Rookie Camp Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rockyusmc2003, May 8, 2015.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'll never understand how a kid's sophomore year is better than his junior year without injury. Its not that rare either. Granted, there may be an absence of a dramatic improvement in year 2 after a solid year 1 which creates the impression of a "down year". But I like this kid, - particularly as an UDFA when he was a 5th (some cases 4th) round projection. I think his draft dropoff was due to the dreaded "limited athletic ability" tag from the vertical & 40 at both combine and pro workouts.

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one. But then taking Dexter McDougle in the 2014 3rd round when he was a projected 6th sealed his fate with me.
    To me, - it spoke volumes during FA what the current FO thought about the JETS secondary when they handed out significant paychecks to 3 CBs.........and that includes Milliner.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah I watched him a lot and I never saw a limited athlete.

Big, rangy, hitting ballhawk. Actually looked fluid to me.

I'm glad we signed him.

_

jetsons likes this.
  4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sometimes guys who played like beasts their first two years are just trying to avoid injury in their junior year and head to the NFL. I'm not saying I endorse it, but that has definitely been out there for a long time regarding blue chip players. Most recently Clowney comes to mind.