Rosen to the Dolphins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 26, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I agree.
    Smart guy, good offensive mind, but as a HC he needs to find a way to inspire and unite a team of 53.

Antoni likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is literally shocking, but better to say that than just give it to Rosen, I guess? No, it is just bad. For many months I thought Rosen had a great chance of becoming the Jets QB. And I was fine with it. Looks like the Jets dodged a bullet and got really lucky with how the Browns and Giants drafted. Still way too early to give up on Rosen or consider him a bust, but clearly things are not going his way. Getting traded 1 year after being the 10th overall pick is not a great sign.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not shocking at all...... Fitzpatrick has been around for how long? Dude's a Harvard braniac seen about everything.... So to start training camp I'd sure expect him to have a better handle of a new playbook / scenery (dude's come off the bench for like 10 teams) We all know what his ceiling is and that's what becomes his demise.

FJF likes this.
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wait, Fitz is winning the job WITHOUT his competition getting injured or punched in the face? Are we in the twilight zone?

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Already traded and now he is currently losing the job to Fitz. At the time of the draft I remember the "experts" had him up there will Darnold. So glad the Jets got Sam. Hopefully Rosen turns out to be a bust as that will hurt the Fish going forward.

joe likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've had a bad feeling about Rosen getting traded there since it happened.

It's the classic low risk-high reward type deal.

I read Fitzpatrick looked good in offseason practices it was his job to lose and he's not losing it so far.

Rosen's time will come it's inevitable. Then it'll be cross your fingers time.

Just the Jets luck we finally get a top QB prospect and two other teams in our division get top QB prospects in the same draft. Now they'll be blocking each other's path twice a year for years to come.

Gotta hope it works out best for the Jets this time.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Allen and rosen suck so far. I'm not concerned about either of them at all. Rosen was so bad, he was traded by the team that drafted him in the first round one year later.

Allen isnt even remotely ready to be a big time QB. We got arguably the best QB prospect of the next 5 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Definitely not looking good for Rosen but I think Allen is going to be a good QB. I do think Darnold is better but Allen will be good. He should have sat last season and watched but couldn't because their QB situation was so messed up. He had no weapons on offense with the exception of McCoy who had a tough season running behind a horrible OL. This year will tell a lot since they have rebuilt their OL and have given him some weapons at WR. I think both Darnold and Allen show big improvement this season.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

Allen doesn't suck... who knows how good he will be and if he can take the next step. But he doesn't suck. He had a very similar year to Darnold and even made plays that Darnold didn't. Darnold played more controlled, so by and large they are neck and neck going into 2019

week 1 will be very interesting

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If things go right for both teams it will be an interesting 12-15 years.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I don't see it. Allen isn't that good. Once teams take his running away he was awful. He was always a project with a big arm.

13. BrowningNagle

teams didn't take his running away though

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/josh-allen-qb-sam-darnold.php

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02/gamelog/2018/

His running saved him. When teams took his running away he struggled, and sometimes he was so bad, teams didn't have to to win.

There is something to be said about passing the eyeball test and he doesn't pass it. Don't let him pull a Geno Smith and your see him play one good last game if the season and annoint him.

15. BrowningNagle

I'm not anointing him. I simply said he doesn't suck

I actually hope that he does suck. Cause fuck the bills. But I don't think he does

zace likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

His running was a legit weapon tho, which shouldn't be dismissed.
    And to take away that run threat, you have to stack the box and he's shown he can deliver the big strike downfield.

To me, he passed the eyeball test and showed that he belonged in this league.
    Still a project, but being thrust into a terrible situation too early, he still managed to show that much.

17. BacktoQueens

It's not shocking at all that Fitz is gonna win this job.
    He's got experience in spades over Rosen, and when he's on his game he's as good as anyone.
    The problem stems when he's off his game. ;)

I just hope Rosen is the starter when we play the fish.
    He'd pump up all our defensive stats!

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I think when all is said and done the two QBs that were taken in the top 3 will be the ones people will talk about. The rest will be average at best.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

abyzmul and forevercursed like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rosen is pretty much broken at this stage. Rookie year, they didn't teach him any fundamentals. Pretty much a victim of a potentially good player stuck with bad teams, coaches.

Both teams had no offensive line, no weapons, etc. Sucks for him but thats the NFL.