Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Hey of course we can discuss it, its what we do, lol. All I'm saying is with some of these deals we have no idea how to realistically decide if a player swap is good or sucks. I admit, I wouldnt recognize these guys if they sat next to me.

I was with you, wanted to give Polite a shot to show those who though he had talent and promise were at least somewhat right. Unfortunately, even though i think the Jets would have given him a chance to do so, he was such a braindead knucklehead he sealed his own fate.

K'OB likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just to clarify I didn't think Polite was the one busting his balls but Burnett, it may have read like Polite on a read back lol

LF911SC likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They asked Gase about cutting Polite at his news conference and it was a classic Gase answer!

Gase lurched forward like he was distracted or confused? And then mumbled “idk. I haven’t really thought about that”

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I have to say, I really like Gase as a coach so far. He's a nice balance between the over the top rex and the nighttime cold medicine that was bowles. Also happy to have an offensive minded head coach who actually holds players responsible. Now lets see if he can get results this season which is the ultimate test. how many Ws we get and how well the offense runs

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

LOL, I was responding the whole time not sure if I had the right buy

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/4/20850535/jets-sign-wr-josh-malone-to-practice-squad

Jets Sign WR Josh Malone To Practice Squad

By MacGregor Wells Sep 4, 2019, 11:27pm EDT

[​IMG]Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images

The New York Jets have signed former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Josh Malone to the practice squad. The signing brings the Jets practice squad to the maximum eleven players, including the special International Pathways slot for Valentine Holmes.

Josh Malone is a 23 year old, 6’ 3”, 208 pound wide receiver out of the University of Tennessee. Malone was originally drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals with the 128th overall selection in the 2017 NFL draft. He spent the last two seasons with the Bengals without making much of a mark.

In 2017 Malone played in 11 games and had six receptions on 17 targets for 63 yards and one touchdown. In 2018 Malone struggled with a hamstring injury much of the year. He was limited to nine games and had just one reception on five targets for 12 yards. Malone had a good pre-season for the Bengals this year, amassing seven receptions for 101 yards and one touchdown, but the Bengals chose to move on and cut him.

Malone is a classic height weight speed project, raw but with interesting measurables. He ran a 4.40 forty yard dash at the NFL combine, an impressive time for his size. In college Malone was primarily a vertical threat, averaging an impressive 19.5 yards per reception for his 50 receptions his final season.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it seems like they may have been too fast to cut bertolet.

he actually had a better kicking record this year than the guy claimed off waiver from the vikings.

after giving up a 5th to get him, the vikes cut him. that was a warning sign if i ever saw one.

The Dark Knight likes this.