Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I think you're being too generous with 15.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

And now fans are harping all over Anderson's "catch rate" in the FA thread? Despite having a better Jets "catch rate" then the likes of Ward, Holmes, Braylon, Plaxico and everyone's favorite Quincy Enunwa?

And literally RIGHT BEHIND the likes of Keyshawn, Coles, Santana Moss and Chrebet?!? I guess those guys stunk too all because of "catch rate".

Laughable.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This post is for @DefenseWinsChampionships:

Here are my favorite Robby Anderson moments:

1. His Touchdown against the Cowboys this year. Definitely was a great moment with all the Jets have been dealing with offensively all season before that explosion of a play.

2. His potential last TD as a Jet against the Steelers. Great effort.

3. His touchdowns in Miami and then in DC (Game I was at) when he jumped in the stands.

4. His Broncos game bomb of a touchdown.

5. Sam Darnold's first career touchdown pass in Detroit

6. His bomb TD from McCown against the Panthers.

I am not 100% sure but I feel I remember him having a clutch catch to beat the Bills at Buffalo in 2018?

K'OB likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Speaking of Buffalo my uncle is a mod over on BillsZone and was just telling me last night that Buffalo fans are literally drooling over the thought of Robby Anderson as another speed burning deep threat for Josh Allen who has a cannon of an arm and as a Jets fan I do not like that thought of Robby tracking down balls 70+ yards in the air for their offense.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

uhh bro, if he's behind them, that means he's worse and doesn't tell us anything. Christian Hackenberg is behind the likes of Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and John Elway in passing touchdowns. "I guess those guys stunk too"

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m from an area where most people are Bills fans. I’m about as inspired by their football knowledge as most fans, so this is pretty meaningless.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

probably my favorite Robby Anderson moment was the touchdown in Buffalo when Darnold scrambled up and down the field and found him to take the lead.

least favorite was his fumble in Cleveland

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Didn't you say he had an inaccurate cannon of an arm in your the AFC East is wide open thread and we didn't have to worry about the Bills?

9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Robby is a good player.

My least favorite Robby Anderson moment was the one where the OP wrote a novel about his undying love for the guy.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"Touch the stove!" "No! I'll get burned!"

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Rich Caster

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Very impressive for a 13 year old. It changes the entire dialogue of this thread. It made Robby Anderson go from an idiot to an idiot savant.

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It is interesting why some teams are not all over this guy, Anderson. Perhaps teams will start bidding him at lower value. Jets are definitely at advantage but at the same time if they really want him back, they are not too late making the offer. I have to trust Joe.

I am not a big Anderson fan but to pair up with another talented WR in the draft helps not only Darnold but the entire WR corps getting open.

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Robby Anderson has as many TD's (19) as Moss had during their 4 years here and I sure hope Santana Moss could put up slightly better numbers than Anderson this far as Santana was surrounded by the likes of Chad Pennington/Vinny T, a HOF legend in Curtis Martin who defenses focused on with 7-8 men in the box along with receiving behind some very good to great Jet offensive lines.

Robby Anderson has been in awful situations for a WR since being drafted mostly no O-Line for his routes to develop regardless of which QB has been under Center ala Fitzpatrick (career loser), McCown (yet another career loser), Petty (bust) and Darnold x2 (behind a crap O-Line(s).

Perspective.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Good one!!

Dierking likes this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

17. Dierking

“Perspective”? Somebody check this fool’s temperature he’s clearly delirious.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

These bloodsucking hounds (during this Robby Anderson free agency period) are taking their built up Jets offensive frustration of over the past 4 years consisting of...

And throwing it all over Robby Anderson while crapping on him @ the same time. And looking to "statistics" to prove just how bad he really is.

They will not tell you how in 4 years he's played for two different head coaches, 3 different starting QB's (8 if you include injuries) and not one, not two, not three but four different offensive coordinators (while they talk about his lol "stats".

But then get mad at me for posting an hours worth of Robby Anderson highlights? You guys are disgusting.

They talk about his route running ability and how he sometimes or often makes route running mistakes? Um. lol @ them.

I bet if you had to play with three (to 8) different QB's, two different head coaches and 4 different offensive coordinators, during a 4 year period you'd look confused too.He's never had back to back season's being familiar with an offense.

So is what you're telling me is that even as confused, Robby Anderson has still been able to put up all of these numbers and hours worth of youtube highlights without being familiar with an offense? Not once?

Well then just imagine if he were no longer confused running routes and had multiple years within one (1) system how good he could really become.

Bunch of geniuses around here.

#98 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Lets not talk about "stats" or Moss having a better season without first understanding that Robby Anderson has never once played within a familiar offense throughout his 4 year career; not even once.

Fitzpatrick.
    Josh McCown.
    Bryce Petty.
    Sam Darnold (no O-Line).
    Trevor Siemian.
    1 Chan Gailey.
    2 John Morton.
    3 Jeremy Gates (the camping man).
    4 Adam Gase (everyone's whipping boy around here).

You see. I've researching statistics since I were a teenager and now 34. People around here have mocked me and called me "stats" many of years ago. And I know how to read between the lines. Your Robby sucking balls compared to Santana Moss best season was clueless. Because Robby's offensive situations have sucked balls way more compared to Santana's situations.

All you did were post "blind stats" and numbers off a Box-Score. Me? I know how to read through them. Doesn't take rocket science either.

20. Dierking

I think someone wants Robbie to nut in their eye