 64% and QB Ratings of 92 and 93!!!!

Look. I can't stand Gase either but all of this Tanny was a bad QB talk under Gase is a myth and it's horse crap. Tanny played awesome under Gase despite Miami not being a good football team.

You know what this shows me? It shows me that SAM DARNOLD is absolute CRAP!

PS: Tanny had 4 other seasons as Miami's QB before Gase even ever arrived and never made the AFCCG (as he's done with Tennessee). So blaming Gase and only Gase for Tanny failures in Miami makes 0 sense because wtf did Tanny do in Miami during the 4 years BEFORE GASE EVEN EVER ARRIVED? Oh yeah. That's right... Nothingness!

But no. Tanny NEVER looked like absolute dog crap under Gase. Ever. However, Sam Darnold does! Which goes to show me that it's Sam Darnold who's really the BUST here people!

Please stop the narrative that Tanny was horrible with Gase before exploding with Tennessee because that's simply, not true.

Tanny went 437/663 (65.9%), 4,974 passing yards, 36 TDs/21 INTs, QB RATING of 92 AND 93.2!!!! and a WINNING RECORD of 13-11 during his ONLY TWO SEASONS UNDER GASE.

Darnold has gone under Gase only had a QB Rating of 81.

I dislike Gase myself personally but the more I think about it the more I wonder if it's Gase who stinks or is it truly Darnold who's absolutely pathetic?!? Because all I know is Manning had career numbers under Gase and Tanny had two seasons of QB Ratings of 92 AND 93 while Darnold doesn't even look COMPETENT!

Darnold is a worse QB than Gase is head coach and to me it's not even a question anymore.

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I agree that the Tanny sucked under Gase is overblown and mostly untrue. Miami sucked under Gase, but that is a different discussion. I'd be interested to see Tannehill's numbers without the most explosive and dominant running back in the NFL.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly!

Derrick Henry last year during the regular season rushed the football 303 times for 1,540 yards, 16 TDs and also caught 18 passes for 200+ receiving yards and 2 TD receptions and in total combined for 1,746 offensive yards from scrimmage and 18 offensive TD's. He's their REAL MVP.

And the narrative that Tanny all of a sudden "led Tennessee to the AFCCG once leaving Gase" is pure bullshit because during Tennessee's two playoff wins last year?

Derrick Henry rushed the football combined vs Baltimore/NE a whopping 64 carries for 377 rushing yards (all while Tanny completed a "whopping" 15 passes with only 29 passing attempts during both wins COMBINED).

When you look @ the first two seasons and only two seasons Tanny had under Gase in Miami? You'll notice QB Ratings of 92 and 93!!!!

Sam Darnold? 3rd year? And here in 2020 is ranked dead last amongst all 32 starting QBs in QB Rating? A QB Rating of only 70.7?!? He's a freaking BUST!

Tanny had 4 years of Quarterbacking for Miami before GASE EVEN EVER ARRIVED so can anyone please explain to me why, during those 4 years before Gase in Miami... Why he could never take Miami to the AFCCG? So please stop acting like "it's Gase's fault".

I'm not here to defend Gase. I personally do not like his personality and want him gone based off of his personality alone; but it's Sam Darnold who's the one who's absolutely garbage and an NFL BUST after already being a TURNOVER MACHINE @ USC.

Tanny put up QB Ratings of 92 and 93 under Gase but yet in year #3 Sam Darnold has the 32nd and dead last QB Rating of only 70? So, who's the one who "sucks"? Gase or Sam? All fingers point to Sam.

#4 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Tannehill looked nothing like he does now in TN.

He was ADEQUATE in Miami, a place-keeper. He is WINNING GAMES with his arm in TN.

fggrimes likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Your not looking at the whole picture his numbers dont tell the whole story.What was his 3rd down conversion percentage?Tannehill also had Mike Wallace and Jarvis Landry among other weapons.Darnold right now has nothing but Crowder who gets game planed out of the game instantly.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Remember all the knob-slobbing of Tannehill last year as a shining example as to why Sam Darnold would be good.

Acad23 likes this.