Rumor" Eagles interested in trade for Avery Williamson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

What do you think of Cashman and Huff? I like them as solid pieces.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Huff has a good game for sure last week with that big contain play on the reverse. I know nothing about him TBH.

Cashman is meh. A lot of people liked him. He's definitely a good player to have on the roster but I don't really think I'd want him as a starting ILB. Hope I'm wrong and he develops into a nice player.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I agree not a starter--I'm thinking back up and ST--maybe short yardage D.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Douglas wants to re-sign him and Williamson is willing to sign for a reasonable price, then sure, re-sign him, but if Douglas isn't planning on keeping him, then it would be better to get something for him now in a trade, than see him walk and get nothing for him, as I don't think they would get a comp pick for him in 2022 since the Jets will likely be big players in FA.

6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m sure he wants out, or ought to anyway. Don’t know exact age but imagine close to 30, and hasn’t been playing. Go to a winner Avery

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Well neither Cashman or Mosley is a free agent. Mosley’s contract is guaranteed so we have him unless someone is willing to give up a pick for him. So we do have a couple of guys under contract, I figure they can add a draft pick, a cheap vet and a UDFA and see how it goes. If Mosley is traded it will be a little different.

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Anything we can get for anyone at this point is a plus. As much as I love Williamson I'd be shocked if we got more than a 5th for him. Maybe a 4th if we give up a fifth. Time will tell but I'd be ok with it. He's a free agent next year. Don't think he'll be back.

Stevied, apjbfc, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Mosley isn't in my thoughts as a future player. It wouldn't surprise me if he opts out next year too, or can't find that flame he says he needs to rekindle. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires without playing another snap for the jets. That's probably the best thing that could happen with that contract we are carrying for CJ. GET RID OF HIM & HIS CONTRACT.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree...Mosley had a great track record, and it’s not his fault he got injured last year. But I would think a player who just had signed a huge deal and missed all of last year due to injury would be busting at the seams to get back on the field. That’s the kind of player I want.

his decision to opt out was the wrong one. Period. People aren’t dying here...the COVID stuff has been pretty well under control. Other players are playing...why is he above the rest?

I just think it was the wrong call after signing a HUGE deal then getting hurt.

doesn’t look good

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. He quit on his teammates and he quit on us fans. I personally hope to never see him play another down of football for our Jets and would literally trade him for a 7th round pick in order to get his awful contract off the books.

He said he's sitting out because of personal family health concerns? That was nothing more than an excuse in order to quit on his team and sit out for the season.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Mosely, Bell, Adams. 2 years ago we had the beginnings. It says something about the organization that 3 all pro bowl caliber players did not want to be here in such a short period of time.

There's no doubt in my mind the JETS ORGANIZATION does not gas about their players because when you do, players want to stay.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

After watching him miss tackles, be late in coverage today and in other weeks, I'd say do it if you can get a reasonable return.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I agree, wrong decision. Fucked the Jets big time. bring that COVID enthusiasm to the political form and watch the mob try cast you as a racist.

but I agree with your taken on Mosley, youd think the guy would be rearing to go after not playing for a full year. Now it will be 3 years since he’s seen significant snaps, and that was with the Ravens before his deal.

jets better not be big players in FA and they should ship Avery out for a 5th

15. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Looks like Avery may be headed to Pittsburgh, actually.

16. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

If Manish is reporting this, he will be signed to a 20 year extension tomorrow

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to make much sense considering their replacement ILB had a big goal line stop on Derrick Henry last week and a pick six this week. We shall see if this is true. They did get gashed on the edges today though by Dobbins.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

So the basic consensus at this point is that PITT's 5th for Williamson would be acceptable?

19. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Confirmed by Rapoport.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Seems like it’s a done deal.

edit: 7th rounder. Yikes.

#40 GQMartin, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.