Russian Planes Just Came Really, Really Close to Hitting a US Navy Destroyer

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Right. George Bush nailed him just like he said he would when he stood on the pile and put his arm around that retired fireman.

Mission Accomplished!

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think your tin foil cap is getting a bit too tight there Byz... Bin Laden was alive and well but not anymore..

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My tin foil hat is not nearly as tight as your blindfold, C.

The day you wake up, it'll be a good day for you. It'll also be the most frustrating day of your life and you'll probably make a lot of bad decisions.

But you'll be awake.

greaser likes this.
  4. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Just curious if this bothers anyone. It bothers the hell out of me.
    The worst part is knowing that partisan cheerleaders on the left would have screamed bloody murder if it was Bush and his goons doing this.
    I can always identify an imprisoned mind when they refuse to acknowledge the failures of their golden cow.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/17/wh-cites-executive-privilege-obama-adviser-testify/

"Sen. Cotton accepted the challenge, but President Obama’s speechwriter and high-ranking foreign policy adviser Ben Rhodes ducked out of a hearing Tuesday where he was to explain whether he misled the country in pushing the Iran nuclear deal.

Members of Congress had been eager to prod Mr. Rhodes over misrepresentations, but the White House had seemed skeptical, saying lawmakers should poke one of their own, Mr. Cotton, an Arkansas Republican that Mr. Obama’s aides say has been misleading.

Mr. Cotton jumped at the chance — and then the White House backed out, refusing to let Mr. Rhodes testify, citing executive privilege

“Specifically, the appearance of a senior presidential adviser before Congress threatens the independence and autonomy of the president, as well as his ability to receive candid advice and counsel in the discharge of his constitutional duties,” W. Neil Eggleston, the White House’s chief lawyer, wrote to the House Oversight Committee on Monday.

Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz was nonplussed.

“What is mystifying to me is how readily available he made himself to the media,” the Utah Republican said Tuesday morning as he kicked off the hearing, which went ahead without Mr. Rhodes or Mr. Cotton, who Mr. Chaffetz said wasn’t needed anymore after Mr. Rhodes refused.

Mr. Chaffetz then went on to play a clip of Mr. Rhodes from early 2015 saying the negotiations produced access to Iran’s nuclear facilities anytime and anywhere — then played a clip of Secretary of State John Kerry later that summer saying that was never a goal, and wasn’t part of the agreement.

It’s not unusual for the administration to refuse to let top White House advisers testify.

Cabinet officials and others confirmed by the Senate have a duty to Congress, but the president’s own staffers, who do not face confirmation, answer only to him, and administrations of both parties regularly decline to let them appear before Congress.

The theory is that if they are required to answer questions publicly, under oath, about their actions in the White House, they will be less forthcoming.

But initially, when first asked last week about the possibility of Mr. Rhodes testifying, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said it “has nothing to do with executive privilege.”

On Monday, Mr. Eggleston reversed that decision and did assert privilege.

After Mr. Rhodes’ refusal to testify, Democrats on the committee complained that the witness list was stacked with Iran deal opponents.

“These experts here are all repeating the same talking points,” Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, the committee’s ranking Democrat, said."

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So Bin Laden is part of the conspiracy here or something?

The only way that was a body double was if Bin Laden was already dead and we knew it.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Right?

If congress believes that the law has been broken they can issue a subpoena to compel testimony from staff and sometimes actually compel that testimony. Often not though, as executive privilege is well established in the law.

greaser likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It takes a lot of balls to ignore some prick and say "You guys are such a little threat, we refuse to acknowledge you". Much more than responding with violence which any moron can do.

greaser likes this.
  8. greaser

A corupt congress won't apply the screws to the executive branch? No shit...
    There are a lot of horrible practices that are well established in the day to day operations of govt. That I will never accept because it's wrong and you know it (I say this assuming you are a good reasonable person as I believe most people are).
    How is his use executive privilege in this case any better than destroying evidence?

9. greaser

There is some merit to that, I understand. However, people are dieing and our enemies are gaining in strength.

10. greaser

I guess I'm not surprised with the popularity of the govt. on this page. NY has always been a leftist heaven. There is nothing wrong with that in it's self. When you become blind to facts that don't fit your ideology that is the result of partisan politics destroying our country.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Pro tip. People don't like it when you act like an asshole about NY on a Jets message board.

Asshole.

12. greaser

I'll give you a tip son; NY (the state I was born and raised in) is well known to be a Democrat stronghold. If you take this as an insult I don't blame you but it was not my intention. My guess is you're looking for a reason to be upset anyway.
    Not for nothing but this is a political topic and no two people will agree for the most part on this subject. If it gives you a ogeda to read opposing view points maybe you should stay in the Jets football forum.

#72 greaser, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Big Blocker and Brad always agreed.

Just sayin.

Btw, we don't use the phrase "not for nothing" enough anymore.

_

FJF and greaser like this.
  14. greaser

I give a shit about things so I have convictions. I personally like to hear other people's viewpoints because sometimes, SOMETIMES, that person persuades me.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ogeda used to pitch for the Mets, correct?

Ralebird likes this.
  16. greaser

Yeah, what are the Mets without ogeda after all.
    (says the Jets fan)

17. JStokes

Can you imagine the horror. You're drinking some beers, you're on a placid lake just screwing around, you slump down, you hear a massive crash and you look to your right and your teammates head is hanging off his neck, you look to your left and your other teammates head is rolling around the decking on the boat?

You can never unsee that.

_

18. greaser

Holy shit what????
    Am I missing something Stokes?

19. JStokes

Look it up. Steve Olin. Tim Crews. Bobby Ojeda when they were Cleveland Indians. Lake boating accident.

_

20. JStokes

Lake boating accident at dusk. Booze. Didn't see the dock. Two guys standing, one guy sitting. Two of Ojeda's teammates got their heads nearly ripped off. The dock almost scalped Ojeda but he lived; had nightmares for years.

_