Roller coaster of emotion for me today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Jan 17, 2010.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

This past Thursday I received a call from my mother, who told me that my Grandmother had passed away at 95 years of age. She had lived a great long life and had plenty of family who loved her.

Though I had been riding high all week after the Jets upset the Bengals, this was extremely depressing news for me as she was my last living Grandparent. She knew how much I loved the Jets, and I can even remember that for my 10th birthday she got me a Jets sweatshirt and Jets sweatpants.

The funeral was this morning, it was a beautiful ceremony and so many people came to pay their respect that the funeral home had to bring in extra chairs. After a long day of mourning I got home at 4:45, just in time to see the first drive of the Jets game, though I was watching with a very heavy heart.

Needless to say you all know how the game turned out and once it was over I couldn't help but feel that there was someone up there watching out over me. Normally I wouldn't be one to believe in divine activity but this win felt very special and certainly has extra meaning for me. I love my Grandma and will miss her very much.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good post man. RIP to your Grandmother.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I can relate as I have a family member who is ailing this week and might not make it through the week, which has taken a huge toll on my father, and emotionally it was great to get that jets win, it was very cathartic and it honestly made things a little easier as silly as that might sound. It was good to see my old man's mood uplifted.

4. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

Sorry for your loss, hopefully the win picked your spirits up a little today

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Nice post. Sorry for your loss, hope the game makes you feel a bit better.

6. NYRfan1013

NYRfan1013 New Member

Sorry for your loss.. This game had to make you feel a little better!

7. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

8. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

My Condolences .... I felt the same way when I was watching the game and the first couple of drives when we stalled I was like dam its going to be a typical ending where we give the other team to many shots and they score and keep scoring. But this is a new era where we might start having confidence when we are down that we are going to come back and win it.

9. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Wow, that's quite a story. I'm glad some joy can be mixed in with the sadness

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this is odd becuase I've had a ton of emotions going on recently with a loved one...

RIP to your grandmother

11. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Thanks alot guys... I really appreciate it. I remember joining this board 7 years ago to bitch about Coles signing with the Redskins and tonight's win really puts all those years into perspective. For the first time in a long time the Jets are helping me work through pain rather than cause more of it.

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

also think of what woody johnson is going through right now too. I know its just "a game" but im sure its making things a little bit easier, a little silver lining in all the distress.

13. ........

........ Trolls

My condolences. I lost my grandmother last year at 91, and it truly doesn't get easier just because she was older. At least you know your grandmother truly loved you. If she hadn't, she would have bought you a Dolphins jersey.