RUMOR- derek anderson (rotoworld)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KBJET, Mar 13, 2009.

1. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

I would be on board for a forth rounder, a third might be too much, I am on the fence about it, 2nd or above that, no thanks.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think i'll pass on Derek Anderson.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bubby Brister hasn't had a chance under center here either and has had "some kind of success" in this league, so maybe we should bring him in too?

Look, I understand your concern, but really, Derek Anderson? Cutler, on the other hand, might cause me to do a complete about face.

I'm scared too, but here's the way I see it. I'm not sure you've ever been to TC, but if you have, then you would have seen how relatively little time some of these guys get behind the 1st team in 11-on-11's. There are plenty of other drills, but their time is pretty well broken up and before you know it, TC is over and it's on to meaningless Preseason games, half of which are manned by camp fodder and walk-ins trying to make the team before the last cut. I want to see Clemens and Ratty get plenty of time with the 1st Team at TC.

Unless we're talking about bringing in a known commodity (Cutler) for example, I'm through with the experiments. The truth is, we just haven't groomed a "franchise QB" yet. We waste beaucoup time with Pennington, with Jay Feely screwing around in the background, then more time with Pennington, then the Favre fiasco.

I think FAR too much emphasis is placed on the QBs anyway, win or lose. They get way too much credit for a great season and way too much criticism for a lousy one. Good TEAMS win championships, not good QBs. Bad TEAMS lose games, not bad QBs. Sounds like Parcells-isms, I know, but it's true.

Surround Clemens and/or Ratliff with good talent and let them rip. Both have a good arm (I really like Ratty over Clemens, but that's not the way it'll go down, I don't think), but both have to have many, many reps in camp and I think either one will be fine. Clemens has the edge over Ratty only because he's been around a bit longer and studied under both Penny and Favre... a great learning experience for him.

Bringing in a Derek Anderson or anyone else with "some kind of success" isn't necessary because if that's what you want in a QB, we already have two who at least fit that bill and at most are diamonds on the rough that can develope into much more than a QB with "some kind of success."

But as I say, way too much emphasis on the QB anyway. Give Clemens a damned good running attack and an O-line that shoves people around and give him a couple of good WR's and a TE like Keller to throw to and you're going to find that all of a sudden, 'Holy Shit," this kid's not so bad!

4. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Id much rather prefer Brady Quinn over Derek Anderson if any deal was made with Cleveland.

5. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

Well obviously, but we'd have to give up much more.

6. GreenMachine

I agree..even though Quinn seems like a major douche, I would rather take a chance on him. Plus, Mankok has said it dislikes him, so it would be cheaper.

7. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

give me Leftwich over Anderson anyday, so we don't have to give up picks and get a guy who can launch the ball. Leftwich looked good this year when he came in.

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Mangini must dislike everybody on the Browns team. It's obvious he doesn't like Shaun Rogers as a person and he said he doesn't like Quinn. I'm no NFL coach, but this doesn't seem to be the way to go in your first year as a Head Coach of a new team. I guess he did the same shit in NY with Chris Baker and Pete Kendall, but they were both arguing over contracts. What the F is he doing??

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Offer him a 5th round pick and Bryan Thomas for Brady Quinn. Then draft the best WR available when we pick.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Traded manboobs brad smith and a 5th! He has such man love for the non wr/qb/rb he will bite our hands off

11. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

You really think thats going to get you Quinn?

12. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

Yeah, kellen Clemons and DA are both from Oregon and played against each other in High school I believe.

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

"Accuracy issues aside?" What league do you think the Jets play in?

14. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

No thanks. In Anderson's "very good" year he only completed 56% percent of his passes, threw 19 interceptions, and laid an absolute egg at Cincinnati to cost Cleveland the Playoffs.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Oh cool. Anderson and Clemens can have a "shit the bed" contest in TC while Ratliff takes the starting job with ease...

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, as if accuracy does not matter that much.

He can throw it like hell, just way out of reach.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thanks man for a great reply! as much as i dont want to see it happen the fact is that we may end up seeing exactly this situation happen. hopefully and its a huge hope one of these guys can show that they are real life nfl qbs.

18. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

How about a F-No, a H*ll No, and Id rather us get Jim plunkett out or retirement then this guy? A BIG Helluva Wallmart Bag of NO!:drunk:

19. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

Ratliff or Clemens are better options than Anderson