Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And yet no one seems to want to sign him for big money.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

His up coming contract that he'll sign will be worth more than you've ever made or will ever make moving forward and as long as it's as a Jet as a fan I'll be happy.

3. Dierking

You could say that about a lot of guys

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

I like you Dierking I'm just busting your chops. I hope Robby gets Re-Signed on a team friendly deal before selecting either Jeudy/Lamb @ 11 because a trio of Jeudy/Lamb, Robby and Crowder would be a fun trio with Sam Darnold to root for and I do not see any availability for F.A WR's that even come close to how talented Anderson has become.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling he's going to end up a Washington Redskin.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its the way you present your opinions, positive or negative that make some think your a troll. your very black or white on your stances. Fant was the worst thing ever should have signed Conklin, or Robby is the best thing every must give him what ever he wants... The truth of things is in the middle. I want Robby back, at a decent price. I don't want tot over pay for a talent, and he is talented, that has not produced at the level to warrant a big money long term deal. Either give him good money short term or smaller money long term.

The way Joe D is going about this off season is the way that can provide the most long term success. We saw how Mike T's all in approach worked. it got us close. but it came with a bunch of problems both cap wise and depth wise with the lack of picks. Mac, who was supposedly a tape grinding scout of a GM, gave us very little from the draft and vastly over payed to bring guys here and that turned out terribly. We can't continue to just throw money at the problem of bad drafting in the manner he did.

If, and its a big if, we draft well,add both talent and depth and really become a roster that can compete, then perhaps we can bring someone in, but this off season has been about shaping the roster by filling in the mistakes of the past without creating mistakes of the future. Conklin got 20 mill more guaranteed than Fant. Yes hes more proven, but comes with the same health issues that have plagued Fant. Fant is a place holder for a pick at 11, or a fall back option if the top guys are gone by then. Conklin, is a RT, and would not have solved the LT issue and cost a ton more in cap space moving forward. we have made seemly smart deals that cost decent money over the next 3 years, with easy outs after one or two years. This is how you fill gaps in free agency, not by handing out the biggest long term deals year after year ala Mac.

Robby deserves a raise for sure. He is an elite deep threat and an emerging talent elsewhere. He is not on the level of guys who got piad this year or last year ... yet. IMO he should take a one year deal, prove his worth, and then get paid. Right now he's not worht what he is after.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

My mouth is just watering watching those Ceedee Lamb highlights. He is the prospect that makes me most excited at #11, but I am totally down if we took a tackle. I think if Wills or Wirfs are there at 11, you take them and run, but if only Thomas and Becton are there is more of a choice. I think they are a small notch below Wills and Wirfs but it will be a tradeoff between the best receiver in the draft and a good tackle. Either way, as long as we dont draft defense or something round 1 then I am happy.

almbleamal likes this.
  7. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

It seems like some people are thrilled that Robby isn't getting what he wants - but for the wrong reason.

I thought he would get a nice contract. He was one of the top available WR FA's and they usually get paid.

But I was wrong and I couldn't be any happier to be wrong.

Because now we have an opportunity to maintain continuity and get Robby back for a reasonable cost. Robby is a nice player to have and hopefully we'll be lucky enough to see him stretching the field wearing green and white next season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn't read any of it. But you made it easy by holding the only thing that's truly important. Thanks bub. This is all you need to look at to assess his value as a player.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So not to be a dick, but ... this is the exact type of post hat makes people think your nothing more than a teenage cunt troll.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've never once even put a number on his head. I've never once throughout this entire offseason have I discussed if he's worth $8M, $10M, $12M, $13M etc because that's not for me to decide, it's out of my hands, I'm not a GM and it's not my job to crunch numbers as an accountant would all I've ever done is given football examples on why I'd love having him back long term.

All while watching certain Jet fans gloating over the fact that he's still an available free agent as a way of attempting to diminish his value and worth for Sam Darnold and our Jets offense moving forward.

However I'm truly thrilled how another team didn't give him an offer in which he couldn't refuse because this now means that Anderson is still available for Joe Douglas to lock him up long term and on a more team friendly deal.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Alright, I've said this before but I'm saying it again: I was in a coma and had a brain injury. What's your excuse?

12. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

13. jetophile

Dedric Ward was pretty good for a midget. Oh, my God, I apologize, where's my political correctness? Dedric Ward was pretty good for a fucking Lilliputian.

14. jetophile

Yes. I farted. Damn it, you said never mind. I outed myself for nothing.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. Chill. Dierking quoted me with a one line filler as a way of antagonizing so I took a jab back as a way of busting his chops and all in good spirit I'm used to him as he's been an antagonizer for many of years, but I like the guy and respect him as a person/poster/fan but you on the other hand, I just seen you call another man a bitch for disagreeing with your Desir remarks.

Look. Before you go any further with your insults please know, understand and comprehend that I'm a 34 year father and have an 8 year old daughter. Profanity isn't even withinin my vocabulary as I'm articulate with my words and know how to express thoughts and feelings and emotions without profanity.

But you on the other hand I've noticed you, over a sports message board (where kid Jet fans could post or read) using words like "Dick". "Teenage Cunt" (which makes you sound like a creepy child molester) and also just not too long ago called someone a "BITCH" you called another man a bitch behind your computer screen so I'm having a hard time understanding who's the troll.

I've talked sports with people around here and for many of years too. I've never blocked a single poster. Continue to call me out of my name (DWC) and I'll kindly place you on the ignore list (out of sight is out of mind) and you're more than welcome to do the same if my posts cause you to use profanity out of anger. Deal? O.k. Good.

And kids if you're reading this at home. Please. Don't be like this man once and as you continue to age older in life. Use intelligence. Creativity. Be articulate with the ways in which you speak and write about sports and one day you can be a sports writer or just a decent person but whatever you do, do not let profanity become a subliminal habit of yours as there's been proven studies that words such as Cunt & Bitch can send your brain through waves negative vibes when there are thousands of other words in which you can use in order to express yourselves. Don't be like this guy who probably gets angry and calls his wife a little cunt bitch when they disagree and that's if he even has one (he doesn't even know me but I can already see and tell it's a part of his character, personality as well as his vocabulary). I couldn't imagine waking up in order to cuss people out.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

All I was saying with that is your pointing out " he'll make more money" ... is a weak argument. You can ignore me if you want but im trying to be helpful. That was the exact type of post that both added nothing and was dismissive and negative that people will call you out on. As for the calling my wife a little cunt bitch .. never, and esspically not since shes been dead for 5 years, but thx for assuming lol.

If you really want to be taken seriously you need to proof read what your saying, pull back a bit on the hype, and go with the analysis. and while your again assuming that I don't like you or your posts, i'm positing out why others are so quickly dismissive of you. You do have the potential to be a good writer, and poster, if you could put a bit of reality in with your fandom. You can pick on my language all you want , I've head way worse while coaching so if you think I'm corrupting people .. om my.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Kids, if your reading this at home, don't be a coward. Stand up for what you believe in despite what the mean man, me, might be saying. People swear a lot in the real world. If you can handle it, I'm sorry. I grew up in a machine shop, and then became a businessman, and people mostly talked the same. I've pointed out to this poor lost soul why people don't take him seriously and all he wants to do is focus on my language and not my content... fuck that cowardice. fight back against my content. its much more interesting for everyone.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Seriously?

19. Dierking

See now, nobody would give you a hard time about this opinion. It’s the over the top 17 paragraph valentines you feel the need to post over and over and over again. Your 8 year old is less of a needy attention whore than you are. Think about that.

20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

this was an asshole comment.