RUMOR: Gase ERA over if they lose Sunday.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 26, 2020.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I still don't trust the ownership, man. They have done nothing to warrant that trust either. Until Gase is actually told to clean out his office, I can't shake this feeling of him SOMEHOW returning.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I agree about the ownership, imo it isn't about them, but rather Douglas. I don't think he took our GM job without getting control and the power to make the important decisions. I think his holdout was as much about that as it was getting additional years and money for scouting and personnel. He's a smart guy. He learned the ropes from one of the best GMs in NFL history. He is highly respected around the NFL. I'm certain that he did his homework. He knew how bad the Jets were, how bad Mac had been, knew how clueless the Johnsons were, and wasn't becoming our GM unless they agreed to step back and let him call the shots. He knew he'd have plenty of other opportunities with other NFL teams if they didn't give him that control, and in the meantime he had a good job with the Eagles. He didn't need the Jets job, they needed him.

Snoopdogg likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm a firm believer this to be the case. LOL. I cant wait till next Monday afternoon when you can finally type on the thread the immortal words. "Jet fans...I told you so"
    We can then move on and debate who the next HC will be.

#123 LAJet, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Snoopdogg and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, LA

LAJet likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

May this be a very happy New Years for all Jet fans. The beginning of something good for this team and all the loyal followers. Time to put 2020 in the rear view mirror

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

You're both missing the point. This isn't about Gase, he's gone. It's about the coaching fraternity. In the eyes of other coaches, it's bad form to fire a guy after he just got a win. You want the top of the line coaches to talk to you and hopefully want to come here? Then you don't crap on the guy you have even if he deserves it. Fans are allowed to be douchey, GMs not so much.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

SOURCE: Adam Gase Will Be Fired After the Game Sunday
    We spoke with our Jets source who confirmed that the teams’ recent wins will have no baring on the organizations decision on HC Adam Gase. Gase will still be fired after the game on Sunday.

The organization made its decision weeks ago and began reaching out to the agents of potential candidates. With the team losing out on the #1 pick, the job isn’t as attractive as it was then but it should still be a solid landing spot as the team has the #2 pick, multiple first rounders in the next few years and the second most cap space moving forward.

Our source also told us that no decision about Sam Darnold has been made and the new coach will have a say in what they do at QB.

GM Joe Douglas will lead the search and acting owner Christopher Johnson will sit in on interviews but the final say will be Douglas’.

8. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

What if Gase quits first?

9. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

So when Gase gets fired on Monday, what's the time line then? In terms of getting time to assess players and have meaningful discussion with JD before free agency and the draft in regards to building a roster that both are happy with, what's the latest people are happy with a hire being made?

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He won’t, that would mean forfeiting the rest of the money on his contract

Red Menace and stinkyB like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

A week after the super bowl latest.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Disagree - the entire free world and probably at least a handful of commies is saying "what's taking so long?" Meanwhile, other teams are already interviewing candidates.

I don't want a coach anywhere near here who believes Gase should be coddled.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Come on, guys - this is so blatantly fake. There are at least three hyphen misuses and a spelling error in the first two sentences alone. It may say what you want to hear but that doesn't make it real. Are you all still waiting for PayPal to release those funds to you from that Nigerian prince?

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think the financial pressure is too great to not fire Gase.

If they don't fire him then people will be calling to cancel their season tickets that same day. Many on this board say they would stop following this team altogether (which may or may not be actually true). If Covid is still a thing, I think a lot of people rather not risk being in crowds to watch a terrible product.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am beyond fearful that they are going to keep this buffoon of a head coach. and just go ahead and continue to be the same old jets.

i posted this 3 years ago on my facebook page, i rarely post about the jets on my facebook page because why would any of my friends want to hear me bellyache about how much the jets drive me up a wall but this day i did.

on resigning todd bowles

"No surprise. Guess we need to suck another 2 years before we attempt to get a decent head coach.
    Hopefully woody decides to stay in england and sells the team to another douchey rich guy."

and now here we are 3 years later, in a worse situation, with a worse coach and i am once again ready for the jets to do the wrong fucking thing like they seem to always do. guys love to say well who are you going to replace him with, i hate that question, it doesnt matter who we replace him with if he is shit he needs to go. its irrelevant who we replace him with to the need to fire him.

and it doesnt seem to matter with the jets because they find a way to fuck it up every single fucking time.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Of course I'm biased toward the Jets, but I still think NY is in a better position than Jacksonville (except for taxes now) but with the potential to move to London where the taxes will become astronomical.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Covid situation may put a hold on the Jags move to London for a long time

LAJet likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Covid notwithstanding, if the Jags are ever going to relocate to London on a long term basis (and I don't think they will), then now is the time. The franchise will get a 2/3 year grace period and if TL is what people say he is after that they will be competitive for a long time. There will never be a better chance to establish a franchise in London.

Please enter your NFL conspiracy theories below.

19. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member