Robert Saleh?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually I thought that was part of the reason LaFleur has been working from the sidelines instead of the box to better enable communication with both the players and Saleh.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if they did speak, and Zach just didn't settle down.

Sad as it is to say, I hope Saleh’s desire to treat people like adults doesn’t hold the team back.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Gotta wonder just how steep his learning curve is going to be. Same for LeFleur and the rest of the organization including JD. This is what too much "new" is mixed into a organization needing stability above all else. JD is halfway thru his 6 year deal. He's great at saving money, not so great at drafting. Nobody on the staff has ever sat in the big chair so everyone is learning OJT.

Perhaps the light bulb comes on by the end of JD's first contract. If not, the Johnsons might just give him another 6 year deal so that takes the curve out to 2031. If we son't see any improvement over the next 10 years, I'm done. As it is, if its possible to be a fan without being a fanatic, that's the space I'm in now. Potential means it hasn't actually been done yet. I need to see progress, not hear excuses.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

when does Douglas' contract run out? He is generally liked by Jets fans but he still hasn't won anything. Have to think he has to start winning soon if he wants an extension

5. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

So you guys think the OC scratches players? Ok.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I see a smart coach who just lacks experience right now. We could easily be 2-0.

7. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Not sure, but he clearly had no trouble finding the time at least 6 times after the 1st one.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether it is a field goal or going for it on 4th down, you need to execute. Based on how the qb was playing, there was a good chance they don't convert that. The field goal kicker was the lesser of two evils there.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

If message boards were around in the 80's there would be 100 posts titled Fire Parcells after year 1. Hell some of you probably wanted him fired for the Leon Johnson play. I know we're starved for a winner, but some of you guys are insanely impatient.

MoWilkBeast, FJF, Noam and 2 others like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! Hopefully, it's just a rookie thing with Saleh, and not that he doesn't want to step on his friend's (LaFleur) toes. Saleh needs to be the HC, the leader. He also could have balked at LaFleur's game plan. Letting Zach go and be aggressive in his first game vs Belichick wasn't wise. The wiser course of action would have been having Zach doing the same kinds of things that Belichick had Jones doing, i.e., quick passes, short passes getting Zach into a rhythm, the offense moving the ball, keeping NE's offense off the field, lulling them to sleep and then if the opportunity presented itself taking a big swing and catching NE flat-footed. If not, stick with the game plan.

Hopefully, LaFleur will learn as well, but if not, I hope that Saleh will put the team and its success, and his own job over friendship.

westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I'm sure that JD knew and informed the Johnsons what so much "new" meant to this season. The thing is, it won't be so much "new" next season. Players and coaches will have a year together, learning the systems, learning each other, growing together. If Knapp hadn't died, all the "new" on offense would have been balanced and guided by Knapps years of experience.

I totally disagree with your comment that JD isn't so great at drafting.

12. NCJetsfan

I posted an article a week or so ago by a Jets beat reporter, I think, that said that the position coach is usually the one that has control over who is active, who isn't, and what the pecking order is. Is accurate, then it isn't the OC or the HC, which is surprising to me.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was on the verge of losing his job when they offered it to a college HC at end of his first year. Only reason he kept it is because college HC turned it down.

Following season he reinstated Simms as starting QB and rest is history.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Apples and oranges, Red. cmcm750203 was talking about Parcells with the Jets, you're talking about Parcells with the Giants.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You sure about that? He said if message board were around in 80s.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And the standouts from the 2020 class are?

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hall has played well from what I've seen the first 2 games. But, I agree with the overall point. Something tells me the 2021 class will show more promise by season's end than 2020's did last year. It appeared as if the CS and FO were working together this year.

Red Menace and Cman68 like this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks NC, if you watch what they are doing to Sam, that is exactly the prescription because their OL sucks worse then ours and they figure SAM needs to be coached up big time... anyway it seems to be working cause the team is 2-0, and he just posted 100 QBR rating.

also, lets hope your right about the rookie things... we'll see,

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Becton could easily be. Davis still could be. Mann is very good. Mims could be very good. It hasn't been 3 years. Also, you're leaving out the 2021 draft.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This team has to start winning next year .