Ryan keeps talking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dexter Morgan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I am still waiting for one person to provide an actual quote of what they believe is Rex trash talking the colts.

The hand wringing hysteria by some here is bizarre. Can you magine what these nervous nellies would have had to say when Namath publicly predicted victory against the 17 pt favorite Colts in SB III ??? :lol: OMG - now that was something !!!!

This is just a HC saying he wants to win the game against a team he has a alot of respect for. How is this even controversial?????

Get a grip nervous nellies, time to put on your big boy pants.

2. ZUCCO

ZUCCO New Member

Words don't determine a win! The game is played on the field!

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

this i so unbelievably true, it really disgusting frankly. I watched this press conference and knew immediately everything he said would be taken out of context. Sure enough the newspapers and even ESPN radio are overblowing the whole "personal' thing to make it much more sensational and inflammatory than his actual comments were.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm telling you, I watch every press conference that is on SNY, he never says anything disrespectful of an opponent or really out of step. I don't see what's so brash about a coach thinking his team is going to win--if they don't think so why play the game?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

GTFO!?!?! Really?

Shit I thought we won the Super Bowl already, damn that Rex is a trickster!!

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Personally, it is not my style to be a big talker. But I am not HC of any team, let alone the Jets.

Part of why I think it might be okay is that it seems true to Ryan's personality. If it were faked, I think THAT would show and make it much more problematic than it is. Since it seems real, I am for the most part okay with it, and even admire it at times.

If the Jets go out and flop this Saturday, how will I like it? Probably not so much.

7. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

in these days of "crack" media, it's their job to overhype and spin every last word out of everyone's mouth.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Great post. Left aside in the big talking take on Ryan is that EVERY time I see him analyze opponents, it is as you say. To me Ryan gives the impression that one of the reasons he takes his job so seriously is that he knows the quality of opponents and that they are for real, and need to be taken seriously.

9. MadBacker Prime

Rex is doing this also for the fans. Since day 1 he's been trying to change the depressive ass nature of most Jet fans. I loved the phone calls, and challenging the fans. Makes us feel like part of the success, and he has changed a large part of the culture.

It's also about results, which he has delivered too. 9-7 last year, and AFC Champ appearance.

11-5 this year against a much harder schedule and playoff outcome TBD.

10. Italian Seafood

Also, I'm not sure the team pulls games out at the end like Detroit, Denver, Cleveland and Houston if they don't have that belief ingrained from the coach. Joe Namath always said the same thing, if you don't think you can do it you won't. How many years have we not won most of those games?

11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I can't believe this warranted 7 fucking pages....its Rex being Rex. Period.

Wow, he wants to beat the Colts and Manning.....go figure......:rolleyes:

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

all rex is saying is he wants to take out the one QB who seems to have his number as a defensive coach.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

+1^

Pretty much anything Rex says or does is blown totally out of proportion by the NY media. He is the biggest sports story in the tri-state area. So its not really surprising that you see the media misrepresenting what he says in order to distort it into some controversial statement which they can use to sell papers or attract listeners and callers - when in fact all he did was praise the colts and state that he was going to give 100% to help his team beat the Colts and that he believes in his guys.

Thats not really a very controversial statement if any Coach says it. But because its Rex - its blown out of all proportion and people start coming up w/false notions that he is "trash talking" when the truth is that he is giving mad props to Manning and the Colts and stating that the Jets are going there to win the game. I still have no idea why anybody would interpret that as trash talking.

You play to win the game. You plan to win the game. You give it 100% effort to win the game. Thats just what you do. If that is some sort of a revelation to people - they obviously have never played football or any team sports. pssssst... the Colts are planning to win the game too.

14. Italian Seafood

Then people take the second-hand version and complain the Jets "talk so much..." when in reality they're not much different than any other team. Then they go back to Hard Knocks, like that has anything to do with now or what is being said now.

15. MadBacker Prime

That's another good point, I know some extremely old Jet fans (Grandfather and friends) who love his attitude and buy into it. If Rex can convince them you can be sure the players are too.

Especially when the winning, playoff appearances, and prime time games continue.

16. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Why do you see the need to hold up everything your coach says up to the microscope like you're in the media? Enjoy the ride. This is a franchise that hasn't known a run of success like this for decades. And the bolded part, come on, it's total horseshit.

17. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

dead!!!!!!!!

18. NjColts17

NjColts17 New Member

i have no problems with what Rex said and i'm not sure why anyone else would. He's made it known in the past that he respects Peyton and the colts but he obviously wants to win and has faith in his team. I personally like what he does cause it makes me look forward to the game more knowing that he's that confident. JMO

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

In all honesty, the media does really set up Rex with a lot of these questions...

I can't remember the last time the media walked up to another HC and asked "Do you think you're going to make the Superbowl?"

And if they did, the HC would give the same answers as Rex...it's just that they don't get asked those kind of things.

20. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

what happened too rex's left eye?