Russian Planes Just Came Really, Really Close to Hitting a US Navy Destroyer

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Apr 14, 2016.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but war is not the answer. Peace is more profitable.

Why are we in the Baltic? Is this part of NATOs plan? Russia has ports there. Let Germany Sweden etc deal with the Ruskies

That said, no offense, but Russians will take your last dime in dealing with them. I would not trust them for a minute

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Someone else dick waving is not a reason to go to war. Stop acting like it is. Not like any of you plan on joining up and fighting if we do.

It was unarmed planes that we knew were unarmed. Who gives a crap? All Russia did was make themselves look dumb to the rest of the world. We'd look even dumber if we attacked them for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

So this is what that shitty country is down to?

Barrel rolls....

5. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

In a conventional war the United States could virtually operate with impunity. There is no combination of foe countries that could withstand naval and air force projection of power capabilities at stand off ranges if deployed at full power (the likes of which you have never seen).
    In covert and asymmetrical warfare I couldn't begin to assess our full strength but I have to imagine we could be much more evenly matched. The edge still goes to the US and I base this solely on the immense resourses that we pour into this sector. Far more than the rest of the world combined.

Secondly, I'd like to counter your 1980s Soviet invasion theory. The Soviets were completely ready for a mass invasion of eastern Europe, hence the need for NATO. They had greater than 6000 T72 and T92 tanks and other mechanized units for an absolutely huge ground invasion.

One thing to take away from this video is the SU 24 and the 1970s technology it has. This is a generation 3 attack fighter that could have easily been handled by the guided missile destroyer.

Lastly, to someone else's point; the reason you do not see Russian naval vessels in the Gulf of Mexico is because the Russian navy is a shell of it's former glory. They can never hope to project such conventional power as they did during the Cuban missile crisis.

6. greaser

One more thing, this is about Moscow knowing full well that our commander in chief is a gutless coward. The same way you taunt a caged gorilla at the zoo they taunt us with obsolete attack aircraft. They bet the entire house that our navy would not do jack shit under the command of Mr. Obama.

Can you blame them? Right in their back yard no less?

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

No one cares about these things except angry teabags...

8. greaser

I understand for you it is trivial. Please allow me to PROVE you wrong on the way the rest of us feel.

USA Today Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International.

"If Congress could pass just one major piece of legislation next year, what would you want it to be: immigration reform; overhaul of the tax code; national security, including terrorism; medical threats, such as Ebola; or job creation?"
    %
    Job creation
    National security
    Immigration reform
    Overhaul tax code
    Medical threats
    Other (vol.)
    Unsure/Refused

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think we should go to war with Russia to validate greaser's beer muscles.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Really now.... A gutless coward? What brings you to that conclusion? Because he ordered the hit on Bin Laden? Because he ordered the kill on those Somali Hijackers? Because he armed the Peshmergas in Syria in spite of Turkish opposition? I'm curious.. Gutless cowards usually don't do things like that...Is this the time to trot out the "our military has been gutted" talking points? Please enlighten us.. Now I'm sure Trump would just cut a deal and make Moscow pay for it OR, Cruz would carpet bomb Moscow to show them who's boss..Kasich would just think it over and Hillary would bore them to death. Bernie would probably take a pass on all of this since it doesn't involve Wall St.

#51 Cman68, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    mute likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm sure the bern would figure out a way to walk it back to wall street.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

You couldn't use a more inappropriate analogy. A caged gorilla? Really? Is that why Obama's sanctions have been completely destroying Putin? The real gutless coward is the pussy KGB agent who kills opposition and puts dummies in place to keep him in power longer.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I still dont understand how people continue to say hes a coward. He made one heck of a bold move giving the order to go after and kill Osama. We went in over night didnt even tell Pakistan , just went in and owned.

Overall Obama doesnt strike me as a coward but a man who doesn't hide and thinks things through.

14. greaser

Only a racist person would ever connect those dots. The thought never crossed my mind. You're reaching anyway as this was not an analogy to Obama. Take you race baiting elsewhere son.

15. greaser

It was a bold move to carry out the previous admistrations work in the hunt for Osama Bin Laden? In what universe is it bold to kill perhaps the most hated man in the American mind?
    Secondly, to remind you of recent events; there was the 'red line' incident, the Iranian navy incident(s), China occupying international waters, Russia invading the Ukraine, pulling out of Iraq before it was stable leaving a power vacuum allowing Isis to take hold, failing to aid Iran's green revolution, allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons....this can go on forever.

16. greaser

Don't be naive. You think this man had the revolutionary idea to kill Bin Laden?
    It laughable that you and Mute hold onto that as the crowning moment of bravery from your hero.

17. abyzmul

Lol who ordered the Navy Seals who "killed" bin Laden to dump him in the ocean?

Come on, C, you're a smart and practical guy. You don't think that whole situation stunk of dogshit just one *little* bit?

But, hey, President Gay Crackhead got to brag about killing the mostest evilest man since Hitler during an election year.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Smart move not setting up a burial site for Jihadists to gather like a shrine. Should have dumped Bin Laden's ass in a pig pit first. A lot of what politicians do stinks but sometimes, the ends justifies the means Byz. You know that man. Bin Laden is dead, the hostages were freed and we're killing ISIS/ALQ leadership semi regularly. Not bad for a coward at all IMO..

Ralebird likes this.
  19. abyzmul

Lol, bin Laden was dead long before Howdy Doody took credit for it. His administration killed a look-alike for his ultimate LOOK TOUGH moment while he spent the rest of his presidential years filling out March Madness brackets and blaming The Message.

greaser likes this.