Rush Limbaugh Bids To Buys The Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by cassie96, Oct 6, 2009.

1. GreenMachine

For the record, the Rams have donated 98% of the time to Democrats.

Politico reported in September that the Rams had given $230,050 to the Democrats, or 98 percent of the franchise's total political donations. That would mean that in 20 years, the Rams have given about $4,600 to Republicans.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/11/week5/4.html#ixzz0TkQE9eIX
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

2. ........

........ Trolls

Aaaand...we have a Sharpton sighting. Just what I always dreamed of. Limbaugh AND Sharpton infiltrating the news for my favorite sport. In season, no less:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4553445

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Al Sharpton, a figure of racial divisiveness, interjecting his opinion on the unity of pro-sports is hysterically hypocritical.

4. ........

........ Trolls

As soon as I saw the initial article on Rush, I knew Al would show up. I hoped against hope that he wouldn't, but it was about as surprising as a gay pride convention at Landshark Stadium.

At this point, I can only hope that the obnoxious hate mongers on either side of the divide cancel each other out. Somehow.

5. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Get used to it because whichever the NFL sides toward, either conservatives or liberals are going to be pissed. The NFL just got dragged into a very heated debate.

Rush and Sharpton suck!!!

I was thinking if there was a black guy who is very controversial and made racist statements against white people and was really left how different this argument would shape. I have a feeling the conservatives would be pissed and liberals would say its his money he can do whatever he wants with it. It seems that not even football can bring republicans and democrats together anymore.

6. illmatic

illmatic New Member

for the record, racist or not he should have the right to buy the team. I personally can't stand the man, & find him to be hypercritical, racist and offensive. And as a black man I can honestly say where has there ever been a time when your belief's are a justifiable criteria to make a purchase? That said if no one wants to work for him I'd applaud them for standing behind their morals and beliefs and not taking money where he's involved. If someone doesn't want to do business due to ones belief's then thats within a persons rights. But to lock out rush due to his reprehensible attitudes towards minorities is wrong and a form of discrimination, he should have the right to bid and if it is in the best interest of the league win the opportunity to own the Rams. Given his voluntarily submitted beliefs its doubtful his presence will be in the best interest of the league but who knows

oh and the fact that sharpton is getting involved is a horrible thing, he brings less credibility and more animosity to a fragile situation.

#66 illmatic, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  7. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

Stephen A Smith on Limbaugh's Rams Bid

w/ Stephen A. Smith discussing Rush's bid to buy Rams.
    This guy gets around. He must have the best agent in the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKg_MP3hNs

sorry if already posted or wrong forum.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This has nothing to do with the Jets at all. We have other forums for this.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Racists aren't allowed to buy things. Duh.

10. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

nope. actually, i collect political memorabilia, so i have a number of items with reagan's portrait on them. i just don't understand defining yourself like that when you're presumably here to connect with fellow fans over football, instead of turning off maybe half of the other fans.

11. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

perfectly said

12. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Cue the Stephen A. Smith sock puppet...

13. ........

........ Trolls

I hate that every time they introduce Vaynerchuk, they describe him as "the world's biggest Jets fan" or "a guy who will one day buy the New York Jets". The day he puts a bid in on the Jets is the day that the fan base revolts.

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKg_MP3hNs[/youtube]

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Stephen A. Smith 100%

15. Sanchize41

Sanchize41 New Member

i hope rush gets through and buys the rams

16. ........

........ Trolls

I wouldn't say 100%. The argument is all well and good that a player would take $20 million to play for Limbaugh over $10 million to play elsewhere, but when it comes down to it, championship teams frequently thrive on veteran players who take a pay cut to play for a contender. He's going to have a tough time attracting free agents on similar contracts.

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

as Rodney Harrison said last night... "There are players in this league who could care less about winning a championship and only care about getting paid. That's how the Raiders are able to sign anyone."

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Smith is absolutely correct and has been proven throughout history. There's plenty of examples of Players putting aside personal beliefs for the almighty dollar. The entire morality thing may be adhered to by a few Black Veterans that already have their money banked away and don't need to take Limbaugh's money but is there that kind of social consciousness with today's young black atheletes? Perhaps but I would suspect more than a few would play the "House Negro" role for Rush. They'll point to the dollar and say that the only color that counts is green.

19. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

dont think im turning off anyone. i wouldnt be turned off if you had a jimmy carter avatar. quite frankly (speaking of Steven A), i could care less.

20. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

This is a ridiculous argument (not just you, I've heard it a couple places, including another post in this thread) because that is not at all what this is about. It's about the NFL protecting it's brand and image. The NFL has every right to reject any team ownership bids made by someone who they feel would reflect poorly on the league, including blatant racists.