RUMOR- derek anderson (rotoworld)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KBJET, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

When Braylon Edwards was catching his bombs, he looked like an alrite quarterback. We don't have anybody on our roster that could do that and with his piss poor accuracy he could not manage games for us

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems that way. I'll wait for it to be reported from a more trustworthy source before I take it seriously.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Since Jets brass is not sure whether the three young QBs they have suck or not, they should trade their picks for a QB that is proven to suck, eh? I like that mentality.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

LOL. Well, to be fair, he had one really good year followed by one very poor one. I don't think it's fair to say he "sucks". (Although he did "suck" last season) Having said that, I'm not a believer in Derek Anderson and I really don't want the Jets to go near him unless it's for a 5th round pick or less.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

now i am no fan of derek anderson. however i have to ask how some of you can sit here and talk about how terrible he is and then come back in the next sentence and talk about how we need to give kc a chance. kc had a chance, he truely sucked. anderson had a chance and went to the pro bowl but he sucks? wow thats almost as absurd as the thought process that gholston will be starting this year and be good.

some people are so fuckin irrational it is scary.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

You will not find a QB in the second round as good as Anderson,

with that said, I would be excited to get him and his arm for a 3rd round this year and a conditional 3rd to 7th round pick next year.

A 3rd being he can get us in the playoffs and himself named to the probowl again.

A 7th being he only keeps the bench warm and the other boys looking over their shoulder.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm all for picking him up and having 4 QBs competing for the starting position. If Clemens loses out to an incoming QB after knowing the entire offense then we'll know he's truly not the answer.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd do it for a 5th, which we don't have anyway. Oh well..

9. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

how could everyone be so "hell no" about this. he would come very cheap and wasnt me a probowler 2 years ago. i know that doesnt mean much but he played fairly good. last year wasnt really his fault. he has a team that was hurt around him and not to mention he went down with an injury too

10. doug4563

doug4563 Active Member

Makes sense to do it for a late rounder 5th or above. I think it makes sense to have a veteran come in and challenge for the spot. Only problem would be having four QBs in camp and needing to cut one at the end of the summer. It seems that both the previous and current coaching staffs see something in the three QBs on the roster. There is a reason Mangini carried four QBs for most of the season until they IR'ed Ainge

11. Graytness

Graytness Member

In no way, shape, or form would I be a fan of this move. He had one good year...and that's all I expect him to have. He wouldn't be any more of a long term solution than the guys we've got right now.

12. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

KC did not have a chance. If Jesus Christ played QB behind that O-Line, he would have led the league in 'Times Sacked'.

But he would have forgiven the them.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Two words.

Scott Mitchell.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Please mention all the pro bowlers Anderson played behind.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Anderson is not a proven "sucks" type of QB. He had an excellent year and BAD year. KC had a terrible year and thats all. Are you saying KC is the long term answer or are you saying KC would be the better long term answer than DA? With a good OL, QB play flourishes and I believe it will be the same for DA. He played hurt last yr and still managed a better td to int ratio. As for KC, he went 1 td to 2 ints.

I don't know what we have in KC. The few passes he threw last yr looked decent. The int wasn't his fault though and should have been a TD. Im hoping he pans out good this year. He wasn't able to beat out Chad at any point in his career but Chad was good QB injuries aside.

If we are to get the 07 KC, I would rather DA. 08 DA >>> 07 KC. 07 DA >>> 07 Chad, KC, and about 20 other starting QBs in the NFL

#55 Jets n Boys, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

*flourishes

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

wrong choice of word...my bad.

18. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

Anderson is horribly inaccurate and is a very poor decision maker.

Other than that of course, sure.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Because Clemens and Ratty have never had a legitimate shot behind this O-line and we never had a chance to truly evaluate either one of them.

Now, bringing in HOFer Brett Favre last year was enough of a legitimate reason to justify setting back their development for a year, but I'll be damned if I want to do it again this year with a marginal, mediocre QB muddying up the position and gobbing up useless, time-wasting snaps with the 1st team at TC.

Enough is enough. Let our two young guys play now and take all the snaps they can get at TC. It even gives Ainge a chance to prove something with a few snaps too... then rotate all 3 in Preseason games to showcase their skills. We're never going to know what we have unless we give them a decent shot under center behind the current line.

Rotating a constant treadmill of half washed-up QBs through the system is not the answer. Screw that and screw Derek Anderson.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sect i have never had a chance behind this line either does that mean i should be given the job?

i am just scared that neither of these guys is the answer and we sit here waiting to have another 4-12 season because we cant throw the ball more than 5 yards without turning it over. i am not and will not be in any way shape or form comfortable with the qb situation until we have someone anyone who has had some kind of success in the league.