Robert Saleh?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It does seem that way, but if OC is not doing well, HC shares the blame as well. It's not like Gase who was basically glorified OC and GW was the HC of defense. So far offensive coaching is similar to Gase era, and there is plenty of blame to go around for that - including both OC and HC.

SOJAZ, Ralebird and cmcm750203 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The HC is ok but has to take charge here

Making Wilson throw a strike 10 yards down the field when it's 3rd and 2 made no sense to me

Give the kid some dinks and dunks and continue the good running game we had going

LaFleur should see what Josh McDaniels was doing for Mac Jones

Saleh should bang on the desk till this gets done or he will deep six his job because the Defense kept us in the game frankly

Patriot likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah Saleh is an idiot. Fire this guy.

Fire Lafleur and JD also.

Fire them all!

LOL

Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Okay, now on with Rebuild #52!:rolleyes:

Cman68 likes this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

To me this game should be pinned on Zach Wilson 95%

I'm not down on him but today, it is what it is. Aspects of the team were excellent, and others were acceptable. He has to be better than 4 picks.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget fold the franchise/

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Saleh is definitely in control of the team and he gets his point across on the sideline. Wilson was put under center a lot more when he was rattled. Saleh was hired to have input on both sides of the team and manage the game.

He is going to be ok, Jets will win next week as team continues to review film and clean up some of the problem areas, in particular Wilson trying to do too much on every play. It happens with all rookie QBs.

#27 Red Menace, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    FJF likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

For once we agree

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he finds it odd they have the same mailman as in Cali?

K'OB likes this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Didn’t say he was or wasn’t. We have a thread for Joe Douglas and I thought we could discuss Saleh under his thread as well. :)

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I will never get why going for a long FG with an unproven kicker is the “safe” option there. Coaches never seem to quit certain tendencies that statistically are dumb moves.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but under the circumstances, with Zach struggling, Saleh likely felt going with the unproven kicker was safer. I think even last week, Saleh might've let Zach take a shot, but it was clear that he wasn't at his best, and if they failed to get any points there, it would've made things even worse.

Noam likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Liking Robert Saleh so far. I think I will start to love him when he starts winning. And that is coming.

14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I believe with a competent QB Sunday, the Jets would have beaten the Pats. Great, I am not telling you something you all do not know already.

Wilson obviously has much more physical talents than Mac Jones, but one needs to question his mental capacity. What was very disturbing was his interview after the game where he answered that it was execution instead of pressing in his part. I think the coaches and the team need to have an intervention meeting with Wilson and remind him that there is nothing wrong with short passes. I sometimes wonder if a QB sometimes who is so talented needs a game like this to put him back to reality.

I think the Jets Oline did a good job until the end of the game when the Pats defense knew the Jets had no choice but to throw. The Jets defense did take advantage of the Patriot's Right Tackle issue.

If Mac Jones continues to get punished as he has so far, he will not make it to the end of the year. He may actually become a broken QB like Chad Pennington which would be a shame.

Last but not least, the nonfumble call due to the whistle being blown early did suck for the Jets in the beginning.

Unlike many Pats fans who are drinking the cool-aid, I see a very flawed team that got a win due to a very stupid QB.

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken, but I believe on some of the interceptions, Wilson had options to throw the ball to open receivers at shorter distances. I honestly believe the Jets could have won this game if Wilson wasn't trying to be a hero. One could argue on the 1st interception, the ball should have been caught by the receiver. But after that, there is nobody to blame but Wilson. I do not think the play calling was that bad.

The Patriots got 16 points from the Jets turnovers which was the real difference in the game.

Jets-N-Terps, SOJAZ and PJ4Ever like this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this

17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

unless ur kicker is new and you want him to try 50+ yders in real games

cmcm750203 likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the things Saleh needs to do and fairly soon is to gameplan against his QB on defense. Just a day of that and he'll see what LaFleur and company can not afford to do with Wilson at this point.

Maybe he can get it done over the bye and maybe Wilson won't be burnt toast by then.

BTW, I don't mean have any of the defensive staff do that - they have too much on their plate already. Just Saleh.

He'll see more in a day of planning how to stop Wilson than the offensive staff will in a month of planning how to make him succeed.

cmcm750203 and REVISion like this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Aside of some not so “all gas no breaks” moments, I thought the coaching was fine today. The D played better then they should have needed too. The OL was much better. The running game was on point.

Wilson clearly let the team down, not the coaches. Although I’d like to have seen some higher percentage pass plays and roll outs to try and settle him down a bit, he was clearly off.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I don't know guys. In my mind the HC should have walked over to OC and QB and had a conversation about what was transpiring esp. since the QB decisions were poor and mechanics were afoul. Yet he did noting during the game but in post presser he says, "its ok to be boring" ... Well yea coach it is but why state the oblivious when you had a chance to maybe... stop the bleeding.