Rex's Plan WILL work

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rex2009, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tom Brady won all of his SB before McDaniels was his OC.

Denver's wanted to unload Tebow having nothing to do with signing Manning. Manning gave them cover but you and everyone else in Denver knows that Elway didn't want Tebow he didn't think he could win with him.

2. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Ahhh...he beat a "crippled Steeler's team"...The excuses for why Tebow won are just as common as excuses for why he lost...

The guy took over a shitty 1-4 team and took them to the playoffs...threw 316 yards against the league's #1 D...

All this from a guy making his first 16 starts...I find it funny that the same people who think Sanchez needs more time to develop after 3 full years want to judge Tebow after just a season's worth of games...Hypocrisy at its finest.

Take a look at Sanchez's first season and compare those numbers to Tebow (hell, take Sanchez's 3rd year for that matter)....Even leave Tebow's rushing numbers out of the equation and a strong argument could be made that Tebow actually performed better...While playing for a Broncos team with less talent than Sanchez had with the Jets.

#82 FakeSpike13, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Yet another that fails to address ANY of the many Donkey 'TEAM" problems and weaknesses.

When they win 9 games with a raw cold off the bench rookie, it's the TEAM and/or the DEFENSE.
    But when they lose 7 games with a raw cold off the bench rookie,
    it's ALL BECAUSE OF THAT CRAPPY 29 TD's to 15 Total Turnovers Tebow.

Another 'quality' evaluation from the :drunk: in the corner.... :metal:

4. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

^^^ this....

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

While they had a decent year last year management doesn't beleive they can take the next step with Tebow and wanted to unload him. Tebow on the open NFL market a market where only a few Elite NFL QB's live had very little interest. The guy was woth a 4 and a 6.

This is the NFL. Mediocre teams win in this league, the difference between 6 and 10 and 10 and 6 ain't that much. One thing is sure if the league thought Tim Tebow was a guy who could move the neddle as a QB when he came available Denver would have gotten much more for him. In spite of all the apparent interest nobody was willing to part with much to get what you seem to think is a great NFL QB prospect.

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I'm no fan of Sanchez's but he's a QB, not a TE or HB pretending to be a QB.

As for Tebow's glorious "run" to the playoffs with the Donkeys, let's put it in its proper perspective. Both the Donkeys and the Jests were 8-5 with three games to go and had their playoff fates in their own hands. Both teams crapped the bed, dude, and wound up 8-8. Sorry, but 8-8 gets you squat in the AFCE; I can't remember the last time a team won the AFCE without winning more games than it lost. In the crappy AFCW, though, it can get you a divisional title, and that's happened more than once in the last 10 years. :lol:

The Donkeys lost by 18 to the Pats and 26 to the Bills, two of the lousiest defensive teams in the league, and then Timmy went 6/22/60/0/1 to lose to the Chiefs, 7-3. Neither QB nor his team was clutch down the stretch. Deal with it.

7. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Jets got Favre for a 3rd, so I guess a 4th and 6th for Teebs was fair market value.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yes it is having nothing to do with the Favre deal.

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

As a back-up. You realize that's more up front than Bret Farve's 4th round conditional pick right? Tebow's very much got some conditions in his contract. How much did Stanton bring in? There's been talk that Tebow's price was different for teams that wished to start him.

The biggest issue with the league and Tebow's value is that he operates best in a spread offense. The problem with the league is that few teams, other than for example, the Pats and Panthers, have the needed personnel to run a full blown spread offense. The Panthers cut a bunch of veterans back in 2009, changed head coaches, and made room to be able to sign the right guys and coaching in order to draft a guy like Cam Newton and put together that style offense.

That was the issue in Denver. Personnel was put together for a conventional offense. Coaching staff wasn't even close to being the best guys to design that. If they really wanted to make a run out of it, you would have gottena different coaching staff, or at least a different offensive coordinator and make a lot of personnel changes for Tebow. Made a lot more sense to sign Manning....Other teams have a lot of guys locked up into contracts. Even if they wanted to design that style offense, it doesn't mean they could have, nor that they would take it that far.

Tebow would cost a conventional offense team a lot more than just his personal price. It would cost them a fortune if they already didn't decide to go in that direction with their offense and didn't already have the right personnel in place. They'd have to cut guys, eat up contracts, etc...

That has a lot to do with his open market value. This is still new at the NFL level. It also carries the risk that you can't just find another spread offense QB on the same level in case Tebow doesn't work out or gets hurt. And if you can't or it doesn't work, then it takes you another 2 years or so reverting back. There are a lot of risks involved, but the teams who do take them, have a great chance of having it pay off for them.

The Jets are trying to minimize that risk by going with a mixed approach and perhaps eventually and slowly transition to something like that if Tebow proves to be effective during the snaps he does receive. Tebow can also bring in a lot more money for the Jets franchise in NY than he would have for the Broncos in Denver. That can offset a lot of the financial risk for the Jets.

