Rivers talking trash

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 15, 2010.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I meant with sacks not with Injury. I want to beat every team we play this whole ride fair and square. It is bad enough we have to hear about backing into the playoffs. When all is said and done I want everyone to know we got there because we have the number one Defense, Running Game and O-Line in Football and a great new head Coach.

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

couldn't have said it better. the chargers have one legit big time WR, vincent jackson. yes he's tall and physical.

I can't stand the talk of the others. malcom floyd has 45 rec and 745 yards 1 TD on the season. SCARY! but he's tall! He's 6 ft 5! OMG! I hate to break it to yah but cotchery is better then Malcom Floyd yet no one knows his name! Imagine what J-Co could do with Rivers as his QB?

Legedu Nanee is 6 ft 3! OMG! What a player! He has 242 yards in 13 games! Wow how can we stop him?

Gates is obviously legit and a big problem. However, if Revis can shut down Jackson all we need to worry about is Gates and Sproles IMO. Still gonna be tough.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Cotchery is without a doubt the second best WR in this game. If Edwards can hold onto the ball he has the opportunity to be a huge factor, easily as explosive as Jackson.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If Cotchery and Keller had an elite Qb they would be repeat Pro Bowlers every year! Cotchery is awesome.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The stats you quote tell a part of the story, but the reason why these guys will play a huge part in this game is because Revis will be guarding their best receiver. Any team facing the Jet passing D will be well served to look to get the ball to their other receivers, just like AZ did when Larry was covered by Woodson.

I guarantee you that the Chargers will look to get it to Floyd and probably Nanee as well. The Jets' ability to cover those guys along with Sproles and Gates will probably be the key to the game.

And oh yeah I know LT is a shadow of his former self, but hopefully the Jet D will not allow anything like the running yardage Benson ran up.

There's a lot that can go wrong in this game. Jets will have to minimize mistakes, cover all those SD passing options, not allow them to run it, and do what they need to on the offensive side to win this game.

I think they can do it, quite frankly. But that's how they will have to do it.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

break tory holts college records?

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Wait, that counts as trash talking nowadays?

Holy crap. I'm pretty sure 12 year olds can do better than that if Rivers considered that trash talking.

I like how Norm thinks. Revis will shut that thought up, but I like how Norm thinks.

8. Kenucky Jets

Kenucky Jets New Member

i was going to say that too but that doesnt change my mind of rivers, because hes still a piece of shit.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Rivers is awesome. If he was a Jet he'd be Namath 2.0. I can't knock a dude who shakes off a (what should be serious) knee injury to keep playing...That's almost as badass as Leftwich being carried by his linemen so he could play with a broken leg.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The only thins that makes me Happy when it comes to Rivers is that the Giants traded him and basically Merriman for Eli.

Retards-

11. Fiberlight1

Fiberlight1 New Member

Wow.. you guys really took that Norv Turner quote out of context.. Cmon guys.

12. uknowmysteelo

uknowmysteelo New Member

Well Floyd got his 1st opportunity to play as a #1 receiver in week 17 and had 9 catches for 140 yards and he only played a little over a half. Thats more than Cotchery has had in any full game this entire season. And his total stats are a little skewed since he's only been starting since week 8.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You think that's bad? Watch this.

Man, that guy's a head football coach? He sounds like an idiot.

14. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding (most accurate kicker in history of NFL) for Eli.

I'd say the Chargers got the better end of that trade :)

15. Fiberlight1

Fiberlight1 New Member

What does speech ability have to do with winning games? If that were the case, Rex Ryan would have never lost a game.

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I just think its funny that the guy who posted those quotes only posted a small part of them to make it look like what was said was a slap at your players.

That guy must work in politics :lol:

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

Fuck Rivers talking shit...I finally just went over to the chargers mess. board...holy shit!! These have to be the cockiest motherfuckers I've seen this season. Either that or they are just plain old fucking retarded.

When they say things like we will....Dominate....embarrass....beat them easy...be up by 21 at halftime??...,WTF?? Do you watch football?! The way they talk about their offense you would think we are facing the 07 Pats!!

They have a lot of confidence for a team that routinly shits the bed every year in the playoffs, play two horsehit teams twice a year. Almost lost a game to the 29th ranked defense....and Its funny to how some of them wanted the Pats... Yea good idea...ask for the team that ate your fucking lunch in the playoffs over the years.

You cant even talk to these douchebags! They should have chargers t-shirts made with the phrases..."but our WR are tall" on the back. Who gives a fuck!! Yao Ming is big bitch but I dont see him hauling in TD's....motherfucker!!

I want this game....bad...

#117 HOI, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

And Nick Keading :grin:

19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Yeah well you cant expect anything much more from that terrible chargers.com

#119 Boltjolt, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  20. HOI

HOI Active Member

Nick Keading looks like fucking Progeria poster boy.