Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 5, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Same place you read they were going 1-15 or 3-13 last year.

They went 2-14, absolutely nailed it with 1000 percent accuracy. And let us not forget the prediction of 2 defensive oriented coaches, with great defensive pedigrees, coming into their NBA and NFL HC gigs and having top 5 defense.

Nostradamus like.

#661 JackBower, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    barfolomew, ConcordeChops and abyzmul like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If that wasn't a cut and paste, it was a really nice piece of work.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

A pretty candid acknowledgement by the Jets FO that we do not expect to win many games or be competitive especially early in the year. But, one when a team is starting 8 rookie players they should not be expecting many wins. I do like the approach and I do like the honesty.

This year is all about getting young players reps and developing young players not wins. That is a pretty ballsy approach after the last 10 years. But, I commend them for not going for another quick fix and trying to win games at the expense of the future. I don't know if it will work. But, I love the approach.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Last I read he was coming back week 2, hopefully it’s true.

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think I would of signed yeboah instead of griffin, but maybe they think he is not ready, Would rather give him some play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

First off I joking with the "go fuck yourself comment".

Second, I think it's funny that the fans are being told to be patient when we have the longest playoff drought in the NFL - twice as long as the next team. Most fans realize this is going to be another punt. It's all about development of our young players, again. It would be nice to see some winning.

blackssmagic, ouchy and barfolomew like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was joking as well, no worries. The thing about the drought is that the Bobbsy Twins Woody and Chris know how impatient the fan base is specifically because of the drought so they have opted not to rebuild over and over again and in effect made the drought longer.

This has been a long time coming and is not what people want to see after 2-14 but I think it's going to pay off in spades.

ouchy, bicketybam, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I like Kroft and think he was a solid addition this offseason but I really struggle with the rest of that group.

I don't expect anything from Griffin or Daniel Brown at this point so we're essentially banking on Kroft to be out only capable TE on the roster. Now, if we go into the season with a 1-2 punch of Ertz-Kroft, that sounds a lot better to me.

tomdeb, barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

i agree, we need to make more moves than just Kroft.

I do not think Ertz is a realistic possibility. I have been reading a lot about this lately and seeing his quote on retiring in Philly, I really do not see them trading him.

barfolomew, NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Interesting. Dude’s had some personal struggles and is coming off of a torn ACL and LCL in 2019 and didn’t seem to get healthy in time for last season. He’s only 27 and was very talented coming out of Bama. Maybe Saleh thinks he can work with him.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It’s the NY Post. A tabloid where you read crappy sports one liners ass backwards. Too bad there is no pre programmed ignore bottom for their stuff

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

3 final thoughts on this week:

1. I gotta believe there was a better TE available on the waiver wire than Griffin or Brown. I think BOTH of them are a waste of a roster spot, and I think Brown is so vastly overrated on special teams. Yeboah is even better than either so what the hell is Douglas thinking?

2. The release of Austin was a surprise, but not really. Since Austin was drafted, I have read that Austin has talked a lot about himself and how good he is/will be. However, like Chris Herndon, Austin seemed to take a lot of plays off--like when Austin got burned by the Steelers in 2019 for a TD right before the half. Austin was benched the second half and the next week and did nothing but pout about it. I believe Douglas saw Austin as a guy overly impressed with himself, but had yet to really deliver the mail. Did Austin ever have an INT?

3. I am surprised also Douglas did not look as a backup offensive guard on the waiver wire. Probably not much there, but with Clark hurt and Lewis retiring I saw the need. From what I've read and watched, Feeney so far stinks as a jet, and is not missed in LA. Douglas, the old OL himself, gave Feeney a large signing bonus and apparently does not have the balls to admit the error and cut Feeney ,even though he hasn't shown squat this spring/summer. Douglas is 100 times better than MacCagnan as GM, but I think it is fair for us to question a few of his moves (or lack of moves) this week.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Not sure what to think of this. He does not look like a Douglas type player but he has Talent and Saleh should have a good idea what he is like.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We're pretty thin at LB with the Davis injury. If Saleh thinks he can work with him and get some production out of him, I could see us taking a swing.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I seem to remember him being touted as the best player in the draft early in the process by some. I've no problem taking a look but he's done squat since College and really doesn't seem to be a JD guy. But Saleh should know him better than anyone.

Noam, KY Jets Fan and Sack exchange like this.
  17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

This is interesting, he he has anything left. He was a beast when healthy. Really liked him coming out of college. Thought he was top 10 pick at the time. And of course wanted the jets to take him. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Not really sure I've heard any Lamarcus Joyner chatter this summer. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Guess time will tell.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

That’s literally the only thing I can remember. He was talked up like a generational prospect who would be selected in the Top 5 and then slid almost to the second round. I can’t remember if there was some Tunsil-gasmask type news story or whether it was just early hype fading. Maybe this is a worthwhile reclamation project.

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If memory serves, I believe there was a failed drug test or something similar that came up around the Combine which caused him to slide to the end of the first round.