Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Where did anyone write or imply that the press conference was worse or more important than the game?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mark does give us the best chance to win. you never hear rex say it is a good chance though. just the best chance.

if i am woody i don't outright fire rex. i get a new f.o. and let them decide if rex is who they want or do they want to bring in someone new.

but tanny needs to go,the talent level on this team has downgraded each of the last 2 years. tanny has not replaced any outgoing player with a better

one.

with rex i let him know. tanny is out "x" is in. he decides if you stay. but do it quick, by march everyone needs to be in place to get the retool underway.

its unbelievable to think, 2 years in a row 1 game from the s.b to possibly cleaning house and starting over. w.t.f.?

#162 FJF, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If I were Rex I would dissapear and shut my phone off

4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Actually, this team reminds of the Kotite Jets. Of course, I've been saying this for a few months now, but because they've actually looked good from time-to-time people have if ignored me and/or this assessment. Problem is that even Kotite won some games. Is Ryan really as bad as Kotite? No, probably not. But then again, when you look how far this team has fallen and how fast versus what Kotite was handed and where he took it I think the argument is not far fetched at all. Kotite took a mediocre team and turned it into shit--Ryan started with an excellent team and has made it poor, and we are approaching shit rapidly.

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

This is precisely why I think he should go AND why I do not understand the love (lust) for Ryan here. His success came with a team that he DID NOT build and even then, when he had a loaded deck, he only produced one really good season. We slipped into the playoffs his first year and he managed two nice playoff runs, but a good team wins consistently..... that includes winning the championship game.

Then there is the issue of the current team. This team is Ryan's vision and they suck. I keep saying this and I won't stop, as a team this is the worst constructed group since the days of Kotite--especially when you consider what we have lost, traded, or cut from the first two years.

Sorry, but Ryan is just not a NFL caliber HC. He was not some overlooked gem that we uncovered. Time to accept that and move on.....

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's amazing the 20-20 hindsight that happens around here.

I didn't realize 2009 was such a loaded deck, coming off a 9-7 season with a Hall of Fame quarterback, replacing him with a rookie QB who played like crap all year.

2010, we went to the AFCC with Wayne Hunter at RT and a guy who can't even break into the Seahawks offense as our #1 weapon for much of the year.

It's revisionist history to say the 2009 team was loaded. Nobody thought that team was going anywhere. It was a solid team on paper, but loaded? No team is loaded with as bad a quarterback as the Jets had, and they made it work.

Rex deserves a ton of heat for this season and even the end of last season. I still think most of the issue is with the way this roster was constructed though. Revis and Holmes take up over $20M in cap space, and we're replacing them with a bunch of UDFAs and street FAs as depth. Rex takes some heat for that since I'm sure he had some input on the team, but this roster was constructed haphazardly for two straight seasons.

Parcells wouldn't have put up with Sanchez's woes? Not sure how we would judge that, he played with Drew Bledsoe, an absolute turnover machine, and he didn't bench Rick Mirer despite a better option staring him in the face. Easy to say though, I mean, he did win 1 playoff game here, right? Not like the current coach could say that...

Like I said earlier, if the Jets collapse in these last five games against the teams we're playing against, then I might switch to the fire Rex side. But with the playoffs now needing a miraculous 5-0 finish and some help, I'm curious to see how Rex holds the team together. He says he hasn't lost the locker room: we shall see.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

My bad, it was directed at Alleycat, not you.

I care about what happens on the field. I'm annoyed by how bad we played in that 2nd quarter. The last thing I'm thinking about is the stupid post game press conference.

#167 Barcs, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

RR should stay, Tannenbaum and the scout team need to go. RR deserves a chance with another QB.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nope we are going down the tubes for the next 8/10 years as I posted way before the season began so either learn to live with it or go look for another team to root for that will give you satisfaction :sad:

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think Rex needs to lay off tannenbaums decisions. 3 straight years weve drafted defensive players.

I fear its to late to turn it around for Rex. This team wont get drastically better next season, even with a good draft. Its going to take 2 strong drafts to turn this team around and honestly the patience has run out,

Its clearly time to rebuild, which is not what this fanbase wants to hear.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I give Rex another year, but the holes to deep, we wont climb out of it next year.

12. Agreed. I think Rex IS a good Head coach & a very good defensive mind. He's a couple Lbs & some better depth away from a very good D to compliment his schemes.

Tannenbaum needs to go & a hard look needs to be taken on all parties involved w/ coaching,evaluating & scouting offensive talent. They simply cannot find long term answers at skill positions. That's where the Jets really lack. You can live w/ some loose ends in the trenches/back end..but quality skill is the great equalizer. Jets haven't had that in a long LONG time.

13. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I'm sick of Rex... It's playoffs or bust. At the end of the season, T, RR better be the first to go. All of Rex's loyal followers will follow... Sanchez, Scott, Cro, Holmes. All these clowns got to go, sick of the circus the past 4 years. Zero character.

Rex calm yourself, you're a "player's coach" and that will be your downfall. Get fired and let this be a listen to you. Woody won't settle for a bunch of clowns the season the Superbowl is in NY/NJ.

14. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

I still have faith in Rex and the real problem here is Tannenbaum

15. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Tanny should resign first.....

16. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Well said....

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

not this season - special teams have been as bad as the offense - and that stinks.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Even the Chiefs, a team who has one lead the entire season don’t get dominated. We have been dominated to the point of shame 4 times this season. And a few times last season.

We play well one week and shit the bed the next.

This is because of a lack of preparation, poor game planning and zero leadership and accountability. This is because of our coaching staff - starting at the top.

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I don't believe Rex should resign. He hasn't lost the team, except for the decision to
    stick with Sanchez. Sanchez' play is what's demoralizing this team, that and a series of absolutely crushing turn-overs, especially on special teams.

At this point, if Tebow started, and was allowed to play conventional QB ( in his own style), I believe there would be an enthusiastic response and they'd win at least 3 of the next 5 games. While I don't think that Tebow is the long term answer, I think he'd improve his standing and make himself tradable after the season. Also, if the "O" was rejuvenated, I think the defense would respond positively , and that might hold some promise for the future.

20. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

I'm surprised you haven't updated your signature yet. Gotta add 1 more year to all those numbers of years we haven't won a superbowl after last night right?