Roster Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Exactly worth a look with our present depth at wr

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s whether or not we want to take a look, it’s probably more does Thomas want anything to do with a team that isn’t contending? I mean I hate the Pats but if you can play with the champs catching passes from Brady next to Edelman, Gordon and half the time James White then you probably go with that option.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There’s no way we go this week without adding a wr. There is nothing past our top 3 right now. Bellamy and Dortch are not viable answers if anyone gets injured.
    I’d like to look a doctson also

Mr mittens likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

Doctson or Treadwell work for me but considering Gase likes the shifty quick guys (signed Crowder and wanted to draft Mecole on top of it) I can see us going after a system fit more than a roster fit.

FJF likes this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Very true also. I was thinking about him more if the Pats had no interest in bringing him back, but apparently they do.

I was very surprised Burnett & Thompson were let go. Peake too more so for his ST play, because hasn't made it work in the WR rotation to this point. Priority for this week is definitely CB & WR.

6. BroadwayAaron

Forgot to add to my last post I could easily see us just hoping for Burnett to clear waivers then bringing him back to the practice squad and rolling with the 5 we have...

7. FJF

That’s a very good point. Ty and lev bell give us a lot of roster flexibility.

8. BroadwayAaron

Yup. I heard in the broadcast Thursday night that they are going to have Montgomery line up some at TE while Herndon is out. He can play all three skill positions so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we roll with what we have. I don’t agree with it even a little bit but it wouldn’t surprise me.

9. FJF

I’d feel better with 6 , preferably a young guy who projects to a wr1-2. I guess the thinking here is you’re only going to dress 5 anyway.

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

4 claims

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I think John Franklin is a DB cut by the Bears. He's the only John Franklin cut yesterday.

[Edit] Nope...it's John Franklin-Myers from Rams. He's not actually listed on the NFL.com list of cuts though.

#71 themorey, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Life can be disappointing sometimes.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Info on John Franklin III:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Franklin_III

John Franklin III
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Franklin III
    No. 37 – Chicago Bears
    Position:
    Cornerback
    Personal information
    Born:
    September 21, 1994 (age 24)
    Plantation, Florida
    Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
    Weight: 186 lb (84 kg)
    Career information
    High school:
    South Plantation
    (Plantation, Florida)
    College: Florida State
    East Mississippi
    Auburn
    Florida Atlantic
    Undrafted: 2018
    Career history
    * Offseason and/or practice squad member only

Roster status:
    Active
    Career highlights and awards
    Career NFL statistics
    Player stats at NFL.com

John Franklin III (born September 21, 1994) is an American football cornerback for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He played college football for Florida State, Auburn and Florida Atlantic. He also played junior college football for East Mississippi, where he was featured prominently in the first season of Last Chance U. He was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2018.

Contents
    College career[edit]
    Before college, Franklin attended South Plantation High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.[1] Franklin redshirted the 2013 season while playing for the Florida State Seminoles.[2] The Seminoles won the 2014 BCS National Championship Game against the Auburn Tigers. He was the scout team quarterback mostly used to mirror what the Noles would deal with in Nick Marshall.[3] Franklin saw limited action in 2014. He was a member of ACC champion 4×100 relay team at Florida State.[4]

Franklin transferred to East Mississippi Community College after the 2014 season.[5] At East Mississippi, Franklin served mostly as a backup quarterback to Wyatt Roberts, as the Lions won the MACJC North title. On October 22, 2015, Franklin scored six rushing touchdowns and one passing touchdown against Mississippi Delta, before the game was called off after a brawl broke out between both sides.[6] The 2015 football season was documented in the Netflix series Last Chance U in 2016.[7]

After the season, Franklin enrolled at Auburn, where he had started one game.[8] On March 8, 2017, ESPN reported he was moving to wide receiver for the 2017 season.[9] On August 15, 2017, he transferred to FAU to play for Lane Kiffin as a graduate transfer.[10]

Professional career[edit]
    After going undrafted in the 2018 NFL Draft, Franklin attended the Chicago Bears rookie mini camp on a tryout basis as a defensive back.[11] On May 14, 2018, Franklin was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent.[12] On September 1, 2018, he was waived by the Bears.[13] He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 27, but was released later that day.[14] Two months later, on November 24, he returned to Chicago's practice squad.[15] He signed a reserve/future contract with the Bears on January 8, 2019.[16]

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This is just speculation with hilarious rationale but...

