RIP Don Shula

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, May 4, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Brutal, LMAO.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Shula sold his soul to the devil for the undefeated season.

Time to pay the piper!

Patriot likes this.
  3. jetophile

The original. No, wait, it was the Cheats after all that same year with The Snowplow Game. Cheatin' since 1982!

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Actually it was the Patriots that brought that convict onto the field with the snowplow so they could kick the FG to win the game. So they cheated first, and Shula got all pissed off (but was taking mental notes obviously). Then a month later Shula broke the rules by not covering his own field with a tarp. He knew the NFL wouldn’t touch him - he was on the rules committee.

5. mrjet80

I have to disagree - it wasn’t all Shula after SB III. Yeah they dominated from 1970-77 but Michaels went 7-0-1 against him during that four year stretch ( 1978-81) and the Jets should have won that Sat game in 82. And who knows what would of happened had the AFC Title game been played on a normal field. And going forward the Jets handled the Dolphins pretty well in Shula’s last years - they swept them numerous times and even booted them out of the playoffs in the final game of 1991. Yeah there was the fake spike game but I can remember another game the Jets whipping them and I think it was the year before when a win would have given Shula the all time wins record. Not in our house ....the Jets gave them a beating that day. He got the record the following week.

I can’t stand the Dolphins or their fans to this day...

matt robinson 17 and boozer32 like this.
  6. jetophile

I just said that. :confused: Haha, are you from here? I don't mean the tri-state area, I mean the U.S. The Cheats = slang for the Pats.

7. mrjet80

Oh I see - I misread - thought you had the reverse for the snowplow game.

Yes the Patriots and Dolphins - all scumbags lol.

8. phinfanskp

phinfanskp Member

Hi guys, I haven't posted here in years because... well mainly because I haven't spent a lot of time on any football boards in years but..
    After coach Shula passed away, I decided to check out some AFC East message boards just to see what opposing fans might say.
    I shan't "rank" any of the opposing fans' responses except to say this: Fuck Patriots fans. Seriously.
    Anyway, my main reason for posting was this: The 1982 AFC championship game like most playoff games was organized by the NFL, not the hosting team. So, the main responsibility for the Mud Bowl game falls on the league, not the phins.
    With that being said... yeah I'm not naive, Shula would've obviously known the grounds crew well and if they knew what was best for them, they would've done what he told them to do.
    Still, it had been raining in Miami for 4 or something days straight, the game was a complete mess and even with potential cheating from Shula, Miami won by luck, plain and simple.
    I've also read that there wasn't a tarp available at the Orange Bowl but I don't know if there's any truth to that or not.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I dislike them also. My favorite team is anyone playing the Dolphins or New England.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Kenny O'Brien saved his best games for Shoe-la

11. matt robinson 17

Field got a lot wetter because there was no fuckin' tarp on it, Shoe-la knew what he was doing, the Jets were a much faster team

12. matt robinson 17

Shoe'la was the head of the NFL Officiating committee and the Fins were the least penalized team in the NFL for 27 years

Cman68 likes this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/01/24/sports/no-excuse-for-missing-tarpaulin.html

Horseshit. . Shula (Hungarian for cunt) and dolphin fan apologists run that "we don't own the Orange Bowl" excuse but funny how the NFL required that the Jets furnish tarps after snow damaged theirs before their last home game that year vs. Tampa Bay. Read the above NYT clip. A total cop out by a cheat. Your post's a total cop out as well.

16 - 7.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What if its the Bills or Giants playing the Pats or Dolphins. In this situation I wouldn't say I am rooting for one over the other. Whatever helps the Jets situation is the best answer. If the Jets season is already in the toilet then I guess let the lesser of the two evils win. Hard to root for any of them as these 4 teams are the Jets rivals.

15. matt robinson 17

Hate the Fins and Rats, no such animosity towards the Bills

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Then you root for a incurable strain of VD to tear through both locker rooms the day of the game

17. matt robinson 17

Mud Bowl- Mike Adamle was the sideline reporter for NBC and he walked on the field and the water was over his ankles, he commented this field is a disgrace

18. matt robinson 17

[​IMG]

Hahahaha, tell me this moron doesn't have CTE!

HomeoftheJets and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was thinking of buying a sprinkler at the local Walmart and plugging it into a fire hydrant and raining all over him until they discovered it.

Maybe get one of those low profile things and just let it rip.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I hate the Bills too. Jim Kelly torched the Jets for over a decade. I got great please out
    I hated the Bills too. Jim Kelly torched the Jets for over a decades. It gave me great pleasure to see them choke 4 straight times in the Super Bowl.