#89 whichfan, Apr 3, 2012
  10. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I have NOT A THING against Mark as the Jets starter, but here are some actual facts/stats for you.

NFL Top Quality QB Mark Sanchez's first 16 NFL Starts:
    Passing - 6.7 YD's/Att,12 TD's to 20 Ints -- PER 63.0 ----- Rushing - 30 for 105 yds, 3.5 ypc, 3 TD's

Passing - 6.8 YD's/Att, 17 TD's to 9 Ints -- PER 75.1 ------ Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's.
    From a no talent glorified FB attempting to play QB.

And I hear that your 'village' starting looking for you, just as soon as they noticed you were no longer sitting up on the wall... :grin:

11. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

^^^^^ THIS

13, I believe that he meant to say:

Tebow and a 7th --- FOR --- A 4th, a 6th, plus a Bonus 2.5 Million Dollars.

The Jags reportedly offered a 3rd PLUS 3 Million Dollars. :metal:

12. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Where is McD right now, and who hired him back to be their OC? (duck & dodge that question as usual)

Funny, since El' Dim-Way 'claimed' that Tim would be their starter going into camp.
    I guess you missed this statement from John on Feb. 24th 2012.

"We're happy with his year last year," said Elway, the Broncos' VP of football operations. "He really added a great spark for us and we really had some good things happen two us. I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim is going to work hard this off season, and we're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time." -- but of course, we all know what a LIAR that ole johnny is, right?

* The Donkey's Organization, including Saint John El' Dim-Way, has got to have a HoF 14 Year Vet QB to have ANY chance of a winning season, much less a SB.
    ~ And that shows you the true quality of both the Organization and their faith in their own current roster.

I've yet to have ANY so-called 'knowledgeable Jet fan' be able to list:
    Tebow's Bronco Team Records --- (many of them being jealous/unbelieving El' Dim-Way's)
    OR
    His many NFL Records --- (with little help and almost No organizational support)

Goes to whether or not Tim is NFL material as a QB or not.
    Seems to me that information would be important for Jet fans in the coming season.
    After all, Tim Tebow is a Jet QB now, and you guys claim to KNOW EVERYTING about the Jets.

Instead they/you try to 'cherry pick' the media-moron bs like:
    Pass Comp% - Tebow 47.3% ---- Without considering Elway's 47.5%
    Or that Tim/Donkeys were 1-4 in his last 5 gamers, instead of being 9-7 in his first 16 NFL starts.
    And on and on it goes....

PS

And what does your own GENIUS ORGANIZATION say about Tebow, or are they all Liars or Tebowmaniacs too?
    Why don't you post some of their quotes for us. :metal:

13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Guys again if we hired Mack Brown as OC we could run the spread and Vince You g would be over 60% completion! It is the smartest move!

14. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

True...Tebow did have his problems down the stretch...What first year starter doesn't have ups and downs though?

Yeah, the Broncos did finish 8-8 (9-9 if you include playoffs), but of course your failing to mention that 4 of those losses were before Tebow took over.

And you say that he wasn't clutch down the stretch and I just have to deal with it? OK, but only if I have to agree with you that we should just arbitrarily disregard the Steelers playoff game which was about as clutch of a moment you can possibly have.

If the Jets would have just taken care of business when this supposedly terrible QB faced them, then they might have gotten into the playoffs themselves.

#94 FakeSpike13, Apr 3, 2012
  15. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Here ya go 'smart' guy:

Mighty Vince Young's Rookie NFL season: (Career PER is only 74.4 btw, Tebow's is already 75.1)

Passing - YPA 6.2, 12 TD's, 13 Ints, -- PER 66.7 --- Rushing - 83 for 552 yds, 6.7 ypc, 7 TD's

Passing - YPA 6.8 17 TD's to 9 Ints -- PER 75.1 ---- Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's.
    No Talent Tebow

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

McDaniels is comfortable back where he belongs under the control of BB where he will have no control over any important decisions.

I've been a Jets fan since the mid 60's and fully recognize the current organization isn't all that bright when it comes to personal.

#96 Biggs, Apr 3, 2012
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Rearding the Jet organization, I think it is increasingly clear that Woody Johnson approves and in some cases has been deciding the personnel moves on the Jets, the Tebow trade being in that category. He is not a football guy, in case the Tebots are not familiar with him. (Why would they be - they couldn't care less about the Jets before the trade.)

The point being that competent, football based Jet personnel moves is increasingly an oxymoron.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not that it is even remotely comparable, but the Jets got Favre for a 3rd and a 10 million dollar cap hit, they got Tebow for a 4th and a 6th and got a 7th back plus pay a 2.5mil cap hit.

You have to take salary into account.

19. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Are you sure it's a 2.5 mil cap hit? I didn't think it was that much.

20. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

ground and pound Rex doesn't want to run a spread offence either....