15. NCJetsfan

Info on Bennett Jackson:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...ve-great-stories-and-made-great-interceptions

Jackson, who was drafted in 2014 and has yet to play in a regular-season game, made one of the most impressive defensive plays in Baltimore’s shutout with a nifty interception.

A Notre Dame product, Jackson was drafted by the New York Giants in the sixth round in 2014. He didn’t make the team out of camp, signed to the practice squad, then suffered a major knee injury while jogging in an early-season practice, which required microfracture surgery.

Jackson moved to safety the following year and was, miraculously, in position to be the team’s starter. Then he tore his ACL late in the fourth quarter of the Giants’ second preseason game.

He came back again in 2016, but the injuries were bothering him. The Giants cut him in training camp, and this time they didn’t ask him to come back.

Jackson spent more than a year out of football, just working out and waiting for somebody to give him a chance, before the Ravens signed him a few days after the 2017 season ended. A sports hernia at about this time last year ended his season once again.

“You’ve got to take life when it comes at you,” Jackson said. “I’ve been frustrated. You’re always going to be frustrated about something. You just have to take the negatives and make them positives. Whenever a bad situation comes, I just look at what’s next now.”

Jackson’s interception was just another example in his playmaking ability. Since he landed with the Ravens, he’s been a practice standout, always seemingly around the ball. But at nearly 28 years old and without any regular-season stats on his resume, it’s hard for Jackson to sell himself as an NFL playmaker.

“A lot of times people forget,” he said. “You’ve got to remind people. This is a production league. I would love to make the team. That’s the whole goal. But just work the next day. If you focus on that and continue to work toward that, good things are going to happen.”

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/

16. NCJetsfan

I hope that Douglas is right. None of these seem like even a good addition to me.

17. NCJetsfan

Info on Braxton Berrios:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braxton_Berrios

Braxton Berrios
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
    Braxton Berrios
    New York Jets
    Position:
    Wide receiver
    Personal information
    Born:
    October 6, 1995 (age 23)
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
    Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)
    Career information
    High school:
    Leesville Road
    (Raleigh, North Carolina)
    College: Miami (FL)
    NFL Draft: 2018 / Round: 6 / Pick: 210
    Career history
    * Offseason and/or practice squad member only
    Career highlights and awards
    Career NFL statistics as of 2018
    Receptions:
    Receiving yards: 0
    Receiving Touchdowns: 0
    Player stats at NFL.com
    Braxton Berrios
    (born October 6, 1995) is an American football wide receiver for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Miami.

Contents
    College career[edit]
    Berrios was a four-star wide receiver from Leesville Road, Raleigh, North Carolina. He committed to Miami over Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon and many other power 5 schools.[1] Berrios played as a true freshman, finishing the season with 21 catches for 232 yards and 3 touchdowns.[2] In 2017, Berrios caught two touchdown passes against Florida State to help beat the Seminoles for the first time since 2009.[3]

College statistics[edit]
    Receiving
    Year
    Team GP Rec Yds TDs
    2014 Miami 11 21 232 3
    2015 Miami 11 12 86 0
    2016 Miami 11 12 178 2
    2017 Miami 12 51 625 9
    College Totals 45 96 1,121 14
    Professional career[edit]
    Pre-draft measurables
    Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
    5 ft 9 in
    (1.75 m) 184 lb
    (83 kg) 28 in
    (0.71 m) 9 in
    (0.23 m) 4.44 s 1.58 s 2.59 s 4.18 s 6.72 s 36 in
    (0.91 m) 9 ft 2 in
    (2.79 m) 11 reps
    All values from NFL Combine/Miami's Pro Day[4][5]
    New England Patriots[edit]
    Berrios was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (210th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.[6] On September 1, 2018, Berrios was placed on injured reserve.[7] The Patriots reached Super Bowl LIII where they beat the Los Angeles Rams with a score of 13-3, Berrios did not play in the game. He was waived during final roster cuts on August 30, 2019.[8]

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

19. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Wrong player. We got the DL from rams.

20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Giving up draft picks for him is idiotic. Thankfully we didn't do that. But this guy is not an NFL kicker. And I doubt he will be for us when the season starts in a few days